Waived: Komisarek on waivers

DevilsHughes86

Dance with the Devil
Mar 6, 2007
Laval
McGuire last night on Montreal radio said it wouldn't be a bad idea for a team in need and right after said look at Boston without McQuaid for a month would be great depth. Wow I hope hope this doesn't happen :help:

Way too much money for next year, unless PC wants to have Komisarek over Ference then he might claim him

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
McGuire last night on Montreal radio said it wouldn't be a bad idea for a team in need and right after said look at Boston without McQuaid for a month would be great depth. Wow I hope hope this doesn't happen :help:

Way too much money for next year, unless PC wants to have Komisarek over Ference then he might claim him

Have to get him his own dressing room away from Looch;)

Komisarek couldn`t beat out the likes of Kostka or Fraser. Sorry, I have absolutely no issues with Johnson being in for a short time, and if Chia wants depth, he can do far better than a stiff like Komisarek who`s "game" has been garbage for years

chippa13*

before "the fight" Komisarek owned Lucic. He was in Milan's head.

Lucic had to use dirty tactics to get back at him by almost breaking his neck by grabbing him from behind and pulling him down in 2009...(dirty Lucic didn't care he was engaged with thornton)

Honestly
If we can get 3/4ths of the old komisarek than I would take a shot....

but if he is going to cough the puck up, be on the ice for every goal against it seems, ice the puck on PP's......and drill my head with ridiculous talk of recycling and the environment like ference does

then I would pass cause we get that at half the cost from Andy Fernover

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

Lucic had to use dirty tactics to get back at him by almost breaking his neck by grabbing him from behind and pulling him down in 2009...(dirty Lucic didn't care he was engaged with thornton)

Honestly

but if he is going to cough the puck up, be on the ice for every goal against it seems, ice the puck on PP's......and drill my head with ridiculous talk of recycling and the environment like ference does

Owned him??? Um, nope:shakehead

He played Looch well, and Looch figured him out, then finished him

Danton Heineken

Howard Potts
Mar 11, 2007
Fall River
Maybe rather than claim him, the Bruins can throw Toronto a 6th or 7th round pick and a low level prospect to take him in a trade if Toronto keeps some of the cap number.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Maybe rather than claim him, the Bruins can throw Toronto a 6th or 7th round pick and a low level prospect to take him in a trade if Toronto keeps some of the cap number.

I honestly think that Komisarek has been good this season, he was working his ass off in the offseason to get back to playing well. He did that for the 4 games he was in and people actually wanted him in the lineup for a change.

He played terrible for about 2.5 years and that bad play did him in...and the Leafs wanted to start seeing what they have in guys like Holzer/Kostka/Fraser etc.

I don't blame him for his bad play though...I don't know if any defenseman under Ron Wilson played good because he had zero idea how to teach defense let alone coach it.

Komisarek was also frustrated at practice once...broke his stick on the crossbar and the particles of the stick got him in the eye and he was out for a week or so..I guess Carlyle didn't like seeing that either.

As far as reducing salary from the Leafs POV, they won't do that, Komisarek is an amnesty buyout candidate next year if nobody claims him.

patty59

Apr 6, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta

Honestly

3/4 of a piece of crap is still crap, although it's less crap so maybe it would be better?:laugh:

BeantownBoy

Jun 6, 2010
I'd take a chance on komisarek it would be good depth and insurance at D. Toronto the gift that keeps giving maybe he will play well in Boston. Plus bruins love old canadiens, begin, Ryder, pouliot, maybe mikes next

DevilsHughes86

Dance with the Devil
Mar 6, 2007
Laval
I'd take a chance on komisarek it would be good depth and insurance at D. Toronto the gift that keeps giving maybe he will play well in Boston. Plus bruins love old canadiens, begin, Ryder, pouliot, maybe mikes next

Remember those rumors that summer that he called the bruins and begged them to sign him :laugh:

don

Aug 31, 2002
Nashua, NH
I don't think we'd have to buy him out this summer. Since he waived his nmc it is no longer in effect. We could send him down or trade him.

amazingcrwns

drop the puck
Feb 13, 2003
Western MA
Visit site
I don't think we'd have to buy him out this summer. Since he waived his nmc it is no longer in effect. We could send him down or trade him.

I don't think there will be a market for him in the off-season, and sending him down to the minors doesn't get rid of the cap hit anymore. So unless the B's are going to buy him out or eat some of the contract to trade him away, I don't think it's realistic to think we can offload the cap hit next year without using an amnesty buyout.

If he didn't have the cap hit next year I'd have no problem with the B's adding him as McQuaid's fill-in for the next 3-4 weeks. Maybe he'd surprise us and be valuable in the playoffs, or at the very least he'd be more injury insurance. The problem is, I can't see JJ giving Chia the authority to pick up someone with the plan being to buy that player out after the season. He's not worth his cap hit, and the B's are already in a tight spot next year. I think they should look somewhere else for another defenseman.

Danton Heineken

Howard Potts
Mar 11, 2007
Fall River

Only a fraction of his cap hit would be taken off the books with the new CBA. The Bruins would most likely have to use the amnesty buyout option, which would allow them to cut bait with no cap ramifications. And his actual salary in the final year is $1M less than his cap hit.

EDIT: Komisarek clears.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad