Waived: Komisarek on waivers

Rumpy

Mar 13, 2002
Saskatchewan
Visit site
Laugh all you guys want I would think long and hard about picking him up.

Not a big fan of picking up other teams trash but maybe with Lucic on his team he finds his balls and becomes a very solid #4 dman again? He fits into Bruins system a lot better than Whitney and would be free..

don

Aug 31, 2002
Nashua, NH
Laugh all you guys want I would think long and hard about picking him up.

Not a big fan of picking up other teams trash but maybe with Lucic on his team he finds his balls and becomes a very solid #4 dman again? He fits into Bruins system a lot better than Whitney and would be free..

Especially if McQuaid is injured even a little. He is also a better #7 than Johnson but costs more.

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto
Pick him up, put a leash on Lucic and place Kommie's locker just out of Looch's reach. Do this before every game and let Looch loose at puck drop. He'll be like the Tazmanian Devil.

TMac21

Save us Sweeney
May 21, 2003
Would be hilarious if the Bs picked him up - maybe Chara could revive his career.

BoyntBergie

Mar 9, 2004
Especially if McQuaid is injured even a little. He is also a better #7 than Johnson but costs more.

Agreed. I don't think the idea of getting him is all that outlandish at all. Also, if I recall correctly, there were rumors of Chia being interested in him in the not too distant past.

Danton Heineken

Howard Potts
Mar 11, 2007
Fall River
What's his pro-rated cap hit?

Also, if I recall correctly, there were rumors of Chia being interested in him in the not too distant past.

That was Komisarek being interested in the Bruins, moreso that Chiarelli being interested in him. But only Toronto was going to give him the kind of contract he got.

Rumpy

Mar 13, 2002
Saskatchewan
Visit site
What's his pro-rated cap hit?

That was Komisarek being interested in the Bruins, moreso that Chiarelli being interested in him. But only Toronto was going to give him the kind of contract he got.

4.5 with 1 more year I read. Not worth that... Definite buy out guy. I'd claim and buy out or show interest in the 1.5-2 range when he's on the market this summer

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008

He has a 4.5 million cap hit. Yeah I'd say he's a little more expensive. He also has another year left on his deal

Kaoz*

!!!Thank you Lucic.... Thank you Lucic!!!

bruins_lucic__jax_arms__by_yourundoing-d5qa6cz.jpg

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
-Former Hab
-College Defenseman

Fills both of Chiarelli's preferences.

Danton Heineken

Howard Potts
Mar 11, 2007
Fall River
4.5 with 1 more year I read. Not worth that... Definite buy out guy. I'd claim and buy out or show interest in the 1.5-2 range when he's on the market this summer

No, I mean his *pro-rated* cap hit. Bruins wouldn't be on the hook for the full $4.5M since Toronto has already been paying him for half the season.

If the pro-rated cap hit is small enough that you'd still have space to get someone like Brenden Morrow, I'd put in a claim and either compliance buyout in the offseason or try to get like a 7th round pick for him.

DaveFromNB

Sep 6, 2008
Quispamsis, NB
If Adam is out, they would just trade a late pick for another bottom pair vet if they didn't feel someone in Providence could fit the bill. Voluntarily picking up the responsibility for dealing with Komi's $4.5 Mil hit next year isn't likely to happen with anyone.

Bri

Jul 13, 2005
Didn't want him when he was a FA (and got told by one person on this board that my lack of interest was due to my not understanding Komi's ability or what a "shut down" d-man is.) (I know, I should let it go, but still... :p:) and I don't want him now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad