Waived: Komisarek on waivers

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
I'd claim him.

Horton want known for being a 'tough winger' in his Florida days, but he grew a brass set once he put on the Bruins jersey. Claim him, buy out in offseason if things dont go well. If Komi plays well, let Ference walk as a UFA.

IMO most folks will be dissapointed come trade deadline day, too many buyers, not enough sellers, HIGH costs. There will be very few if any available dmen, not good ones anyhow. And any dman who IS decent (top-4), will cost a ton in assets.

Chia can add Soderberg & Komisarek without giving up a single asset.

Danton Heineken

Howard Potts
Mar 11, 2007
Fall River
11 hits, 6 blocks, +2 in 4 games while getting bottom-pairing minutes.

Would you rather stick with Aaron "Milquetoast" Johnson or take a no-risk chance on a 6'4" 240 lb defenseman looking to restart his career?

BigBadBruin8

@rsox1221
Jul 31, 2005
Shrewsbury, MA
I've never been a Komisarek fan, but will be 0% surprised if he's claimed now that McQuaid is out for a bit. May not be the worst move in the world, but then again, it just might be. Have to pass.

Last edited:

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
Komisarek? Has everyone lost their damn mind? He wouldn't be the first limited skilled 'physical' :laugh: defenceman who is done by age 30. Remember our good buddy Kyle McLaren?

DanMelanson

Mar 18, 2013
"Markov made him "

Habs Fan Here : We have always said at home that Komi should give Markov 1/2 of his salary . Believe me , you do not want this guy on your team . Lucic did not " ruin him " but helped finish him off. lol

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I do think this is a situation you have to rely heavily on your scouts assuming they have even seen him on this ice this year. If your scouts say he is done then walk away.

I suspect he is just done. And as such you leave him alone.

But there have been guys who have looked done (Rolston), and when they get a chance to play in a games matter environment raise their games a great deal.

I don't want him. But if my choices are Komisarek on Waivers, or Pay a kings ransom (2013 #1plus prsospects), to get another defenseman in there, then I might just make the move on waivers

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
Komisarek blocked 207 shots in 66 games in 2008-09. How did Andrei Markov have anything to do with that?

Markov's skating, defensive ability, and fast puck moving allowed Komisarek to run around acting tough while a top tier defencemen did the real work. His only job was to be tough and not actually play hockey

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
He sucked even when people thought he was good.

Can't pass, shoot, skate, fight, hit or intimidate.

Great at standing in front of the net and letting pucks hit him though.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Komisarek? Has everyone lost their damn mind? He wouldn't be the first limited skilled 'physical' :laugh: defenceman who is done by age 30. Remember our good buddy Kyle McLaren?

This is the same place that was singing the praises of Chelios when he retired.

Chelios, one of the 10 biggest dirt bags to ever play in the NHL and some posters here were waxing poetic about his career.

If Komisarek ended up here, I truly don't know what I'd do.

BergyDGD

Rock Chalk Jayhawk
Jun 25, 2007
City of Champions,MA
This is the same place that was singing the praises of Chelios when he retired.

Chelios, one of the 10 biggest dirt bags to ever play in the NHL and some posters here were waxing poetic about his career.

If Komisarek ended up here, I truly don't know what I'd do.

Would it be any worse than Begin playing a season here? I'm not saying I want him or like him but realistically he could be a serviceable bottom pair d-man while Quaider is out and like mentioned by others it wouldn't cost any assets. It's a pretty low risk move if they were to get him and then buy him out after the season, or best case he regains some form of what he once was if paired with a true top 4 d-man and ends up being another steal from the Leafs. If they choose to pass on him it wouldn't really bother me either. I trust Chia and the scouts will know best in this situation.

nmbr_24

Jun 8, 2003
Visit site
I don't understand why anyone would want Komisarek on the Bruins.

Krug is a much better player than Komisarek, he isn't as big, but he is better.

What would the Bruins do with him and his $4.5 million cap hit next year? I think they would have to buy him out after using him for a playoff depth player who was lucky to get in maybe one game.

A big no thanks to Komisarek.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad