Kitchener Rangers 2023-24 Season Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krangers08

Sep 11, 2023
IMG_6548.jpeg
All things considered I like the lines.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Impressive showing in the Soo by the short handed Rangers. Played 60 minutes. Six players out of the line up and a bunch of youngsters inserted. Really wasn't that impressed with the Soo in this game. They must of had that "flu" going through a full line up. ;)Sop was all over the ice last night. If the Rangers could muster some sort of a power play this game was in the bag.

RB76

Aug 22, 2023
Teams are adjusting to our PowerPlay and applying max pressure in our own zone. Jussi will need to make adjustments quickly or our losing streak may continue for a few games.

Reactions: East Avenue Bully

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Teams are adjusting to our PowerPlay and applying max pressure in our own zone. Jussi will need to make adjustments quickly or our losing streak may continue for a few games.
Jussi did mention the lack of scoring on the power play post game. It's difficult to right now with the top players out of the line up. Rehkopf has to find a way to step up a bit more. The Soo TV guys mentioned Martin would be back next week which was strange. Also someone mentioned Bruz will be back against Saggy.

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017
If that stick was just a few inches lower, it would have been 3-2 Rangers. What a performance by a team with so many players out including 2 top line forwards and the top 2 D. If only they could have gone into OT with a tie then with London's shoot out loss, nothing would have changed. Even still, Rangers are sitting just 2 points back. Could be worse. And may be yet if Saginaw has its way. Hopefully, the boys have enough in the tank to push back.

Rehkopf in a bit of a lull without his two wingers. That can't last. And nice to Sale score his first with the Rangers. How about those rookies?? WOW

HF92

Oct 14, 2017
SSM
www.facebook.com
Impressive showing in the Soo by the short handed Rangers. Played 60 minutes. Six players out of the line up and a bunch of youngsters inserted. Really wasn't that impressed with the Soo in this game. They must of had that "flu" going through a full line up. ;)Sop was all over the ice last night. If the Rangers could muster some sort of a power play this game was in the bag.

First game back with everyone, expect things to be a little stagnant. Barker missed 14 games and looked great. If that’s how we played “under the weather” maybe you should be scared….

Also, if my grandma had balls… you know how it goes ;)

Edit: why can’t I react to posts now, now for sure people won’t know I’m joking cause I can’t even laugh react to their post hahah
I expected a thrashing last night. Hats to the boys for playing a pretty good game. Parsons was stellar.

Go Rangers Go in Saginaw

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
If that stick was just a few inches lower, it would have been 3-2 Rangers. What a performance by a team with so many players out including 2 top line forwards and the top 2 D. If only they could have gone into OT with a tie then with London's shoot out loss, nothing would have changed. Even still, Rangers are sitting just 2 points back. Could be worse. And may be yet if Saginaw has its way. Hopefully, the boys have enough in the tank to push back.

Rehkopf in a bit of a lull without his two wingers. That can't last. And nice to Sale score his first with the Rangers. How about those rookies?? WOW
Sale scored his second so that's a plus. Looking what happened in London last night. This is why it's hard to predict anything in the OHL. A hot goalie and a few well timed goals anything can happen.

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
Jussi did mention the lack of scoring on the power play post game. It's difficult to right now with the top players out of the line up. Rehkopf has to find a way to step up a bit more. The Soo TV guys mentioned Martin would be back next week which was strange. Also someone mentioned Bruz will be back against Saggy.
I felt that was one of the team's best efforts since November.

I'm surprised either Martin or Brzustewicz would be playing so soon. I just hope both aren't being rushed because of the injury situation. There's no need to have lasting effects.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
I felt that was one of the team's best efforts since November.

I'm surprised either Martin or Brzustewicz would be playing so soon. I just hope both aren't being rushed because of the injury situation. There's no need to have lasting effects.
The Soo tv guys mentioned Martin coming back and I think Farwell mentioned Bruz playing today. Not sure how accurate this is but it was mentioned.

Squirrel88

Jul 1, 2023
I thought that MacNiel had a pretty good game. He seems a little more comfortable now that he has played a few games. I can see him being Reid's defensive conscience sometime next year. He needs to put on a little bulk though.

I also thought it was great that the coaches were throwing the rookie line out for defensive zone draws against higher lines from SSM (and that they didn't get filled in during those minutes). Early on it was Stark Romano Lam, and then when Romano was boosted higher in the lineup, Stark Arquette Lam. Those experiences will pay off next year.

To me, it looked like one of Lam's poorer games. He seemed to struggle at times playing through the physicality, unlike earlier in the season. It is a long season for the rookies and a break here and there when the missing players are back may be a benefit for them.

Jives

Jan 6, 2018
I think Sale and Sop is working well with Misa being a good complementary player for those 2. I think that’s 3 lines now (lines 1,2 and 4) that when healthy are set. I think the lines are becoming much clearly now when a full line up is back. If that 3rd line can gel I really like all 4 lines. I think Martin and Lam will be really good together playing against some weaker D pairings.

Swick - Rehkopf - Mesar
Sale - Sop - Misa
Martin - Ellinas - Lam
Bott - Mercer - Pug

Ex - Romano (who is playing way better lately) and Stark

Bruz - Ando
Motew - Reid
Campbell - Savard

Ex - Dirracolo

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
To me, it looked like one of Lam's poorer games. He seemed to struggle at times playing through the physicality, unlike earlier in the season. It is a long season for the rookies and a break here and there when the missing players are back may be a benefit for them.
If that was one of Lams poorer games then you definitely have a keeper. I thought he was one of your standouts. Showed a lot of skill and looked dangerous all game. Sure, he struggled physically and will benefit from adding some weight in the off season, but what young player wouldn't?

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
I thought that MacNiel had a pretty good game. He seems a little more comfortable now that he has played a few games. I can see him being Reid's defensive conscience sometime next year. He needs to put on a little bulk though.

I also thought it was great that the coaches were throwing the rookie line out for defensive zone draws against higher lines from SSM (and that they didn't get filled in during those minutes). Early on it was Stark Romano Lam, and then when Romano was boosted higher in the lineup, Stark Arquette Lam. Those experiences will pay off next year.

One of the Soo players took a penalty against Lam. It wasn't intentional as far as I could see which isn't that far. I think the opposing players glove brushed Lam's eye on the play. Noticed him rubbing his eye a few times after when he was out as if it was irritated.

Squirrel88

Jul 1, 2023
If that was one of Lams poorer games then you definitely have a keeper. I thought he was one of your standouts. Showed a lot of skill and looked dangerous all game. Sure, he struggled physically and will benefit from adding some weight in the off season, but what young player wouldn't?
Fair comments. Watching on TV, I'm likely less engaged, but I thought that his game lacked some of the 'pop' that he has had previously. I thought that in a couple games lately, which was why I suggested some rest mixed in might be beneficial (once there are enough bodies around to permit it). KIT will certainly be looking to him for offence in the future, though, starting next year. We have seen enough to be confident that it will come. He and Hayes have been among the more impressive rookie scorers, given their draft position and age.

RB76

Aug 22, 2023
I think Sale and Sop is working well with Misa being a good complementary player for those 2. I think that’s 3 lines now (lines 1,2 and 4) that when healthy are set. I think the lines are becoming much clearly now when a full line up is back. If that 3rd line can gel I really like all 4 lines. I think Martin and Lam will be really good together playing against some weaker D pairings.

Swick - Rehkopf - Mesar
Sale - Sop - Misa
Martin - Ellinas - Lam
Bott - Mercer - Pug

Ex - Romano (who is playing way better lately) and Stark

Bruz - Ando
Motew - Reid
Campbell - Savard

Ex - Dirracolo
Romano and Stark are showing promise and developing confidence. Really too bad we couldn’t have kept Hamara and Schmidt on the backend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad