Kitchener Rangers 2023-24 Season Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
Rangers have the weekend to get their game back into play. No Ando so others on the D have to step up. What of Swick? Mesar? Notably two off the top line. Coincidence I'm sure.

And how close is Martin to returning? Would they risk him in the next game against London?

Burchell and for that matter, Faist, better not be anywhere near this game.
I would not risk Martin for a while.

Even well noted referee critic Mike Farwell stated that the referees weren't to blame for what happened Saturday. But everyone is allowed their opinion.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
The Fanelli incident changed the trajectory of this team for years to come. That and the DeBoer departure the year prior.

We went from having a team that played smash mouth hockey to a team that took the “high road”. Fan favourites like Duco, Keefe, Clarkson, and Pepe, to name a few, became a thing of the past.

Spott was quick to run Mascioli out of town. Mike Mascioli, a pugnacious, gritty, promising power forward. The 2nd round pick into this league just needed the same direction that was given to Adam Keefe by DeBoer. But Steve B’s “high road” put the kibosh on his development.

Now I’m not saying we need a crew that runs around scrapping every game. But the players I mentioned above were heart and soul players with the gloves on. Hard hitting, no nonsense players with massive work ethic.

What this team needs going forward are a few players like this. Maybe today’s “players like this” are in the form of a Mike Petizian. That type of player was sorely missed on last year’s playoff run. I’m not so sure we have that type of player on this year’s team. Pugliese could be that player?

One thing I do know. We’re going to need players like this, along with skill players, if we want to win going forward. Looking towards 2027, we need to identify and draft players like this in the ‘24 draft.
I remember when they drafted Duco. They said fans will love this kid. He is like a bull in a china shop. It's always good to have a player or two that can give someone running around trying to injure your players a quick poke in the nose. They don't have to be out there getting in fights. Just someone to give your star players a little room to maneuver with out getting cheap shotted. I have too much Irish in me so take this with a grain of salt.

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Thx Pops...Still, I watch that video over and over, and not much is conclusive. I'm watching at regular speed, I'm pausing, frame by frame, and I'm looking for the obvious, cheapshot, but I don't see it. Eyes are fixed on McCue's right elbow; could be sneaky quick but I'm not seeing it. As RangersBlues said, it's away from the play, and it's definitely McCue making contact...I see no elbow raised, send me a screenshot.
You know what this means? I may have to call in the Windsor fans to settle this! lol!

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
1706029958456.png

1706030015961.png

No doubt it's sneaky but his elbow comes right up and then it is forcefully jabbed towards Mesar's head and the motion stops abruptly as solid contact is made. You can see how much he raised his elbow in a matter of milliseconds in the above screenshots. This is no incidental contact.

I don't believe it's a butt-end, but he uses both hands connected through his stick to send the force of the hit through his elbow. That's what I meant by butt-end earlier.

Reactions: Rangers True Blue

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
View attachment 808702
View attachment 808704

No doubt it's sneaky but his elbow comes right up and then it is forcefully jabbed towards Mesar's head and the motion stops abruptly as solid contact is made. You can see how much he raised his elbow in a matter of milliseconds in the above screenshots. This is no incidental contact.
Too late I've invited the Spits fans! lol! Where's the contact? Head, chest? I say inconclusive with respect to the point of contact.

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
Too late I've invited the Spits fans! lol! Where's the contact? Head, chest? I say inconclusive with respect to the point of contact.
All you can say is something happened away from the play involving McCue that injured Mesar. I think logical conclusions can be drawn without knowing if it was a butt end, elbow etc.

You don't actually need to see a person shoot somebody to convict them. Likewise here. McCue got away with something but to say he's innocent is naive.

Reactions: Rangers True Blue

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
All you can say is something happened away from the play involving McCue that injured Mesar. I think logical conclusions can be drawn without knowing if it was a butt end, elbow etc.

You don't actually need to see a person shoot somebody to convict them. Likewise here. McCue got away with something but to say he's innocent is naive.
Maybe McCue banged into Mesar with his halo?

Everyone does! Those Irish sure got around.
That's right Pops. My mother was a Boyle on her fathers side!;)

Krangers08

Sep 11, 2023
Draft pick news.
Jack pridham (9th round pick in 2021) is a HM mention on Bob McKenzie mid season draft list. Set to play at Boston university next year.
Roarke Gilmour (9th round 2022) has committed to the Brooks bandits who are joining the BCHL next year and is committed to Maine.

All the Answers

Jan 19, 2020
Does it matter if it was interference and the result was Mesar sliding into the boards and now possible concussion symptoms? I'm not calling for a suspension but 100% McCue got away with an infraction that resulted in injury. Only 1 party was braced for an impact in this collision that shouldn't have happened.

Krangers08

Sep 11, 2023
Macniel has been replaced in the tournament this weekend and will play in the soo. What will the pairings look like?

Maybe something like
Savard-Brzustewicz
Motew-Campbell
Slotting in the top 3 with Macniel and Dirracolo

Last edited:

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Does it matter if it was interference and the result was Mesar sliding into the boards and now possible concussion symptoms? I'm not calling for a suspension but 100% McCue got away with an infraction that resulted in injury. Only 1 party was braced for an impact in this collision that shouldn't have happened.
Martin was also injured playing against the Knights. Guess he wacked into one of their big halos also. :naughty:

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017
Head. The issue is that it WAS away from the play......and...in the background of the video. I saw this elbow technique again later in the game. Not necessarily McCue. Might be part of the diving lessons.

Ranger77

Dec 29, 2014
Does anyone know if Swick or Mesar have been on the ice for practice this week?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad