Prospect Info: Kirill Kaprizov II: (LW) - CSKA Moscow - 135th Overall, 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

FVM

This does not please me.
Jan 26, 2010
Vantaa, Finland
So , we MIGHT get to see if he can play in the NHL in 202o-21?

Yawn.

Yeah, three years is an eternity. I don't know if there's any hope of having him buy out the last year of his contract or something like that, but it would make sense for him, too, I think. I don't think Kaprizov benefits from playing in the KHL anymore. If he wants to develop and test his skills as an athlete against the best in the world, he should jump across the pond.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I think he has to buy his way out of the contract, though? In other words, the Wild can't be seen to have any connection with his buyout.

In some ways, the Wild are lucky that he is developing on the KHL's dime, but there will be an adjustment period no matter when he comes over. It would help if the Wild get someone on the staff who is a Russian speaker, whether it be a player or support guy(i.e. trainer, coach). Maybe BB or Dumba can study Russian during the summer? Seriously though, do any of the Finns speak a bit? A line of Koivu, Granstein, and KK might be interesting.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
I think he has to buy his way out of the contract, though? In other words, the Wild can't be seen to have any connection with his buyout.

In some ways, the Wild are lucky that he is developing on the KHL's dime, but there will be an adjustment period no matter when he comes over. It would help if the Wild get someone on the staff who is a Russian speaker, whether it be a player or support guy(i.e. trainer, coach). Maybe BB or Dumba can study Russian during the summer? Seriously though, do any of the Finns speak a bit? A line of Koivu, Granstein, and KK might be interesting.

Blues and Lehtera had the same situation and Lehtera bought himself out of his KHL contract and Blues then gave him a signing bonus which covered the buy-out. Wild could do something like that.

FVM

This does not please me.
Jan 26, 2010
Vantaa, Finland
Blues and Lehtera had the same situation and Lehtera bought himself out of his KHL contract and Blues then gave him a signing bonus which covered the buy-out. Wild could do something like that.

Yes, I had that in mind. That would be reasonable for all parties involved.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
when its closer to kaprizov really coming here i hope we trade for a player like buchnevich. if kirill could speak english i'd like to also see him with staal & kunin. just my one cent , in the famous words of lou nanne "i really like this kid"

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
No chance. Very few people study any Russian here, and I can't see hockey players being in that group.
Wasn't sure how it was over there.

Oh well, we'll leave it up to our resident Linguistic Genius from Calgary.

Reactions: FVM

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Well, Komarov or Barkov can..
:naughty:

Or Wild could acquire "Krazy" Khudobin back :D

Last edited:
Reactions: FVM

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Wonder if Svetlakov will be ready in two+ years...if ever. He'd work.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
About the possible buyout, a player must apply for the buyout 16 months before the buyout wishdate and should pay the team 67% of remaining salary on that date.

About Kaprizov's English, iirc, it is far from perfect, but it was enough to communicate with Ryan Stoa. Btw, I guess Sokolov should be able to speak English by now.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011

Yes, I had that in mind. That would be reasonable for all parties involved.

Not possible. Lehtera had previously signed an ELC in 2010 that he technically fulfilled somehow by playing in Liiga (not really sure how, details are kind of hard to come by. Must of been a loan or something), and was technically a RFA that the blue's owned the rights to when he came back.

KK will be required to have an ELC, which caps signing bonuses at 90k per year of the ELC. I suspect 90k isn't going to buy him out of his KHL deal.

FVM

This does not please me.
Jan 26, 2010
Vantaa, Finland
Not possible. Lehtera had previously signed an ELC in 2010 that he technically fulfilled somehow by playing in Liiga (not really sure how, details are kind of hard to come by. Must of been a loan or something), and was technically a RFA that the blue's owned the rights to when he came back.

KK will be required to have an ELC, which caps signing bonuses at 90k per year of the ELC. I suspect 90k isn't going to buy him out of his KHL deal.

Crap. So the only chance is that he really, really wants to come over before 2020 and pays the last year of his KHL contract out of his own pocket, without compensation from Wild.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
About the possible buyout, a player must apply for the buyout 16 months before the buyout wishdate and should pay the team 67% of remaining salary on that date.

About Kaprizov's English, iirc, it is far from perfect, but it was enough to communicate with Ryan Stoa. Btw, I guess Sokolov should be able to speak English by now.

We'll see about Sokolov. His year goal scoring last year in Sudbury was excellent, but there are worrying signs that he just doesn't "get it", when it comes to recurring problems with his conditioning and all round play.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Kaprizov interview. He is not convinced the Wild want him Minnesota Wild Prospect Kirill Kaprizov Wants to Play in the NHL
I'm not one to defend how the Wild have handled their outreach toward Kaprizov, but this...

AS: And now the most important question: why you are not in Minnesota? If you didn’t sign a contract with CSKA up to 2020 you could fly there next spring.
KK: Well, you know that they weren’t too interested in me. What round was I picked at? The fifth? Then they could have talked with me during the World Championship. We all seen the job the Maple Leafs did with Nikita Zaitsev. There was nothing like that with me. I want to play in the NHL. Just not now, but a bit later. At first, I need to play well here, to be more confident. Sometimes I don’t play well even here, in the KHL.

...seems at odds with everything we've heard about how the WJC went down.

Anyway, if he still wants to play in the NHL it'll almost have to be with the Wild. The best thing the Wild can do is spend the next year or two opening up actual lines of communication over to Russia and making their interest in Kaprizov crystal clear. Relying on him to come to us isn't going to cut it.

Last edited:
Reactions: BagHead

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Fletcher, you'd better be doing everything in your power to get KK over here. If what KK says is true, then that's cause for you to be fired. There's more to being a Gm than doing trades with buffalo.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
I'm not one to defend how the Wild have handled their outreach toward Kaprizov, but this...

...seems at odds with everything we've heard about how the WJC went down.

Anyway, if he still wants to play in the NHL it'll almost have to be with the Wild. The best thing the Wild can do is spend the next year or two opening up actual lines of communication over to Russia and making their interest in Kaprizov crystal clear. Relying on him to come to us isn't going to cut it.

I think by the 'World Championships', Kaprizov didn't mean the WJC. ;)

Actually the original Russian version of the interview is with a bit more criticism towards the Wild management:

"What round was I selected in? 5th? I think that they forgot about me immediately after the selection. Only when I made it to the WC they started to do something - started talking with my agent."

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I think by the 'World Championships', Kaprizov didn't mean the WJC. ;)

Actually the original Russian version of the interview is with a bit more criticism towards the Wild management:

"What round was I selected in? 5th? I think that they forgot about me immediately after the selection. Only when I made it to the WC they started to do something - started talking with my agent."
I was wondering about that, but thought Kaprizov wasn't at the World Championships? I probably haven't been playing close enough attention :laugh: The WC would make more sense.

Either way, if the perception on Kaprizov's end is that the Wild are ambivalent about him the blame lies entirely with Fletcher. It's a mistake he has time to fix, but he needs to fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad