Prospect Info: Kirill Kaprizov II: (LW) - CSKA Moscow - 135th Overall, 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
Hopefully in 3 years we have a GM who isn't too lazy to hop on a plane. Would have loved to have Kaprizov on this roster next year.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
If he keeps scoring at this rate he'll wear himself out and need to have Tommy John surgery before the Wild get him.

Goose312

May 15, 2015
Another assist today (on the PP) for Kaprizov.

5g, 4a in 9gp

Do you watch the games at all? I'm curious as to his utilization. It looks like he's back down to 3rd line based on TOI which might makes sense now that he's on a more competitive team.

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
Do you watch the games at all? I'm curious as to his utilization. It looks like he's back down to 3rd line based on TOI which might makes sense now that he's on a more competitive team.

Yea I watch the games I can. I'm usually up early enough.

As far as his utilization - for the most part though he's skating with guys who are also new to the team (Shalunov & Shumakov). Every player on the entire line (including D-men Nesterov & Marchenko) are 25 or under. On occasion he'll play with Grigorenko or Nichushkin but it's not often.

It is pretty obvious though that he is the most talented player on the team and that he is an incredibly unique player. It's important to remember that CSKA Moskva is a team that in the past has prided themselves on their defensive prowess and it's pretty rare for them to have a player be PPG or better throughout a season. Radulov was the only guy who really was putting up PPG numbers for them (Da Costa for 1-1/2 seasons).

I'm of the opinion that he is NHL ready and he could play in our top 6 immediately.

Last edited:

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
If he keeps scoring at this rate he'll wear himself out and need to have Tommy John surgery before the Wild get him.

Made me laugh.

Well, the Wild might get a major boost in 3 years with a superstar level player coming over, as opposed to the interesting young player he is at this point.

What would the contract situation be? Would he be entitled to something more than the routine ELC?

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
It's the hockey equivalent of an MLB team signing a player from the Japanese league. Will Kaprizov be the next Ichiro, or the next Nishioka?

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Made me laugh.

Well, the Wild might get a major boost in 3 years with a superstar level player coming over, as opposed to the interesting young player he is at this point.

What would the contract situation be? Would he be entitled to something more than the routine ELC?

At 22, he'd get a 2 yr elc.

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
If I'm not mistaken, didn't someone post that the Wild brass could not even get close to being in the same room as him? I swear I read something in one of his threads that said Fletcher or Blahr tried to approach him and he was pulled away by someone from his KHL team.

plock

Sonic Reducer
Oct 5, 2013
Mill City
If I'm not mistaken, didn't someone post that the Wild brass could not even get close to being in the same room as him? I swear I read something in one of his threads that said Fletcher or Blahr tried to approach him and he was pulled away by someone from his KHL team.
One of the problems is that the Wild has not had any Russian speaking or Russia based scouts,I believe they added one or two in the off-season.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
No doubt about it, the kid is a star in Russia. I really hope he gives the Wild a chance, and becomes a star here too, but if not, I'm glad to see he's doing well. I remember when he was drafted, we were told he was undersized, not overly fast, didn't have a great shot, had only decent hands, and was a pretty good passer, but still was inexplicably productive for a KHL player of his age. I really like when guys who aren't truly great at any one thing become big time players. I think he's improved a lot of those areas I listed, but it's clear he's put all of those tools together to make a complete package. Awesome! Simply awesome!

FVM

This does not please me.
Jan 26, 2010
Vantaa, Finland
I remember when he was drafted, we were told he was undersized, not overly fast, didn't have a great shot, had only decent hands, and was a pretty good passer, but still was inexplicably productive for a KHL player of his age. I really like when guys who aren't truly great at any one thing become big time players.

Me too. In the end, your ability to think the game at a high level, to anticipate a move or two ahead even when the play is rolling fast, separates the best from the rest. It's so inspiring to see guys like Kaprizov succeed: smallish, never the fastest, doesn't have a booming shot - but just so damn smart and has superior intuition on the ice.

Reactions: BagHead

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
i follow cory pronman on espn , he was amped about kaprizov from day one. thats what got me interested in following his progress. i hope he can work on his speed / skating and become the complete package. what a stud!

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
He's at 11g, 10a in 18gp now.

I think the most telling thing for him is that 9 of his 11 goals are even strength... Many times, we see prolific scorers provide a ton of points of PP. Not so much in KK's case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad