How do Kings earn back your money?

Who needs to go to earn back your money?

• Total voters

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
I'm sure I'll probably regret wading into this but what exactly did Carrlyn say or do that pissed you all off so much?
she had nothing to do with that conversation and she just decided out of the blue that it was her "pick me" moment to tell us all how stupid we are

that was a valid comment then, and it's especially a valid comment now. she chose THAT ONE to stick her neck out

then when NOW she gets reminded of it and gets the shit thrown back at her, she plays victim and hits us with this "why are you all so mean" bullshit. that ain't right. she's a nobody just like we're nobodies, if she wants to fling shit she better be prepared to answer for it (or do what dewey does and ignore it)

All The Kings Men

Apr 7, 2016
she had nothing to do with that conversation and she just decided out of the blue that it was her "pick me" moment to tell us all how stupid we are

that was a valid comment then, and it's especially a valid comment now. she chose THAT ONE to stick her neck out

then when NOW she gets reminded of it and gets the shit thrown back at her, she plays victim and hits us with this "why are you all so mean" bullshit. that ain't right. she's a nobody just like we're nobodies, if she wants to fling shit she better be prepared to answer for it (or do what dewey does and ignore it)

maybe I'm missing it but what did she actually say?

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
She told Russell Morgan to take down a tweet because it wasn’t correct. It possibly was or wasn’t, but her tweet is gone. Seems like PR is on top of scrubbing the internet for out of band news.
Oh yeah, I forgot about that too.

David Lunch

Apr 11, 2018
I think we're all pretty pissed at the organization, but I'm going to voice the thought of "let's chill on the Carrlyn bashing" and save it for people that actually make desicions that effect the organization. Patrick O'Neal (whom I like) also said something really dumb after the post game presser (after game 4 or 5), when Stanovich (I think) brought up that Fiala and Dubois' 17+ mil contracts were doing nothing in the playoffs, Patrick said something like "that's totally uncalled for" or "that's over the line", but he's not getting much grief about that (though it would be earned as much as Carrlyn's comments, IMO).

I don't think it's productive to diverge a single calorie of anger away from BLuc and the frat house at this moment.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Yup she hid it, and went right back to the 'woe is me' stuff

she went after russell for posting ACCURATE stats and tried to get him to take it down

I think we're all pretty pissed at the organization, but I'm going to voice the thought of "let's chill on the Carrlyn bashing" and save it for people that actually make desicions that effect the organization. Patrick O'Neal (whom I like) also said something really dumb after the post game presser (after game 4 or 5), when Stanovich (I think) brought up that Fiala and Dubois' 17+ mil contracts were doing nothing in the playoffs, Patrick said something like "that's totally uncalled for" or "that's over the line", but he's not getting much grief about that (though it would be earned as much as Carrlyn's comments, IMO).

I don't think it's productive to diverge a single calorie of anger away from BLuc and the frat house at this moment.

I think it's constructive becasuse it's a different complaint but a symptom of the rot

I didn't see the O'Neal thing at all but he should have got nailed for that too, it's one thing to voice your opinion and even editorialize but it's another altogether to be policing fans attitudes when they aren't even ignorant or aggressive but literally just stating facts/stats, and especially when you're doing it towards the media/fan coverage that ARENT kissing up, that's just an attempt to bully people into the company line and it pisses me off even more writing about it.

when you have clearly clueless team employees telling fans how to be fans and going after the independent media then acting like WOW when everyone tells you to stuff it it's worth pushing on that

Of course its' MORE worth voicing concerns about the front office as a whole but it's that shitshow that festers and lets the other stuff get out of control

Reactions: David Lunch

David Lunch

Apr 11, 2018
Yup she hid it, and went right back to the 'woe is me' stuff

she went after russell for posting ACCURATE stats and tried to get him to take it down

I think it's constructive becasuse it's a different complaint but a symptom of the rot

I didn't see the O'Neal thing at all but he should have got nailed for that too

when you have clearly clueless team employees telling fans how to be fans and going after the independent media then acting like WOW when everyone tells you to stuff it it's worth pushing on that

Of course its' MORE worth voicing concerns about the front office as a whole but it's that shitshow that festers and lets the other stuff get out of control
Fair enough, and I wouldn't argue the point against people that want to vent on her (and your point about it being indicative of the franchise is totally valid), just wanted to put the counter argument out there.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Maynard

Veteran of Forum Wars
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2003
Orange County
My only issue with Carrlyn is the awful questions she asks. Just bland vague nothingness.

“Adrian, how will you guys bring in the focus to really get it going?”

“Quinton, what kind of things are you seeing out there that can make it better next period?”

Like, she’s from a hockey family and has been in the org for a decade or something and she sounds like she just started yesterday. It’s just banal, basic, tepid unprofessional filler. No wonder state media rushes to her defense so quickly. She’s just like them.

• Haha
Reactions: Surf Nutz

bland

Jul 1, 2004
My only issue with Carrlyn is the awful questions she asks. Just bland vague nothingness.

“Quinton, what kind of things are you seeing out there that can make it better next period?”

Like, she’s from a hockey family and has been in the org for a decade or something and she sounds like she just started yesterday. It’s just banal, basic, tepid unprofessional filler. No wonder state media rushes to her defense so quickly. She’s just like them.
I think the main issue, at least to me, was the over the top positivity at the start of the year. The tone of the Australian coverage thru that initial won streak was that "we are contenders now" and that there was this heavily promoted idea that the Kings had turned a corner when it was so damn obvious that the only likely outcome was going to be "more of the same".

There is a forced, false positivity here that is completely tone deaf. And when the cracks turned into a flood, telling people to take down accurate posts or telling fans to calm down all reads as someone who is pushing a slogan rather than being genuine. I do not want to see or here any of that nonsense from the broadcasting crew. At charity or community events? Sure, sell the positivity. But where we are supposed to go to voice our opinion? Hell no.

We are not a family, and we don't need hugs from the team when times are tough. If the pressure from the losing streak is too much to handle, just don't say anything at all. It's just another sign of how this insulated organization is out of touch with reality and thinks that promoting a false narrative will keep us happy enough to keep supporting them.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
and kind of funny that the narrative changed from that ultra-positive 'see we are contenders' to 'well we are right there' after losing in miserable fashion in the 1st round in worse manner than previous years

"let them cook" is gonna be a meme for years

21Dog

Mar 29, 2007
Tulare, Ca

She's a Golden Mic winner compared to her counterpart on the Dodger telecasts. She knows nothing about the game.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003

I don't remember when this was discussed, but she actually touched on this in the past. Some players just give better and different responses in interviews. Like Quick being less responsive when talking about his own numbers.

So, when there are some seemingly inane questions, I genuinely believe she's trying to get the best responses possible out of the player.

I don't know any of the players personally, so I don't know what criteria she uses for each, but this is something I remember her addressing before, FWIW.

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
I'd voted for: Blake, Luc, Bergevin, coaches, other.

It's really common sense for the three headed monsters to lose their jobs. They have taken the organization out of a rebuild at the perfect moment to put the Kings back into a blackhole organization. There was so much good young talent coming up through the draft (including a franchise changing player in Bedard) that they had a chance to pick. The last two times those type of players came about (McDavid & Matthews) the Kings were still in the Cup challenging faze. So to miss out on a player like that was the last strike against this management team.

Strike 1: hiring Koala
Strike 2: trading for Arvidsson & signing Danault in 2021 offseason.
Strike 3: trading for Fiala & losing Faber
Strike 4: not playing the youth
Strike 5: the whole Petersen situation
Strike 6: missing out on Bedard
Strike 7: trading for PLD & losing Vilardi
Strike 8: not moving Roy at the TDL

Coaching: Koala was the worst hire ever! Dude couldn't win anything in San Jose. He had prime McDavid, Draisaitl, Nuge, Hall and couldn't win shit! You knew he was going to fail from the start. The coaches before Koala were bad but Blake had to give Stevens a chance because of promises before, Desjardins was an interm that didn't stick. Hiller is an interm but in the same mold as the Koala (it's like that spiderman meme). Also, all the PK/PP coaching hires have been awful. It's not "all" on them because the same useless players that just pass the puck around without shooting are a problem, but they didn't make the moves to pull those guys off the lines.

Other: the development team has been awful. I've gotten to watch a lot of the development camps/training camps and to watch these kids be stripped of what makes them "good/top prospects", so they can fit the system is ridiculous. I get the staff trying to make them "well rounded" players, but they force them to lose what makes them stand out. Just look at Kaliyev and his struggles. Plus, a lot of the prospects that have left the Kings to do well outside the organization. You scout a kid and draft him based upon those abilities that you like and then tell him to play a completely different style once he gets into your organization.

I think it was Andy Reid from the Kansas City Chiefs that said "you have to develop your system around your players, instead of having a system to develop your players into. It's harder to change the player than the system."

Last edited:

Omni Owl

No fun, only 1-3-1
Mar 9, 2008
I think it was Andy Reid from the Kansas City Chiefs that said "you have to develop your system around your players, instead of having a system to develop your players into. It's harder to change the player than the system."
This is a great saying that should be forcibly shown to BLuc Clockwork Orange style until its permanently engraved into their consciousness.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
I am also just weary of this whole thing. I saw this shit coming back in 2015 and spent so much time and energy arguing against this nonsense with folks who kept the faith. I am just tired of it, and watching this team has become a chore instead of an enjoyable experience. Screw them all.

Reactions: chris kontos

CowMix

Go Kings Go!
Feb 12, 2006
I'd voted for: Blake, Luc, Bergevin, coaches, other.

It's really common sense for the three headed monsters to lose their jobs. They have taken the organization out of a rebuild at the perfect moment to put the Kings back into a blackhole organization. There was so much good young talent coming up through the draft (including a franchise changing player in Bedard) that they had a chance to pick. The last two times those type of players came about (McDavid & Matthews) the Kings were still in the Cup challenging faze. So to miss out on a player like that was the last strike against this management team.

Strike 1: hiring Koala
Strike 2: trading for Arvidsson & signing Danault in 2021 offseason.
Strike 3: trading for Fiala & losing Faber
Strike 4: not playing the youth
Strike 5: the whole Petersen situation
Strike 6: missing out on Bedard
Strike 7: trading for PLD & losing Vilardi
Strike 8: not moving Roy at the TDL

Coaching: Koala was the worst hire ever! Dude couldn't win anything in San Jose. He had prime McDavid, Draisaitl, Nuge, Hall and couldn't win shit! You knew he was going to fail from the start. The coaches before Koala were bad but Blake had to give Stevens a chance because of promises before, Desjardins was an interm that didn't stick. Hiller is an interm but in the same mold as the Koala (it's like that spiderman meme). Also, all the PK/PP coaching hires have been awful. It's not "all" on them because the same useless players that just pass the puck around without shooting are a problem, but they didn't make the moves to pull those guys off the lines.

Other: the development team has been awful. I've gotten to watch a lot of the development camps/training camps and to watch these kids be stripped of what makes them "good/top prospects", so they can fit the system is ridiculous. I get the staff trying to make them "well rounded" players, but they force them to lose what makes them stand out. Just look at Kaliyev and his struggles. Plus, a lot of the prospects that have left the Kings to do well outside the organization. You scout a kid and draft him based upon those abilities that you like and then tell him to play a completely different style once he gets into your organization.

I mean I get the sentiment but the Arvidsson trade Danault signings werent bad, I wouldn't consider those strikes.

Missing out on Bredard doesn't even make sense, there no guarantee you get him in the lottery .

PLD is the problem with trade but the pieces that were moved out were the right idea. Iafallo and Kupari were replaceable and Vilardi continues to have some big health question marks going forward so we will have to see how that ends up.

I think trading Quick was actually a mistake, I think it hurt the lockeroom chemistry when you could have still fit Gavrikov in cap wise without moving him and Korpisalo didn't move the needle much anyway.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
The Carrlyn stuff really isn't that big of a deal. I can't believe people want her demoted or fired over it.

And interviews are an annoyance for players. They don't want to do them, they're just trying to get it over with. That's why they're boring and pointless 99% of the time. Doesn't matter what the questions are.

Nasti

Jan 30, 2006
Long Beach, CA
I’ve got to hand it to these guys. They’ve managed to turn a large portion of the fanbase against them. I don’t remember the last time this many people were fed up and threatening to not go to games. From here to social media to other message boards. At some point those empty seats will start getting attention. Personally, I haven’t been to a game since 2018 and see no reason to end that streak now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad