Kirill Kaprizov ALREADY holds many Minnesota Wild records

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Here's what I also said in this very thread, but no one appears to have noticed:

In Ottawa's case, it was less about not having the talent and more about not being able to keep it.

Guys like Yashin, Hossa, Spezza, Havlat and Stone were all homegrown talents who put up a lot of points elsewhere.

The list of Wild players who put up substantial points on other teams is Brent Burns.

Does Spezza belong there? Cause he spent like 75% of his career in Ottawa.

Toby91ca

Oct 17, 2022
With his only 4th season as a Wild player he holds the following franchise records:

Goals per game
Assists per game
Points per game
Goals created per game
Most goals in a season
Most assists in a season
Most points in a season
Most PP goals in a season

Also, with only 271 games played, he’s already:

4th in goals
8th in points
10th in shots
2nd in hat tricks

I mean he already qualifies to be considered for a jersey retirement
Great player, but honestly, with Minnesota's history, this isn't that impressive.

Firstly, per game stats are not records for teams and if you want to be technical about it, he isn't #1 in GPG (Mulkalt) or PPG (Nyquist). It also doesn't make much sense to suggest....after only 4 years he's already holding those records. His per game stats will go down over time, so the longer he plays, the worse it might look.....so "already" holding those doesn't make much sense.

Secondly, as noted already, the team doesn't have much of a history, only been around just over 20 years and most of that time league scoring was extremely low.....now he's coming in during a period with scoring higher than it's been in 30 years.

Reactions: King'sPawn

Goose

Apr 18, 2006
Great player, hope he keeps it up, but this thread feels like hyping up the guy who’s on track to get laid more than anyone else in the history of the school chess club.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Most players "has more" today in terms of skating and stick handling ability.

The fair way to compare players from different eras is to compare them to their pears, and I'd say peak Gaborik and current Kaprizov ranks in similar positions among wingers in the league. But yeah, still, I think I'd give Kaprizov a small edge.
What kind of pears? Barlett? Anjou?

• Haha
Reactions: Elvs

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Outside of some Wild rivalries, is there anyone that doesn't like Kaprizov? He's kinda like Bergeron or Iginla where he's pretty well liked around the league with regard to fans.

Pretty hard to not like the guy in my opinion.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
What wingers are above Kaprizov in today's NHL? Probably jus Kucherov. Pastrnak and Panarin are about the same level, others are behind. Not sure Gaborik was thought of as highly.

That's the thing. Kaprizov is behind Kucherov and I'd say Pastrnak also, and in a group with Panarin, Marner, Rantanen and Tkachuk. Kaprizov may be on top of that group this year, but that can change from any season to the next.

Gaborik, in his prime and when healthy, was in a similar group of wingers behind Ovechkin. That being said, again, I'm giving the edge to Kaprizov right now and if he can stay healthy (which Gaborik couldn't) I see him separating himself a lot over time.

I think he'll be the best winger in the league soon with Kucherov aging. Just felt like Gaborik was getting a little too much disrespect.

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010
Yeah. I'm glad I got to witness young Matthews DESTROY The Leafs' franchise record of goals per game already in his first game.

Already, franchise records, per game, smh.

Kap is a great great player though.

LudwigVonKarlsson

Fall of Pierre
Oct 17, 2013
Ottawa, ON
You shouldn't throw stones when you're living in a house of glass as a Senators fan.
Are Ottawa fans not allowed to comment on this website or something??? This makes no sense as he was stating a fact. It's the same thing in Ottawa since we've only been around an extra decade longer than you guys have.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
What kind of pears? Barlett? Anjou?

Pfft, if it ain't a Bosc I don't want it. :sarcasm:

Outside of some Wild rivalries, is there anyone that doesn't like Kaprizov? He's kinda like Bergeron or Iginla where he's pretty well liked around the league with regard to fans.

Pretty hard to not like the guy in my opinion.

Credit where credit's due, he's had the slight edge on Robertson ever since they came up together. Dude is just straight up fun to watch out there - although I'll admit I was glad he was a bit of a non-factor after Game 1 of the series last year. :laugh:

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Yeah. I'm glad I got to witness young Matthews DESTROY The Leafs' franchise record of goals per game already in his first game.

Already, franchise records, per game, smh.

Kap is a great great player though.
Kaprizov leads the per game stats with nearly 300 games though

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Credit where credit's due, he's had the slight edge on Robertson ever since they came up together. Dude is just straight up fun to watch out there - although I'll admit I was glad he was a bit of a non-factor after Game 1 of the series last year. :laugh:
Might have had something to do with the cheap cross checks Suter was laying on him in combination with him battling an injury that occurred in a game against WPG which caused him to miss most of the last month of the season.

So, yeah, if you want to make Kaprizov a non-factor, just intentionally injure him...that'll do it.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Might have had something to do with the cheap cross checks Suter was laying on him in combination with him battling an injury that occurred in a game against WPG which caused him to miss most of the last month of the season.

So, yeah, if you want to make Kaprizov a non-factor, just intentionally injure him...that'll do it.

I mean he did still play the full series (unlike Pavs - speaking of "intentionally injuring")......hell, Kap even scored a goal in that first game.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
I mean he did still play the full series (unlike Pavs - speaking of "intentionally injuring")......hell, Kap even scored a goal in that first game.
He was still injured from the Stanley flop going into this season, took until the All star break before he was even close to the same skater as he had been. Him playing in the series at all was due to the limited options the Wild had to replace him. Same reason JEE even tried to play on a fractured leg. It was very apparent how limited Kap was in the Dallas series, it sucked to watch him dumping in pucks and operating as a stationary turret.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
He was still injured from the Stanley flop going into this season, took until the All star break before he was even close to the same skater as he had been. Him playing in the series at all was due to the limited options the Wild had to replace him. Same reason JEE even tried to play on a fractured leg. It was very apparent how limited Kap was in the Dallas series, it sucked to watch him dumping in pucks and operating as a stationary turret.

Not to get too far off topic but I can't believe he even tried to suit up for that one game. Poor guy played, what, one shift before he had to stop? :help:
That was on Evason, along with a few other calls in that series that helped tilt it the other way.

Going back to what I said earlier though, when healthy, Kap can take hold of a game and I'm sure he'll get plenty of chances down the road to do exactly that, especially in the playoffs.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Not to get too far off topic but I can't believe he even tried to suit up for that one game. Poor guy played, what, one shift before he had to stop? :help:
That was on Evason, along with a few other calls in that series that helped tilt the series the other way.

Going back to what I said earlier though, when healthy, Kap can take hold of a game and I'm sure he'll get plenty of chances down the road to do exactly that, especially in the playoffs.
It was :19 seconds I believe, in fairness it was entirely JEEs call and he did practice on it twice, but re-fractured it that first shift, presumably you blame playoff intensity.

Healthy Kaprizov will do well in the playoffs, he has in the past despite some of the numbers, the Vegas series falls in the realm of small sample sizes to me, Fleury was playing all world against the Wild and robbed at least 3 goals from Kap alone with unexpected saves.

Heiskanen did a hell of a job against him even considering the injury, that is probably his worst matchup defenseman in the conference.

Reactions: Dr Pepper

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
Are Ottawa fans not allowed to comment on this website or something??? This makes no sense as he was stating a fact. It's the same thing in Ottawa since we've only been around an extra decade longer than you guys have.
Yeah you're allowed, but trying to banter from a point of weakness is unwise, in my opinion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad