Kirill Kaprizov ALREADY holds many Minnesota Wild records

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Putting up nice numbers, but using per game/season for someone who has played only 4 seasons (all of which are generally considered prime years) is not a good metric when comparing to other players in the history.
I think it’s legit considering the sample is close to 300 games

Wings4Life

Apr 11, 2007
Ov Steamrolls Jagr!
With his only 4th season as a Wild player he holds the following franchise records:

Goals per game
Assists per game
Points per game
Goals created per game
Most goals in a season
Most assists in a season
Most points in a season
Most PP goals in a season

Also, with only 271 games played, he’s already:

4th in goals
8th in points
10th in shots
2nd in hat tricks

I mean he already qualifies to be considered for a jersey retirement
Fantastic winger.

Would've had his second 100 point season this year too, if not for the missed games.

Reactions: ViD

Realm

Jun 5, 2005
Matthews on a similar trajectory, only difference being the Leafs as a franchise are about 5x older than Minny. :biglaugh:

Cool for Kap though, dude's been electric ever since he broke into the league.
Who cares about Matthews when comparing Kaprisov to Wild history? Also what is funny about the Leafs being an NHL team 5X longer than the Wild? Lets compare a #1 overall pick that has played for Toronto his entire career vs a 5th round pick by an expansion franchise. Weird hype drop by you.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
You could have told me this after his first year and it wouldn't of been too surprising

Praetorian Caps

May 15, 2018
giphy.gif
I wish I could give you multiple like mate. Anyone who makes a Star Wars reference is allright in my book.

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
I'm pretty sure Jared Spurgeon is like quite comfortably in the top 5 in all-time points for the Wild, which makes sense given the team spent like a decade trying to win every game with negative-one to zero score.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
I'm pretty sure Jared Spurgeon is like quite comfortably in the top 5 in all-time points for the Wild, which makes sense given the team spent like a decade trying to win every game with negative-one to zero score.
Spurgeon is 4th, Kaprizov likely to pass him next season.

With his only 4th season as a Wild player he holds the following franchise records:

Goals per game
Assists per game
Points per game
Goals created per game
Most goals in a season
Most assists in a season
Most points in a season
Most PP goals in a season

Also, with only 271 games played, he’s already:

4th in goals
8th in points
10th in shots
2nd in hat tricks

I mean he already qualifies to be considered for a jersey retirement
Per game records don't really make sense, but he does have the two highest point outputs and if he scores 2 more goals he will outright have the two highest goal outputs (already has the highest and one more to move into a tie for 2nd highest as well)

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Since he fully recovered from last season's injuries, he's been destroying the league. He's 55 points in 36 games in 2024. It's 125 point pace. I doubt Gaborik was ever this good.

Reactions: Regal

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
Without the Norwegian Hobbit he's nothing.

I kid. I have a real soft spot for Gaborik but what Kaprizov is doing is pretty damn impressive. Hopefully they can build some quality support around him, unlike what they were able to do with Gabby.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
No. He was very good, don't get me wrong. Very good. One of the best shots in the game for years was Gabby.

But Kap is more dynamic and a better skater and stick handler, albeit Gabby would beat him 1v1 straight speed.

Speed and shot. Not that bad, but Kaprizov has more.

Most players "has more" today in terms of skating and stick handling ability.

The fair way to compare players from different eras is to compare them to their pears, and I'd say peak Gaborik and current Kaprizov ranks in similar positions among wingers in the league. But yeah, still, I think I'd give Kaprizov a small edge.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Most players "has more" today in terms of skating and stick handling ability.

The fair way to compare players from different eras is to compare them to their pears, and I'd say peak Gaborik and current Kaprizov ranks in similar positions among wingers in the league. But yeah, still, I think I'd give Kaprizov a small edge.

What wingers are above Kaprizov in today's NHL? Probably jus Kucherov. Pastrnak and Panarin are about the same level, others are behind. Not sure Gaborik was thought of as highly.

Reactions: Wings4Life and ViD

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Kaprizov could get the Chris Simon chop to the face and Jets fans would still call it a dive.
Undoubtedly some would. Not all, but some. To be fair to them, I've seen several Wild posters do the same thing in reverse. In Kaprizov's case, we've reached a point where I actually find myself wanting to healthy scratch him against the Jets. Emphasis on healthy.

Reactions: Digitalbooya

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Who cares about Matthews when comparing Kaprisov to Wild history? Also what is funny about the Leafs being an NHL team 5X longer than the Wild? Lets compare a #1 overall pick that has played for Toronto his entire career vs a 5th round pick by an expansion franchise. Weird hype drop by you.

Seems I struck a nerve, eh? lol

All I meant with my comment was that this thread reminded me of Matthews climbing the Leafs' all time ladder, which made it funnier to me because of how much older the Leafs are. You'd think such a storied franchise would have records that are tougher to conquer.

Didn't mean it as a slight against Kap obviously, I hope he follows a similar trajectory and his name's eventually all over the WIld's record books.

Leafs fans any time a thread is about something other than the Leafs…

Not a Leafs fan, at all, but go off I guess.

I just live here. :laugh:

Reactions: Strawberry Fields

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
The "star" forward concept is sort of interesting in a way. On the one hand, I agree that Kaprizov and Gaborik are the best offensive players in Wild history, and the only two who should be considered stars. On the other hand, I also think Koivu was a better player than Gaborik by just a little bit. This really makes me realize how tied to offense the term is.

Whatever, this is a Kaprizov thread and, IMO, his impact is larger than either of theirs. Even if he leaves after this contract, I'm very happy I got to witness his brilliance with my own eyes.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad