Kirill Kaprizov ALREADY holds many Minnesota Wild records

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
With his only 4th season as a Wild player he holds the following franchise records:

Goals per game
Assists per game
Points per game
Goals created per game
Most goals in a season
Most assists in a season
Most points in a season
Most PP goals in a season

Also, with only 271 games played, he’s already:

4th in goals
8th in points
10th in shots
2nd in hat tricks

I mean he already qualifies to be considered for a jersey retirement

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
Exciting player. He's already one of the best goalscorers in the league and has the talent for more than one 100 point season, just needs to stop getting injured.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I was gonna say yeah, it's still impressive given they had Gaborik. But he'll crush all that given time.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
So... A lot of nothing?

Per game/per season is meaningless. People care absolute franchise records such as most goals, assists, etc.

He's a superstar player, but let's not act like he's some otherworldly talent that is transcending normal hockey.

I am Canadian

AM34|WN88|MM16
May 22, 2008
Toronto
Matthews on a similar trajectory, only difference being the Leafs as a franchise are about 5x older than Minny. :biglaugh:

Cool for Kap though, dude's been electric ever since he broke into the league.
What are you on about? This is Matthews' 8th year with the Leafs. Kap has only been there 4

Hopefully he stays in Minnesota. I want star players on teams with passionate fan bases

Reactions: Voight

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
Per game stats is a record? Gaborik played in the DPE, from a pure talent perspective he wasn’t far behind Kap who will obviously clear the real records
Gaborik was likely the better player, but was often injured or had a misdiagnosed injury.

What helps Kaprizov is that he is playing in the highest scoring seasons in the history of the Minnesota Wild

Reactions: Foppberg

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
It says a lot about the history of the Wild.

to be fair with how little time they've been around league scoring the last few years is also higher than at any other point in their history

so the per game and in a season records do make sense

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
giphy.gif

• Love
Reactions: Praetorian Caps

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad