Kingston Frontenacs 2023-24 Season Thread (Part One)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Logosarejusttargets

Jan 3, 2023
Looks like Nolan Ling isn't on the regular season roster nor is Velliaris - just the 8 - Burns, Holmes, Budnick, McGowan, Schneider, Uens, Bergeron and Williamson.
15 Forwards listed but Savard not on there yet, so that means 16 to start season unless further moves happen.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
IMG_6737.png

Amazing trade. What a pickup. The tough guy they needed and he will probably average around a point a game depending on who he plays with. My guess is miedema and ludwinski on first line

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
good value for sure, i would do it again and let callens go
I agree. Callens is alright but not for an OA. If they could trade him and get another OA d man to play in the top 4 I think that would be a better move. Probably cheaper too considering you know you’re getting 1 year out of it

Reactions: Logosarejusttargets

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Savard and Marty Williamson did not see eye to eye in Barrie. Savard also had problems staying out of the penalty box during last years run in the playoffs.
if you made an all star team of players who didnt agree with marty williamson it would be a hell of a team.

I agree. Callens is alright but not for an OA. If they could trade him and get another OA d man to play in the top 4 I think that would be a better move. Probably cheaper too considering you know you’re getting 1 year out of it
callens wouldnt have any value, it would be releasing him. theres a reason why you got savard for an 8th, the 0a market is in shambles. giving up a 6th for an nhl drafted overage and releasing callens is still a win

From Up Top

Apr 30, 2010
if you made an all star team of players who didnt agree with marty williamson it would be a hell of a team.

callens wouldnt have any value, it would be releasing him. theres a reason why you got savard for an 8th, the 0a market is in shambles. giving up a 6th for an nhl drafted overage and releasing callens is still a win
lol Touché!

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Oh I know that for sure I mean like they’d trade him and picks for a good quality OA to some team retooling or rebuilding and he would still have a spot in the ohl and the fronts would get a much needed upgrade so it works out for both sides. If savard is worth an 8th round pick callens is probably a conditional 15th LOL

Actually this just had me thinking. Callens is a winger and I believe he’s a lw mainly.

Savard is too.

I think this move means callens is gone for sure. They’ll either trade him to some team like how barrie did or release him and then keep the oa spot open if they want to make a trade probably later in the season towards christmas

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Another thing to consider is callens take up a roster spot and would probably play more than a young guy like weir who has some development to do. I think they’ll trade callens.

Keep weir on 3rd line until around end of December then send him to some place like the ojhl or gojhl where he can dominate. Come back the following year and he’s a whole new player.

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
Travis Savard for an 8th round draft pick was a very low cost which will likely not be the norm for overage forwards this year. Ottawa received a 2nd and a 3rd for Jack Beck. Overage defencemen have been getting an average of a 3rd, a 4th or a 5th and another draft pick. Michael Simpson who was the playoff MVP was traded for a Zach Bowen who was the winner of the F.W. ‘Dinty’ Moore for the rookie goaltender with the goals against average and a 3rd round draft pick. I would expect other overage forwards would cost much more.

Reactions: Section5Petes

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Travis Savard for an 8th round draft pick was a very low cost which will likely not be the norm for overage forwards this year. Ottawa received a 2nd and a 3rd for Jack Beck. Overage defencemen have been getting an average of a 3rd, a 4th or a 5th and another draft pick. Michael Simpson who was the playoff MVP was traded for a Zach Bowen who was the winner of the F.W. ‘Dinty’ Moore for the rookie goaltender with the goals against average and a 3rd round draft pick. I would expect other overage forwards would cost much more.

beck is a unicorn, he's elite and goes against the norm.

all the top imports are now gone in theory, you have some like ertel, lawrence who are on the same level as savard and now the market has said what savard is worth. later in the year more elite guys will get more, but today, no, overages with savards background are worth a mid round pick.

Reactions: HockeyPops

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
beck is a unicorn, he's elite and goes against the norm.

all the top imports are now gone in theory, you have some like ertel, lawrence who are on the same level as savard and now the market has said what savard is worth. later in the year more elite guys will get more, but today, no, overages with savards background are worth a mid round pick.
Connor Lockhart has been on many OHL fans wish list. While I still think he will remain with the Petes. If they were to trade him he would go for a minimum of a 2nd and a 3rd and at maximum a player and a draft pick or a 2nd, a 3rd and a 4th. The same would go for Pasquale Zito in North Bay or Alex Christopoulos in Windsor. If all Peterborough could get for him was a 8th round draft pick they would keep him for sure.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Connor Lockhart has been on many OHL fans wish list. While I still think he will remain with the Petes. If they were to trade him he would go for a minimum of a 2nd and a 3rd and at maximum a player and a draft pick or a 2nd, a 3rd and a 4th. The same would go for Pasquale Zito in North Bay or Alex Christopoulos in Windsor. If all Peterborough could get for him was a 8th round draft pick they would keep him for sure.
you are aware that zito probably isnt playing this year, right?

lockhard may or may not get a 2nd and 3rd but it wouldnt happen until the deadline. i wasnt talknig about the deadline, i was talking about guys on the market today. im not sure hes as good as beck but hes close. christopolus is the top oa in my opinion in that group, he would be clsoe to beck as well, but not as good.

everyone wanted beck, he was the top name out there, everyone else falls after him.

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
you are aware that zito probably isnt playing this year, right?

lockhard may or may not get a 2nd and 3rd but it wouldnt happen until the deadline. i wasnt talknig about the deadline, i was talking about guys on the market today. im not sure hes as good as beck but hes close. christopolus is the top oa in my opinion in that group, he would be clsoe to beck as well, but not as good.

everyone wanted beck, he was the top name out there, everyone else falls after him.
Why is Pasquale Zito not playing this year? He is on North Bay’s regular season roster on the OHL website.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Why is Pasquale Zito not playing this year? He is on North Bay’s regular season roster on the OHL website.
he has not been at camp and was not at his nhl camp, thats all i will say.

if i know this, you can trust me when i tell you, over age players are not very coveted right now unless they are truly high end.

Reactions: Roadhog

ktownfan

Apr 28, 2022
tyler

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
he has not been at camp and was not at his nhl camp, thats all i will say.

if i know this, you can trust me when i tell you, over age players are not very coveted right now unless they are truly high end.
Zito was with the Battalion for at least some of the camp
Idk. He did not show for Detroit camp for personal reasons is what I read

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad