Kingston Frontenacs 2023-24 Season Thread (Part One)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Logosarejusttargets

Jan 3, 2023
View attachment 783547
Lines for tonight’s game.

I like the forward lines but I’m confused as to why ludwinski is not playing? Like I’ve mentioned before if he isn’t playing here perhaps they’re trying to trade him and they don’t want to risk injury. Would be smart to save him from playing this weekend if you’re unsure about the direction of the team. See how they play without him.

On d I love that burns finally has a good d partner. They should play well together. And with Schmidt being so good defensively perhaps we see Burns turn more offensive. McGowan and uens I like that line too. You have a defensive d man who can hit in McGowan and an offensive minded d man in uens. Then third line for d is the youth movement. We haven’t seen velliaris in a while but keep in mind his brother is on the Pete’s.
I thought Burns had a pretty rough go of it tonight - especially the first 2 periods. A lot of turnovers and poor decision making. I thought having Schmidt may have helped him relax out there, but he seemed off. Hopefully he doesn't miss time from that hit at the end.

Classy move by Sam Mayer in Peterborough boarding burns with 8 seconds left injuring burns. Looked at it for a while and officials only called it a 2 but I’m sure the ohl won’t be happy about a pointless dirty play injuring a star player at the end of a game. Will be shocked if he isn’t suspended for that.

Fronts win 3-2
The Petes in general seem to be a dirty/walk the very fine line of not dirty kinda team. Lots of extra slashes, spears, crosschecks that they tend to get away with.

Logosarejusttargets

Jan 3, 2023
View attachment 783547
Lines for tonight’s game.

I like the forward lines but I’m confused as to why ludwinski is not playing? Like I’ve mentioned before if he isn’t playing here perhaps they’re trying to trade him and they don’t want to risk injury. Would be smart to save him from playing this weekend if you’re unsure about the direction of the team. See how they play without him.

On d I love that burns finally has a good d partner. They should play well together. And with Schmidt being so good defensively perhaps we see Burns turn more offensive. McGowan and uens I like that line too. You have a defensive d man who can hit in McGowan and an offensive minded d man in uens. Then third line for d is the youth movement. We haven’t seen velliaris in a while but keep in mind his brother is on the Pete’s.
Ludwinski didn't play likely for one of a few reasons 1) he's going to be traded and are protecting an asset 2) he is waiting to see if he's going to be the 13th F for CAN 3) He's sick/hurt after selection camp 4) he was given a break. Figure he played Thur in NB, FRI in SOO, Oakville for the Team Canada stuff Sun-Wednesday - maybe he was just wiped.

leafs4life94

Jan 15, 2014
He had maybe 4 or 5 shifts - so not really much material to work with. He was aggressive on one shift in the 3rd where he bear hugged and threw down ( I think it was Melee) but was a bit lost out there - which is understandable.
Yeah that's no where near enough to get a read on someone in their debut.

If what I've read about the Burns injury is true and he's out at least the rest of the week their D core is going to be a bit of a struggle - with Bergeron coming in but that means either him, Velliaris or Williamson would be playing top 4 minutes. I'd probably rather Williamson in the top 4 but that'd mean a Velliaris/Bergeron third pair which is very much sub-optimal.

Schmidt will probably play at least 30 minutes tonight.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Yeah that's no where near enough to get a read on someone in their debut.

If what I've read about the Burns injury is true and he's out at least the rest of the week their D core is going to be a bit of a struggle - with Bergeron coming in but that means either him, Velliaris or Williamson would be playing top 4 minutes. I'd probably rather Williamson in the top 4 but that'd mean a Velliaris/Bergeron third pair which is very much sub-optimal.

Schmidt will probably play at least 30 minutes tonight.
Holy crap defence is gonna suck the next 2 games. Schmidt better have some extra smelling salts tonight he will need it

leafs4life94

Jan 15, 2014
Looks like Cavallin/Burns out and Ludwinski/Bergeron in for tonight

1702671745045.png

ottsabrefan

May 19, 2011
Ottawa
Interesting move playing ludwinski. Maybe they won’t be trading him. I think they’re taking it game by game.

If he does really well the next 2 games. His trade value will go through the roof and perhaps they trade him after Christmas.
I’m assuming they haven’t given up on this year, hence why they traded high assets for an OA, so I expected to see Ludwinski out there. Plus, it helps out the defence. They may still trade him but it is probably way to early to read the market and know that.

Reactions: frontsfan67

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Surprised nobody said anything about that tremendous game(sarcasm)

In all seriousness this is going to be a long couple of games or weeks until we have our d men healthy again. Absolutely atrocious game by them.

Up front nobody really stood out except for Ludwinski who looked like he was shot out of a cannon every time he was on the ice and generated countless chances (that amounted to nothing unfortunately) & battaglia who continues to impress.

leafs4life94

Jan 15, 2014
Velliaris had some moments where he looked like he very much belonged including a really nice 2-1 breakup, I think he'll be a factor next year.

Once again - give Vaccari a GD break... I don't know why they keep tossing him out there with JJ ready and waiting

Reactions: frontsfan67

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Surprised nobody said anything about that tremendous game(sarcasm)

In all seriousness this is going to be a long couple of games or weeks until we have our d men healthy again. Absolutely atrocious game by them.

Up front nobody really stood out except for Ludwinski who looked like he was shot out of a cannon every time he was on the ice and generated countless chances (that amounted to nothing unfortunately) & battaglia who continues to impress.

Battaglia is looking like a good top six winger for next season, on a good team.
It wasn’t just Ludwinski, Hemstrom was also very good last night imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad