Kingston Frontenacs 2023-24 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Dang - watched your game Vs Pete’s and man you guys might not need to sell. Jeez!
I think all we will sell is ludwinski for picks to help with next year and year after. And maybe pick up a good backup goalie to help vaccari. A guy posted here that Sudbury has 3 decent goalies so I would assume kingston might try something there

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
@beastintheeast ludwinski has a 1.19ppg average while playing a great 200 foot game on a struggling kingston team. To put into perspective your boy Pinelli has a 1.06 while playing horrible defence. You don’t think ludwinski will be very valuable lol?

Ludwinski if he played a full season at this pace would have 81 points on a bad kingston team. Imagine if he was on a team like London? Can guarantee that number would only go up

Just searched it up among the top 50 point getters this year so far he is #27th. (Owen beck is #26 with 0.01 percent higher.) not bad for a 200foot player.

To me, Ludwinski could end up being the best value player potentially available at this deadline.

Reactions: frontsfan67

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Really can’t see KI

Really can’t see Kingston selling.
I agree it’s looking more and more like they won’t but for the next 2 years I believe it would be smart to stockpile lots of picks(trading ludwinski for picks) and you have weir to fill a spot in the top 2/3 lines next year along with whoever they get. I’m sure someone will be a surprise just like battaglia how much he has improved this year- probably Hopkins. There’s no real need for ludwinski. It really helps the team but I think they could still accomplish similar goals without him and that’s saying lots because he’s been their mvp this year minus vaccari.

I hope they can trade him for lots and lots of picks or a d man that’s 04/05/06 high quality will help them for 2 or 3 years. Obviously take a hit to the top line but next year they get can one of the big fish at the deadline with pretty much all the other impact guys returning expect for Schmidt and Holmes.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
To me, Ludwinski could end up being the best value player potentially available at this deadline.
Fully agree just don't think he will bring in more than a couple of early picks

Then again maybe Sudbury will do a goalie for ludwinski swap
Really can’t see KI

Really can’t see Kingston selling.
Someone's going to try something I agree I don't see anyone in the division doing any major trading

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Fully agree just don't think he will bring in more than a couple of early picks

Then again maybe Sudbury will do a goalie for ludwinski swap

Someone's going to try something I agree I don't see anyone in the division doing any major trading

Don’t sleep on Ludwinski’s trade value. He could end up being just as effective as Owen Beck To a contender. He just won’t likely go for the same package. That doesn’t mean he will be a steal either.

You look at a team like SSM, and a package would look something like:
Brown or Miller
Brodie M-B
Flint 2nd 2024
Saginaw 3rd 2025

I think a return like that is possible for Ludwinski. I may be underestimating that return to be honest.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
IMG_9930.png

Hemstrom and Holmes are back this game. Salajko gets the start.
Fresh off his career best 5 pt game coach Mann starts Chromiak on the third d pair lol

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Callens left the game and didn't come back after a weird hit into the boards on Thursday night. Not sure about Poole, but it is that time of the year when sickness is going around.
I heard from a couple people Poole is sick. Hoping that is all because that’s a good piece for 4th line and pk.

zaluty

May 30, 2007
Kingston
Team filling the net the last two games. Hopefully it can continue I want a huge return for Ludwinski, if not keep him and add a few tweaks and see where we can go in the playoffs.

ottsabrefan

May 19, 2011
Ottawa
Team filling the net the last two games. Hopefully it can continue I want a huge return for Ludwinski, if not keep him and add a few tweaks and see where we can go in the playoffs.
I agree. No need to sell low on him as we aren’t exactly a rebuilding team this year.

ottsabrefan

May 19, 2011
Ottawa
Salajko was great today. Lots of grade A chances by the 67s. Looking at his stats, he has now played 5 full games equivalent and all but the first look respectable. Not sure why he isn’t playing more. No bigger game than at Ottawa, so I’m assuming they may end up keeping him and playing him after all.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Salajko was great today. Lots of grade A chances by the 67s. Looking at his stats, he has now played 5 full games equivalent and all but the first look respectable. Not sure why he isn’t playing more. No bigger game than at Ottawa, so I’m assuming they may end up keeping him and playing him after all.
I think that they wanted to do was inch him in. At the start of the year against London he clearly wasn’t ready. He’s gotten his opportunities in the first half games and has gotten better every game.

I assume he will continue that upward trend by the end of the year which will be huge.

He is an 06 and will be on the team next year too likely unless they draft an import goalie for a great 1-2 punch but I think it’s more likely they’ll draft a d man as they’re losing 2 big parts of the team in Holmes and Schmidt after this year

Last edited:

GoFronts

Sep 2, 2019
I think that they wanted to do was inch him in. At the start of the year against London he clearly wasn’t ready. He’s gotten his opportunities in the first half games and has gotten better every game.

I assume he will continue that upward trend by the end of the year which will be huge.

He is an 06 and will be on the team next year too likely unless they draft an import goalie for a great 1-2 punch but I think it’s more likely they’ll draft a d man as they’re losing 2 big parts of the team in Holmes and Schmidt after this year
I think you're bang on that they wanted to inch him in, but I think the London game just absolutely shattered his confidence and then they had to build him back up.

I also think that there were times where they wanted to play him or it would have made sense to play him, but guys got injured on the back end and didn't think they could insulate him the proper way. It would make sense. As his confidence builds I can see him getting more starts, but it is risky business as we approach the deadline. Imagine Mason gets exhausted and Salajko is the only option? Going to be interesting leading up to the deadline for sure.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
I think you're bang on that they wanted to inch him in, but I think the London game just absolutely shattered his confidence and then they had to build him back up.

I also think that there were times where they wanted to play him or it would have made sense to play him, but guys got injured on the back end and didn't think they could insulate him the proper way. It would make sense. As his confidence builds I can see him getting more starts, but it is risky business as we approach the deadline. Imagine Mason gets exhausted and Salajko is the only option? Going to be interesting leading up to the deadline for sure.
I agree and so will beast lol I’m sure he will have a thing to say or two about donoso especially if he has a good game today

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
I agree and so will beast lol I’m sure he will have a thing to say or two about donoso especially if he has a good game today
Beast has been away recharging the batteries on the warm sandy beaches, drinking beer and enjoying the scenery. Yes, the beach looked nice too LOL

As to Salajko. My issue was prefaced by the fact that the team did not seem to think he was ready. By that, I mean there were weekends that he could have easily played, and instead, they decided to try to kill Vaccari with too much iced time.

The fact that Cooper, an ex-goalie, left him sitting told me that there might be a problem. Also, the way they were using him meant that a kid in early development was/is not getting any ice time in games and was sitting, losing his confidence and skill.

That puts the issue in the position of if you are not going to play him, then send him down to at Jr B teams and let him get his confidence back and get some experience.

Donoso seemed the best avai choice, and if it was/is a lack of faith in him, then sending him down and getting Donoso for nothing (again, a goalie you traded for then sent to the Jr B made sense.

You can't play Vaccari as many games as they did the first 30 and expect him not to get tired, and when they get tired, they get hurt easily. Especially on a team with defensive issues.

Depending on things, I still see the Donos trade as a possibility if you are going to go for it.

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
Salajko outplayed Donoso the other day so we’ll see. Salajko is also three years younger.
Not to try to pat Donoso on the back but he had 0 defence in front of him. When have you seen a guy on a breakaway getting 2 shots and then another player put the puck into the open net and no defence in sight. I think the team left the game a little early especially mentally.

Reactions: ottsabrefan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad