Kingston Frontenacs 2023-24 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Being the best player on a team shouldn't mean you are the captain -- that shouldn't be the criteria. Often it ends up being the best or close to the best guy - simply because that best guy is committed, dedicated, loyal and a team guy. I don't for a second believe that Paul isnt super skilled, works his ass off and gives it his all each game - but that's also not to say that he is considered selfish or self-centred by others. He's very good to the fans off the ice - he's learning to be a good professional.
I don’t think the guy is selfish at all he’s the best passer on the team along with the best player. He would have a lot more assists if guys could play with him. Not knocking battaglia or Soto but neither of them although I’m high on them are close to the same level as ludwinski. Also helps that Ludwinskis compete is way higher than those 2.

Overrated. We have crack heads and mentally ill people walking around muttering to themselves. Great fun! The big city is really where it is at!
Walks downtown at night must be amazing for all the tourists!

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Ludwinski would be the perfect centre for Stonehouse. The one thing Stonehouse is missing this year is someone that can thread passes through the net front where Stonehouse lives. He plays his more productive hockey when pucks can get deep into the crease area.

Logosarejusttargets

Jan 3, 2023
I don’t think the guy is selfish at all he’s the best passer on the team along with the best player. He would have a lot more assists if guys could play with him. Not knocking battaglia or Soto but neither of them although I’m high on them are close to the same level as ludwinski. Also helps that Ludwinskis compete is way higher than those 2.

Walks downtown at night must be amazing for all the tourists!
So is he your Anti-Uens... Cannot be critiqued without fierce defending. And in fairness to Battalgia and Soto - that line came to life when they were put together by Mann. Coming back from the Blackhawks Ludwinski wasn't playing anywhere close to what he as been under Mann with Soto and Battaglia.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
So is he your Anti-Uens... Cannot be critiqued without fierce defending. And in fairness to Battalgia and Soto - that line came to life when they were put together by Mann. Coming back from the Blackhawks Ludwinski wasn't playing anywhere close to what he as been under Mann with Soto and Battaglia.
I’d say he’s my favourite player for obvious reasons lol. I don’t just pick a favourite because they’re from around the area.

Yes lots of drafted nhl player had a slow start coming back from camps look at Owen beck for instance too. Also battaglia and Soto weren’t playing as good without ludwinski could say the same thing. Regardless glad Mann found chemistry with those 3.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Ludwinski would be the perfect centre for Stonehouse. The one thing Stonehouse is missing this year is someone that can thread passes through the net front where Stonehouse lives. He plays his more productive hockey when pucks can get deep into the crease area.
Ok let’s say hypothetically he goes to Ottawa. (Highly highly doubt it trading our best player to our biggest rival)

What would the package be? Kingston would be looking at young impact players

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Ok let’s say hypothetically he goes to Ottawa. (Highly highly doubt it trading our best player to our biggest rival)

What would the package be? Kingston would be looking at young impact players

I don’t think impact young players are on the board for Ludwinski. I think if you look at last year’s deals, players like Ludwinski were traded for picks. I think a similar deal to Frasca (two 3rds and three 3rds). The Harrison deal last year was also similar. Same with Zhilkin And Dann.

That said, if Boyd were to push aside his penchant for only trading draft picks, kids like Kelly and Brady could be used to lessen the impact on the draft picks. Whether those guys push a needle for any particular team or not remains to be seen.

Reactions: frontsfan67

leafs4life94

Jan 15, 2014
Apparently Chromiak was cut from the Slovakian team, he's not on the IIHF roster and someone in the Slovak WJC roster thread confirmed it.

Obviously the Fronts posted it too early...

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Now that Christmas is over with- I believe we can see some trades start to happen here soon. Has anyone heard of any possible trades regarding kingston players?

This deadline will tell us what they plan on doing here this year. Has been up in the air about what they should do here since the beginning of the season. I’m sure we will have all our answers here soon enough.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
Now that Christmas is over with- I believe we can see some trades start to happen here soon. Has anyone heard of any possible trades regarding kingston players?

This deadline will tell us what they plan on doing here this year. Has been up in the air about what they should do here since the beginning of the season. I’m sure we will have all our answers here soon enough.
The challenge Cooper and Mann have is not so much what they want but what they are being offered. This team seems to have many areas that need to be fixed; therefore, I think they will look at what the market is offering before deciding in their direction. Your best player is 43rd in the league in points so he is not going to bring a big return.

The only player who will bring a reasonable return is Frasca, and I do not see Cooper pulling a Mav. I think he will be your leader next year.

My guess is that Cooper gets a goalie to take some of the pressure off of Vaccari and trades Callen for a 14th-round case of Molson and a bag of hockey pucks.

The scary thing is if they do nothing and Boudreau finds a way to energize and develop the Dogs and or Barrie gets it together, you could find yourself fighting for the playoffs again.

BOTTOM LINE you need a goalie who can take the number of shots ou guys give up in a game,

Wolf on a Wire

Sep 18, 2022
It looks like we will have an extra goalie once Vondras returns from WJ championships. Ludwinski is a player that could help our team, not sure what that trade would look like?

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
The challenge Cooper and Mann have is not so much what they want but what they are being offered. This team seems to have many areas that need to be fixed; therefore, I think they will look at what the market is offering before deciding in their direction. Your best player is 43rd in the league in points so he is not going to bring a big return.

The only player who will bring a reasonable return is Frasca, and I do not see Cooper pulling a Mav. I think he will be your leader next year.

My guess is that Cooper gets a goalie to take some of the pressure off of Vaccari and trades Callen for a 14th-round case of Molson and a bag of hockey pucks.

The scary thing is if they do nothing and Boudreau finds a way to energize and develop the Dogs and or Barrie gets it together, you could find yourself fighting for the playoffs again.

BOTTOM LINE you need a goalie who can take the number of shots ou guys give up in a game,
Best player is 43rd in league points while being a 2 way guy- that’s pretty good considering this team has had its offensive struggles at times lol. What’s his ppg rank?He has missed a bunch of games from the start of the year and then the wjc camp.

Obviously they’re not trading 17year olds who are point a game players use your head beast.

Also if you watched any games this year it’s not about shots given up it’s about in close shots and quality of shots given up- they leave vaccari out high and dry every game.

Me personally I’m hoping for ludwinski to be traded for a young player 06 or 07 or if they don’t do that shop him for picks. That’s trade 1.

Second trade bring in an 05, 06 d man that will be impact this year and next and maybe the year after. (Christoforo would be nice on Windsor but I think he’s definitely safe on the team there lol)

Third trade pick up a backup goalie who can play more than 2 games in half a season lol as vaccari was clearly fatigued from playing so much.

4th move isn’t a trade but waive callens and play cavallin more as he’s way younger lol. I’d rather have a younger guy playing 4th line minutes as opposed to an overage winger.

It looks like we will have an extra goalie once Vondras returns from WJ championships. Ludwinski is a player that could help our team, not sure what that trade would look like?
I like your thinking. Yeah never made sense to me about why you picked up vandenberg. I could see fronts going after krawchuck or him. Definitely not vondras as we are not giving up hemstrom or Chromiak obviously

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
@beastintheeast ludwinski has a 1.19ppg average while playing a great 200 foot game on a struggling kingston team. To put into perspective your boy Pinelli has a 1.06 while playing horrible defence. You don’t think ludwinski will be very valuable lol?

Ludwinski if he played a full season at this pace would have 81 points on a bad kingston team. Imagine if he was on a team like London? Can guarantee that number would only go up

Just searched it up among the top 50 point getters this year so far he is #27th. (Owen beck is #26 with 0.01 percent higher.) not bad for a 200foot player.

GoFronts

Sep 2, 2019

Lineup tonight, from what I can tell this is probably our healthiest lineup?

Hearing Hemstrom is just jet lagged lol, so at least it isn't an injury. Just waiting on Holmes to come back from his surgery and we'll be set. Hopefully nobody gets injured, fingers crossed

leafs4life94

Jan 15, 2014
Healthiest in a while that’s for sure. Still missing Holmes? I was told it was just a minor surgery- but he’s not back yet? Maybe it’s serious?
Yeah I somehow completely missed Holmes and Hemstrom - have to assume McNamara to 3LW, Thibodeau to 3RW and Cavallin out with Hemstrom at 2 RW.

Then on D Williamson out, Uens to 3RD with Holmes 1RD.

That's a good looking squad but still far from a true contender IMO

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Yeah I somehow completely missed Holmes and Hemstrom - have to assume McNamara to 3LW, Thibodeau to 3RW and Cavallin out with Hemstrom at 2 RW.

Then on D Williamson out, Uens to 3RD with Holmes 1RD.

That's a good looking squad but still far from a true contender IMO
I agree and those lines are bang on I see it like that for sure. They’ve always had a fairly good team on paper this year just the problem is inconsistency and injuries. If they can sort that out I’m sure they can surprise lots of people here in the second half.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
What a game that was. Definitely gotta keep the lines the same for the next game. Dominated the Pete’s start to finish.

Also Chromiak 5 points in the first game back since being the Slovakian snub on the wjc team. What a game he had and same with Schmidt and the rest of the guys

Reactions: ottsabrefan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad