Kingston Frontenacs 2023-24 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ktownfan

Apr 28, 2022
Re: Pieniniemi - I would hope they did their homework on him before making the Chromiak trade, and they realized that he's not coming over this year so they pulled the trigger. If he does come over this year they're in a tough spot - I think they could get a decent haul for Hemstrom, but I'm not sure what contending teams are looking for an import.

I've noticed that with Ludwinski - the body language really stood out when Bergeron scored his first goal. He was wide open and would've scored if Bergeron had passed - but after Bergeron scored it seemed like everyone else on the ice was more excited than him.
Hate to say it, but he isn't a leader for us. His body language screams selfishness, not frustration. He has talent, but there were many who felt he wasn't the leader needed for this group. Having said that, I'm not sure who would be. I liked Budnick,

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Hate to say it, but he isn't a leader for us. His body language screams selfishness, not frustration. He has talent, but there were many who felt he wasn't the leader needed for this group. Having said that, I'm not sure who would be. I liked Budnick,
Do we watch the same games?! LOL insane to say he isn’t a leader. Guy does it all for us and is leading us in points too there’s a reason why he went to the wjc camp. Also constantly smiling and telling the boys let’s go and all that I see it all behind the bench. Guy is a great captain.

Assuming they trade him after Christmas I’d assume burns is the next captain. He’s an alright leader not like ludwinski he just needs to tighten up on the dumb penalties and he’s fine.

zaluty

May 30, 2007
Kingston
Right now the number 1 trade target is Beck. I hope Kingston waits until Beck is traded and the teams that miss out on him will circle back to Ludwinski. Might get a couple of extra picks or another body added to the mix.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Right now the number 1 trade target is Beck. I hope Kingston waits until Beck is traded and the teams that miss out on him will circle back to Ludwinski. Might get a couple of extra picks or another body added to the mix.
I believe you’re 100% correct. Guarantee some talks are going on right now just hopefully they don’t pull the trigger early

leafs4life94

Jan 15, 2014
When was the last time Kingston had someone unexpected commit when they had an NCAA commitment? I was looking at some of their picks from last year and Matthew Manza and Kieren Dervin are both having very solid years, Manza especially, but both have NCAA commitments.

Is there any chance at all either of them come to Kingston?

Truthking

Mar 27, 2016
When was the last time Kingston had someone unexpected commit when they had an NCAA commitment? I was looking at some of their picks from last year and Matthew Manza and Kieren Dervin are both having very solid years, Manza especially, but both have NCAA commitments.

I remember foegele coming over mid season. I feel like most of the guys they’ve got in the past it was because they were struggling with lack of ice time and weren’t happy so they left school. I can’t see a kid that is doing well all of a sudden wanting to leave.

Reactions: frontsfan67

Logosarejusttargets

Jan 3, 2023

Do we watch the same games?! LOL insane to say he isn’t a leader. Guy does it all for us and is leading us in points too there’s a reason why he went to the wjc camp. Also constantly smiling and telling the boys let’s go and all that I see it all behind the bench. Guy is a great captain.

Assuming they trade him after Christmas I’d assume burns is the next captain. He’s an alright leader not like ludwinski he just needs to tighten up on the dumb penalties and he’s fine.
I am not sure leading in points and "constantly" smiling is what defines a leader. There are things that are said/done in the room, at practice, off ice that go into what being a great leader is all about. He is high energy and ready to play - doesn't mean he necessarily is a great leader. Burns steps up for his teammates (again sometimes not at good times), he also plays his heart out, often playing hurt and the guys on the team love him on and off the ice.

ktownfan

Apr 28, 2022

I am not sure leading in points and "constantly" smiling is what defines a leader. There are things that are said/done in the room, at practice, off ice that go into what being a great leader is all about. He is high energy and ready to play - doesn't mean he necessarily is a great leader. Burns steps up for his teammates (again sometimes not at good times), he also plays his heart out, often playing hurt and the guys on the team love him on and off the ice.
Wellsaid, players can tell a fake when they see it. Team functions, helping out teammates, being happy when they score their first goal when you were wide open, etc is what the boys notice.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022

Maybe warren Foegele? Not sure if anyone has come after him but I remember he was an amazing add

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022

Leading on and off the ice. Do you see what goes on off the ice? Because as his on ice stuff goes he’s great. He doesn’t drop the gloves as the best player on the team doesn’t usually do that due to injury risk lol.

Which is why Shane wright never fought. Some people in kingston weren’t a fan of the kid but from my personal experiences with the guy he seemed very professional and a good kid. Probably why he got team Canada captain honours.

Burns would be a good captain you’re right- which is why I said he would probably be the one after ludwinski. Would make sense hypothetically if they were to trade ludwinski mid season here they could appoint him as the captain and then for the full season next year too before he moves on to the ahl/nhl

Wolf on a Wire

Sep 18, 2022
Ottawa says, “Thank you for Ludwinski.” Anytime you wanna ship him here, it would be appreciated.
Why go East when the North is the place to be! Wolf on a Wire. $5 beer. 8 NHL signed or drafted players. Delly and Dally. Vondy and Vandy. Howler. Best jersey’s in CHL history (when I look at our jersey I don’t wanna rush to the nearest barber shop). An owner that cares and sh ales everyone’ hand at home games

Handcuffhockey

Nov 12, 2022
I think teams make big mistakes when choosing captains from my experience. Shane was made captain in a room where older players may not have accepted that move. He was too young and had too much pressure. When you reward the highest potential point getter and the highest potential draft pick over true leadership skills, that will kill the room. There have been rumours that both Shane and Ludwinki have lost the room at times because personal performance took a front line to team success.

A great captain starts with a humble attitude, with a relentless compete level. It’s never an individual game for them, it’s always team first. It’s a person who has the unwavering respect of his team. You also want the leader to be an older player in my opinion, this way they have both young and older players in their reach. In Ludwinski’s case he needed to wait until Kingston traded Shane, but Hache was to me the obvious pick at the time.

As others have mentioned in a round about way, pouting because you didn’t get the point on the play doesn’t give your team mates a warm and fuzzy feeling. This really isn’t a knock on those guys, they are incredible players, I just think teams who have that ‘all in‘ captain, get the benefits that other teams lose out on.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Ottawa says, “Thank you for Ludwinski.” Anytime you wanna ship him here, it would be appreciated.
Oh man that would sting seeing him in a 67s jersey I think he would look a lot better in gold black and white ;)

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
I think teams make big mistakes when choosing captains from my experience. Shane was made captain in a room where older players may not have accepted that move. He was too young and had too much pressure. When you reward the highest potential point getter and the highest potential draft pick over true leadership skills, that will kill the room. There have been rumours that both Shane and Ludwinki have lost the room at times because personal performance took a front line to team success.

A great captain starts with a humble attitude, with a relentless compete level. It’s never an individual game for them, it’s always team first. It’s a person who has the unwavering respect of his team. You also want the leader to be an older player in my opinion, this way they have both young and older players in their reach. In Ludwinski’s case he needed to wait until Kingston traded Shane, but Hache was to me the obvious pick at the time.

As others have mentioned in a round about way, pouting because you didn’t get the point on the play doesn’t give your team mates a warm and fuzzy feeling. This really isn’t a knock on those guys, they are incredible players, I just think teams who have that ‘all in‘ captain, get the benefits that other teams lose out on.
Hache was the obvious pick you’re right but they must’ve known he was going to be gone as they ended up trading him and that’s why they moved it to the next guy.

Imo they should’ve kept the A’s on the jersey after wright left for the end of last season and whoever impressed them the most post wright era gets the C

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022

Btw Bruno Luciano is on that same Toronto Patriots team. 13th round pick by kingston in 2022. 20pts in 15 games. He’s committed to Clarkson University in Potsdam NY. He would play more probably at clarkson but I wonder if the fronts could pull him away from there

leafs4life94

Jan 15, 2014
Btw Bruno Luciano is on that same Toronto Patriots team. 13th round pick by kingston in 2022. 20pts in 15 games. He’s committed to Clarkson University in Potsdam NY. He would play more probably at clarkson but I wonder if the fronts could pull him away from there
Dang he hit a growth spurt - his draft height was 5'4.5", now listed at 5'9". I remember almost writing him off only because of his height but looking back that's was just dumb...

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Why go East when the North is the place to be! Wolf on a Wire. $5 beer. 8 NHL signed or drafted players. Delly and Dally. Vondy and Vandy. Howler. Best jersey’s in CHL history (when I look at our jersey I don’t wanna rush to the nearest barber shop). An owner that cares and sh ales everyone’ hand at home games

Pft…. Why pay $5 for a beer when you can pay $12? $5 beers are so 20th Century….

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
Callens OA 1 Holmes OA 2 Schmidt OA 3.

Also not in love with callens lmao however the reality is they still have him so the facts are the facts. They don’t have a spot for an OA at this time. If they were going to trade callens I’m sure they would’ve done it by now.
It may not be a case of trading callens . If they can get an OA that fills a necessary hole, then they may need to release him.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
Dang he hit a growth spurt - his draft height was 5'4.5", now listed at 5'9". I remember almost writing him off only because of his height but looking back that's was just dumb...
The problem would be convincing his advisor that Kingston has a better development and Guarantees the same Ciau deal as he would get at Clarkson.

The thing is, he committed before the OHL draft, so the team did not matter. The other point is a 5'9 rw is not NHL material; therefore, they may be looking at the degree that he would get.

Logosarejusttargets

Jan 3, 2023
The problem would be convincing his advisor that Kingston has a better development and Guarantees the same Ciau deal as he would get at Clarkson.

The thing is, he committed before the OHL draft, so the team did not matter. The other point is a 5'9 rw is not NHL material; therefore, they may be looking at the degree that he would get.
Actually he just committed this fall and has been at 2 Fronts training camps. He is highly skilled, but the one thing I got when I saw him was how small he is, even on skates in equipment.

Logosarejusttargets

Jan 3, 2023
Leading on and off the ice. Do you see what goes on off the ice? Because as his on ice stuff goes he’s great. He doesn’t drop the gloves as the best player on the team doesn’t usually do that due to injury risk lol.

Which is why Shane wright never fought. Some people in kingston weren’t a fan of the kid but from my personal experiences with the guy he seemed very professional and a good kid. Probably why he got team Canada captain honours.

Burns would be a good captain you’re right- which is why I said he would probably be the one after ludwinski. Would make sense hypothetically if they were to trade ludwinski mid season here they could appoint him as the captain and then for the full season next year too before he moves on to the ahl/nhl
Being the best player on a team shouldn't mean you are the captain -- that shouldn't be the criteria. Often it ends up being the best or close to the best guy - simply because that best guy is committed, dedicated, loyal and a team guy. I don't for a second believe that Paul isnt super skilled, works his ass off and gives it his all each game - but that's also not to say that he is considered selfish or self-centred by others. He's very good to the fans off the ice - he's learning to be a good professional.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad