GDT: Kings vs Oilers: Game 40 7pts out of a playoff spot 19:30 start

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Juke box of the game

Sweet - The Ballroom Blitz (Official Video)
Lenny Kravitz - Are You Gonna Go My Way
George Thorogood - Who Do You Love? - 7/5/1984 - Capitol Theatre (Official)

cut.jpg

New Year and lets get the rally caps on for this baby
Radio https://globalnews.ca/radio/630ched/player/?gref=630ched&cmpid=sidebar-radio#/
TV: SNW and NBCSN
Previews: Los Angeles Kings - Edmonton Oilers - January 2nd, 2018
Lowetide.ca | G40 2017-18: Kings at Oilers
Oilers host Kings, aim to end skid
Sportsnet.ca Live Tracker

Will add the line up when official

Last edited:

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
We are undefeated in 2018! Lets not break that streak tonight!

Davidson is in and Benning sits according to Matheson. So yay to that.
Auvitu may be playing forward and running with the option to move him to D to replace a D who may get benched for poor play. Not a huge fan of 7D 11F lineups even though its been a bit trendy this year with some coaches.

I will be back in my seats for the game tonight, hopefully I get to see a win because I am sick and tired of leaving the games pissed off at yet another poor performance and lack of effort.

Reactions: LemmyUlanov55

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I just about forgot, I removed the curses on the Oilers with a blend of frogs bones, Johnny Holdout tears, and a broken Doughty stick burnt over smouldering Kings and Flames jerseys.

Tonight:
We will not be scored on with the first shot of the game.
The PK will be .750
Talbot will have a SP% greater than .920%
No LA Kings mired in year long slumps will get a goal.
The PP will get at least 1 goal.

Just. Win.

Reactions: Burnoutboi

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
We are undefeated in 2018! Lets not break that streak tonight!

Davidson is in and Benning sits according to Matheson. So yay to that.
Auvitu may be playing forward and running with the option to move him to D to replace a D who may get benched for poor play. Not a huge fan of 7D 11F lineups even though its been a bit trendy this year with some coaches.

I will be back in my seats for the game tonight, hopefully I get to see a win because I am sick and tired of leaving the games pissed off at yet another poor performance and lack of effort.

Or winless :sarcasm:

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Go Oilers.

Need a reset from the Xmas holiday loses. Winning and playing well starts today and just doesn't stop. Full team as healthy as you can hope, make these games count.

Canada Drai

Dwemer Remix
Oct 4, 2017
Yep. My computer broke down, so I can't change it back for some time. Am I know banned from hfOil for sporting JDD as avatar? :laugh:

Permanent ban incoming.

On a lighter note, I LOVED JDD. I thought he was gonna be our #1. He made so many flashy saves and I thought he could just tighten up ala Dubnyk the last couple of years. Too bad.

Reactions: LemmyUlanov55

LemmyUlanov55

4th line grinder
Apr 3, 2016
On a lighter note, I LOVED JDD. I thought he was gonna be our #1. He made so many flashy saves and I thought he could just tighten up ala Dubnyk the last couple of years. Too bad.
Ha, same here. Thought of him as a future #1 in the Oilers net, too bad how things ended up for him. Just figured he played a year in the DEL not far from here, who would've thought..

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Permanent ban incoming.

I am shocked JDD is out of hockey--but the guys I talked to said given a choice between family and playing in Europe--he took family

Todd from Leduc

Connor “The Next Great One” McDavid
Nov 15, 2017
Leduc
I hope Connor's Crüe comes out with fresh swagger, new year new chance to get back on track and start winning our cups.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
The good news is the Kings have been going through one of their trouble scoring goals phases. Especially in early periods. In the 3rd periods however the Kings have been dominant this season.

Doughty has run the range of looking Norris to looking bad. He's overplaying the puck this season and making more mistakes trying to make fancy plays instead of smart plays.

Like I said in another thread Oilers should bump Quick a few times. Nothing overt enough to get a penalty but maybe touching a skate or that kind of thing. It drives Quick crazy.

Oilers need to show up in this one.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Talbot will outplay Quick in this one. Mark it down. In Talbot we trust. Seriously.

That said Oilers need numbers back tonight, puck support, and players picking up their coverages. Kings work a lot of set plays that will catch teams not looking out for them. Kings even nearly scored off a direct shot faceoff in their last game. I wonder if any of our coaching staff are noting such tendencies/set play tricks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad