Pre-Game Talk: Kings in Ottawa, Tues. 7:30 pm on TSN/RDS

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
OK, so because Karlsson lead the NHL in blocked shots for most of last season, we should play him as a goaltender...... it's literally never been done before. Maybe he'll blossom as a 40 win 'keeper? You'll never know unless you try it.

I don't know how we haven't tried this before!

Clearly we need to fire all the coaches and have the org hire the two of us to run the team.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
If he's healthy, we should try playing Borowiecki as a forward.

It's literally never been done before. Maybe he'll blossom as a 25-goal winger on the first line? You'll never know unless you try it.

I said the same about Corvo... sadly the day never came even though we were teased with it once.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Burrows is the best player we have at standing in front of the net hands down imo. He stands exactly where he needs to be and doesn't bail out like so many others do. He ain't scared of no pucks or sticks to the back.

Reactions: Xspyrit and aragorn

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
Oh come on. Burrows has been quite good this year, IMO.

Yes, we traded too much to get him, but that doesn't mean he's terrible. He can be both playing at an acceptable level AND have been part of a bad trade. The two aren't mutually exclusive.

I'm not basing his performance on what we traded him for. I could care less, that's in the past.
All I'm saying is that based on my viewings he should be nowhere near the top-6.
I hope he can prove me wrong though.

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
But Burrows has like 12 years experience so he gets the shot over Brown, even though Brown is the more talented player.
But yeah, Burrows is just an okay player who should be bottom 6 forward where Brown is the opposite but coach doesn't care.

I'm sure Boucher isn't that hard headed. Trying Brown for a period or two on that line is no brainer IMO.
I find it hard to believe that doing so would be negative in any way.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
I'm not basing his performance on what we traded him for. I could care less, that's in the past.
All I'm saying is that based on my viewings he should be nowhere near the top-6.
There is no "Top 6". The Sens roll their forward quite evenly

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015

So who would you move up to fill in the spot in the top 6, instead of Burrows?

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Damn, just checked out the LAK game thread. There is a good number of passive aggressive posts about Karlsson. Looks like they are still sour about him winning the Norris.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Our Dzone / Breakouts will be put to the test tonight imo. Both Burrows and Thompson describe the Kings as playing a "meat and potatoes" , "heavy" game which they do .. they have some big bodies , play a good board game, and they jam the front of the net.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Damn, just checked out the LAK game thread. There is a good number of passive aggressive posts about Karlsson. Looks like they are still sour about him winning the Norris.

They're probably the saltiest fan base with everything Karlsson.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
22688452_1475499265820865_7178085686366917820_n.jpg

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005

Didn’t see any in their GDT, all I saw was EK had more points in head to head matches.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad