Pre-Game Talk: Kings in Ottawa, Tues. 7:30 pm on TSN/RDS

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
McCormick had a brutal camp but if we're gonna have a warm body to just play 4 minutes a game, might as well be him. Let Chlapik settle into the AHL for a stint then call him up. He'll get his shot at some point this year.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I thought he had a very good game against Vancouver (the first game) a pretty good game against NJD, and the rest were merely ok games (neither bad or particularly good). Nothing wrong with that.

Pretty much, though I thought he was very good during the entire 3-game sweep against Western Canada, not just the Vancouver game.

If that's the way "our worst forward" is playing, then that has to be a best-case scenario for us.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
Oh come on. Burrows has been quite good this year, IMO.

Yes, we traded too much to get him, but that doesn't mean he's terrible. He can be both playing at an acceptable level AND have been part of a bad trade. The two aren't mutually exclusive.

I can't believe this has to be said again... :huh:
At some point that logic will be use.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
He wasn't good enough to make our bottom six. All our lines play the exact same system. Just because we have a hole in the bottom six doesn't mean we have to call up a bad player with old-time hockey bottom six traits.
Ok........... then are you advocating just leaving the roster spot open, and play the game with 10 forwards, and 7 D men ................. even though the NHL rules require teams to fill roster vacant roster spots when players are injured?

Oct 10, 2010
Brown should be the one playing with Brass and Stone...not Burrows who has probably been our worst forward.
But Burrows has like 12 years experience so he gets the shot over Brown, even though Brown is the more talented player.
But yeah, Burrows is just an okay player who should be bottom 6 forward where Brown is the opposite but coach doesn't care.

Oct 10, 2010
If he's healthy, we should try playing Borowiecki as a forward.

It's literally never been done before. Maybe he'll blossom as a 25-goal winger on the first line? You'll never know unless you try it.
Nah, we know for sure - Don't need to try to figure that one out haha

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

It's literally never been done before. Maybe he'll blossom as a 25-goal winger on the first line? You'll never know unless you try it.

Dave Cameron in da House
I'd only agree to something like this if they bench Hoffman.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015

OK, so because Karlsson lead the NHL in blocked shots for most of last season, we should play him as a goaltender...... it's literally never been done before. Maybe he'll blossom as a 40 win 'keeper? You'll never know unless you try it.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
OK, so because Karlsson lead the NHL in blocked shots for most of last season, we should play him as a goaltender...... it's literally never been done before. Maybe he'll blossom as a 40 win 'keeper? You'll never know unless you try it.

Funny enough, I think EK started playing hockey as a goaltender.. I saw an image of that on his instagram and he says : " my first Professional photo ever as a hockey player''

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Funny, enough i think EK started playing hockey as a goaltender.. I saw an image of that on his instagram. At least he had a goalie stock
That's true it was floating around last year
cut.jpg

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Thought he had a strong training camp, and has apparently been one of the better forwards in Bingo when considering the role he's likely to play.

Not sure why this call-up would be surprising. Also, technically, Dido was the first call-up, though McCormick's suspension made the choice easy.

Having read enough Belleville game summaries and recaps, the conclusion that I have come to is that Randy Lee and the org really wants this guy to succeed. McCormick is getting first PP time and a TON of ice time, even though his skill set is that of a bottom 6 forward. So, this is definitely expected. Randy Lee and PD LOVE their "old-school" hockey pluggers.

Boucher said today that he doesn't pay attention to what happens on the farm, its up to management to decide on the call up, and management thinks he deserves it the most. Funny, after his boneheaded play that resulted in him being suspended, he gets rewarded.

He is here to sit in the pressbox, so its fine that he is the callup, but this team does not need anymore of what he brings, we already have too many guys who are supposed to fill that role.

Here is part of a game recap by someone who watches every baby Sens game and has a good handle on the prospects in Belleville:

Max McCormick: the org sensation scored–shorthanded naturally, as he still looks like a fish out of water on the powerplay; technically he did score on the PP, but it was banged in with a high stick; defensively there were some issues–surrendering a 2-on-1, passing to the wrong team in his own zone (Syracuse missed the net), and taking a dumb penalty while already shorthanded. He is what he is–a grinder who can chip in–but he gets far more ice time than is warranted

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
I think Guy likes to go 11-7 because they block so many shots
1st in the league so far at 151 in 8 games followed by ST Louis 148 in 9 g, Pitts 139 in 9,CHI 133 in 9 and PHI 132 in 8g
The likelihood a D gets rattled by a shot is real high

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I think Guy likes to go 11-7 because they block so many shots
1st in the league so far at 151 in 8 games followed by ST Louis 148 in 9 g, Pitts 139 in 9,CHI 133 in 9 and PHI 132 in 8g
The likelihood a D gets rattled by a shot is real high

It's also the reason why our advanced stats look so terrible.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Should be a good game tonight. They played last night so we could have freshness on our side. Think Kuemper will get the start in the back to back too. I think we win 3-1.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00