Confirmed with Link: Kings have traded Jonathan Quick to #CBJ as part of a deal that will send back Joonas Korpisalo.

kingskring

Dec 3, 2012

This is why im not buying this reporting until a local kings reporters confirms it.

Those two tweets dont jive together

Reactions: Faterson

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Strange look, right after the feel goods of Brown's big night.

Quick just can't go anymore. Surprised CBJ would take him in return to be honest.

It is going to be very interesting to see if this has any temporary lull on the team. Can't afford to give up many points in this run in.

That being said, Korpisalo is an improvement, and Gavrikov is sturdier than the other defensemen. He can absorb the physicality that the boys tonight struggled with all night.

Of course, giving up two firsts in a row without having even a round won under your belts is strictly amateur hour.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Hey guys guess which one is Petersen and which one is Korpisalo? These are their lifetime numbers.

petersen-korpisalo.png

Here are their last two seasons:

petersen-korpisalo-2.png

• Haha
Reactions: JKG33

KingsofLA

Jan 21, 2020
Blake is an idiot for trading Quick. And Blake also traded for the softest Stay at home dmen on the market and gave up 1st rounder who is only signed for two months and a goalie who last season had a gaa of over 4 goals per game. wtf

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
F this! What a disgrace Blake is. He never should have been welcomed back in the organization with the crap he pulled in 2000/2001.

The bum who ripped off his C and demanded a trade because he was offered $8m instead of $8.5m is allowed back in the fold to trade the player most responsible for the team ending its championship drought, and to the worst team in the league with 20 games left in his career.

This is so disrespectful and pathetic. I can't wait until Blake and Robitaille are gone.
lol, dramatics cranked to 10.

Reactions: SlimCharles

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Is it really for the 2023 first? I thought he said they weren't going to move it, especially for the ARZ deal. That was a big sticking point from what i've read.

Reactions: dman3474

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
A 1st round pick for a couple of mediocre pending UFA's is already a bad move.

Insulting a franchise hero at the same time just makes it worse.

I understand this is a business, and I understand the Kings were in a tough spot, but this is not a move I would have made.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Wow just wow. Can't say I would've ever seen this coming. And if its true that Quick that didn't see this coming, then I think its a little bit messed up considering he did that for Carter.

This seems really short sighted for Blake and doesn't seem like him. A 1st and Quick for Gavrikov and Korpisalo? I mean Gavrikov is certainly an upgrade over what we have, Korpisalo is arguably better than Copley. But not having an extension in place for Gavrikov makes me nervous that its Sekera 2.0.

I think my biggest concern is what this will do to the room. Kopi and Drew and the rest of the guys can't be happy with this.

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
Korpisalo is between 8-10 goals saved above expected by public models. It’s Gavrikov I’m most worried about.

The level of difference this deal makes could’ve waited until the summer. This just isn’t worth Quick moving 20 games before retirement.

Reactions: Kings Fan 77

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad