Confirmed with Link: Kings have traded Jonathan Quick to #CBJ as part of a deal that will send back Joonas Korpisalo.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI

F this! What a disgrace Blake is. He never should have been welcomed back in the organization with the crap he pulled in 2000/2001.

The bum who ripped off his C and demanded a trade because he was offered $8m instead of $8.5m is allowed back in the fold to trade the player most responsible for the team ending its championship drought, and to the worst team in the league with 20 games left in his career.

This is so disrespectful and pathetic. I can't wait until Blake and Robitaille are gone.

kingskring

Dec 3, 2012
Hoven usually throws softballs to Blake in interviews but he better f***ing roast him for doing this to Quick without him knowing beforehand if that is the truth.
If its true. Which i doubt.

The local media would have noticed the lockerroom being off after tonight’s win.

Ryan120420

Dec 2, 2010
What happens if Quick refuses to report to CBJ?

Is there any kind of penalty cap wise for the Kings?

The Butcher

Mammoth Mooseknuckles Hockey
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2011
Mammoth Lakes
I remember when Deano traded Lubo like 2 weeks after singing him. Lubo said he was blindsided and I always thought it was a dick move.

• Love
Reactions: Faterson

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Well everybody wanted Blake to do something and stop coddling the cup core, and he definitely did that.

Everyone's been dreading every time Quick started a game for months now. I mean of course it sucks but I don't know what anyone expected from this situation. They had to get a goalie and a LHD and Quick wasn't going to play as a third guy. This team can win games and compete is it the right thing to just throw the season down the shitter?

Now if it's true they didn't tell Quick beforehand then it's a problem but I don't have a problem with trading for an LHD and a goalie.

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia

This year's f***ing 1st? For rentals?
B9IVNrs.gif

LAKings88

Fire BLuc
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
I’m shocked.

Quick was given multiple chances to regain form and it wasn’t happening.

No chance he goes down to the AHL and money had to go back. No one takes Petersen.

Shitty situation but something had to give. Hope it doesn’t fook with chemistry too much.

Thanks for the memories JQ32.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
if this isn't coming with a gavrikov extension, holy f*** why would you burn that bridge blake?

What bridge? Quick is one of my all-time favorites, but he was done. Would you rather have a sentimental GM or one that wants to win and looks toward the future?

That's a tough question, to be honest. Not sure if I know the answer right now.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
I've said it many times if one of our 4 legends wear another jersey I will cry like a little girl. If true it will be a sad day for me for awhile. I know it's all part of the business but just wishing all four can end up Kings forever. :cry:

Maynard

Veteran of Forum Wars
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2003
Orange County
This is f***ing bananas. It’s crazy if Quick wasn’t involved in the decision. Blake has publicly talked about respecting the old core and letting them be involved in where they end up. I think it was when Carter was traded. I hope that part isn’t true.

Last edited:
Reactions: David Lunch

Ryan120420

Dec 2, 2010
This is f***ing bananas. It’s crazy if Quick wasn’t involved in the decision. Blake has publicly talked about respecting the old core and letting be involved in where they end up. I think it was when Carter was traded. I hope that part is t true.

At least with Carter, Blake sent him to a Playoff team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad