Confirmed with Link: Kings have traded Jonathan Quick to #CBJ as part of a deal that will send back Joonas Korpisalo.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
I actually cannot believe we’re moving Quick. I feel like I assumed he’d retire a King at the end of this season. I know logically this is what you do but emotionally it doesn’t feel right.

I wonder how Kopi and Doughty are gonna feel.
I doubt this is out of left-field. Blake would have obviously have had a talk about it with JQ. And JQ is his own biggest critic.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
This had to be done but trading for a UFA goalie with his previous stats gives me some hangups. Like is he gonna get a contract and we wind up with another Cal?

Seattle King

Aug 19, 2022
This had to be done but trading for a UFA goalie with his previous stats gives me some hangups. Like is he gonna get a contract and we wind up with another Cal?
This will be in effect a lengthy tryout for Korpisalo where he will get as many games as he can for as far as he can take us.
If the organization liked him and was thinking of pursuing him as a UFA this summer anyway, this is a great move, depending on the cost.

Nasti

Jan 30, 2006
Long Beach, CA
Most shocking Kings trade I can remember. Guess I was wrong about management not touching the cup winners. It’s been really depressing watching Quick this year.

Reactions: Jungle Boy

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Canucks fan here, seems really f***ed up if Jonathan Quick was traded without being asked, I always thought he would retire a king, an absolute legend in la, and a fantastic goalie over his career.

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels

giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad