Confirmed with Link: Kings have traded Jonathan Quick to #CBJ as part of a deal that will send back Joonas Korpisalo.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
What bridge? Quick is one of my all-time favorites, but he was done. Would you rather have a sentimental GM or one that wants to win and looks toward the future?

That's a tough question, to be honest. Not sure if I know the answer right now.
he's absolutely done. but if gavrikov isn't extending here, you're shipping a potentially valuable 1st for a month and change of a decent defenseman and pheonix copley reincarnate

that's not looking to the future in my opinion

Reactions: David Lunch

crassbonanza

Fire Luc
Sep 28, 2017
What bridge? Quick is one of my all-time favorites, but he was done. Would you rather have a sentimental GM or one that wants to win and looks toward the future?

Quick has put up an .876 with a 3.50 GAA this year, last year Korpisalo put up an .877 with a 4.15 GAA. If you are going to be ruthless and cutthroat at least do it for actual talent.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA

If the Kings came into the season with anyone who could stop the biscuit they'd be leading the West by a couple points at least. I get why someone would do this, but again, they better be sure Korpisalo doesn't suck and then there's the issue of giving him a contract.

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
he's absolutely done. but if gavrikov isn't extending here, you're shipping a potentially valuable 1st for a month and change of a decent defenseman and pheonix copley reincarnate

Gavrikov already said he's going to free agency which is why Edmonton didn't want him apparently. Is Blake going to overpay to keep him?

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
todd-mclellan.jpg

rob-blake-optimized_53f63e05d0eb4.jpg

Never forget

Reactions: Faterson

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah

There’s no extension in the trade via Twitter

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Well, that was an option. Kings needed help in net and Left D. It better be worth the price he paid.

Unceremoniously trades away a legend and a first for two rentals. Korpisalo's only 6 months younger than Petersen and Gavrikov is another LD. And now they will roll with:
Anderson-Doughty
Gavrikov-Roy
Edler-Durzi/Walker

Bjornfot will probably be sent down to the AHL at least until expanded rosters. Then he'll just ride the pine until there are multiple injuries, I'm sure.

Another first traded.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Even WITH an extension that's a terrible trade, Gavrikov isn't tour savior and Korpisalo is having a great season but he's just a sidegrade and a lottery ticket

This is a Dave Taylor special with a side of f*** the franchise legend over

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
I remember when Deano traded Lubo like 2 weeks after singing him. Lubo said he was blindsided and I always thought it was a dick move.
This is way worse, no offense to Visnovsky but he was nowhere close to Quick in importance to the organization, he was also still in the prime of his career and was traded from a bad team to a playoff contender. That was kind of a dick move, this is a slap in the face to a franchise legend.
This season's first and a franchise legend for rentals and pissing off the locker room

f***ing unreal

I don't even have the words, that's f***ing BRUTAL.

Wouldn't be surprised to see a collapse at this point and cough up a high first to columbus
There is no loyalty or decency at all with Bowlby, there never has been and never will be. If anyone doubted it after the disgrace in 2001, it was shown again in 2008 when he refused to be traded and then left again that summer for the team that offered him the most money.

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
Trading Quick is wild. I wish it was for better players than Korpisalo and Gavrikov who will probably be gone after the season.
The 2023 first being traded is not smart either.
Hope these two guys are better than I think they are.

Reactions: David Lunch

The Butcher

Mammoth Mooseknuckles Hockey
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2011
Mammoth Lakes
This is way worse, no offense to Visnovsky but he was nowhere close to Quick in importance to the organization, he was also still in the prime of his career and was traded from a bad team to a playoff contender. That was kind of a dick move, this is a slap in the face to a franchise legend.

There is no loyalty or decency at all with Bowlby, there never has been and never will be. If anyone doubted it after the disgrace in 2001, it was shown again in 2008 when he refused to be traded and then left again that summer for the team that offered him the most money.
Oh absolutely. Just made me think of it.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
This is a result of two stupid contracts with Cal and Walker. Quick and a first is the cover up for those mistakes.
yes... and giving up a 1st in this deep draft is not good - if neither of these guys extended, its a botched deal. I dont see how this moves the needle enough.. maybe he's not done.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad