Pre-Game Talk: Kings at Hawks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Gus is absolutely useless outside of the PP which is converting at 10% so yes you can say he’s completely useless at this point.

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
I just realized we are going to ice purely left handed defensemen. All six.

Gus obviously is an RD at this point, de Haan was fine on his off side (although his transition game goes from limited to downright bad) and I though Gilbert looked much better on his offside in the preseason. Even 4K was somewhat decent.

So we re not going to suffer but still I don't think I've seen a lineup with only left handed d before.

Reactions: AmericanDream

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
If Kane was to retire today, he would go down as the best American all-time..I don't even think it is debatable..Chelios, Modano and Lafontaine the other top 3...

I've got Chelios just ahead right now. Love LaFontaine but he just doesn't have the individual awards or the cups so I put Kane ahead of him. He passed Modano long ago.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
If Kane was to retire today, he would go down as the best American all-time..I don't even think it is debatable..Chelios, Modano and Lafontaine the other top 3...

Forgot about Lafontaine. A career cut short by concussions, he was a dynamic player and would give Kaner a run for his money for top American offensive player especially if you discount the shortened career. He had plenty of hockey left in him when he was forced to retire.

Last edited:
Reactions: AmericanDream

KWP

Aug 18, 2018
The Nearest Gin Joint
It is times like these that I wish I still enjoyed football, baseball or basketball.... oh well there always the Mexican Grand Prix later this afternoon.

Yeah, I'm one sport now, too.
And weird the Mex Gran Prix ... other night looking for something to view on YT (no tv over a decade, no "sports radio" the same), stumbled onto a Crime In Sports channel, turns out at least 2 well known drivers (and teams) funded their ops w/ drug smuggling profits. One even won Indy 500 rookie of the year. Another, 24 hours of LeMans & Daytona.

Turns out there's a strong psychological correlation between racing & drug running, as it applies to risk taking. Who knew? ;-) (Tho I never put 2 & 2 together - always been a slow driver myself, me high risk even at low speed. )

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
LaFontaine was so good. Career ended way too early.
him and Kane are definitely the most skilled US players of all-time..Chelios was a warrior who has longevity...Modano transformed his game into a more defensive role to win...if he doesn't do that he might have been right there with Kane and Lafontaine for ppg...

Reactions: Krivo25
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad