Pre-Game Talk: Kings at Hawks

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
It is times like these that I wish I still enjoyed football, baseball or basketball.... oh well there always the Mexican Grand Prix later this afternoon.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Seabs and Smith both scratched.
As far as I'm concerned smith shouldn't see the ice again. Keep him as the scratched forward from now on. Seabs needs the roszival role every other game being in the press box.
It's a start.

Reactions: BrianE

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Scratching Seabrook is gonna solve nothing, hes not gonna get any better, when you eat KFC and sit on a couch all summer long no amount of punishment will magically get you to perform well not matter how "motivated" you are. He will be back in and get lucky and score a goal, everyone will praise JC and then it will be business as usual.

Reactions: coolhand

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Scratching Seabrook is gonna solve nothing, hes not gonna get any better, when you eat KFC all summer long not amount of punishmnet will magically get you to perform well not matter how "motivated" you are. He will be back in magically get lucky and score a goal, everyone will praise JC and then it will be business as usual.

Uhhh, it’s going to solve getting him off the ice. Just about any other defenseman out there in place of him is an improvement.

It’s the first step. Next step is to knock his ice tome down to 12-15 minutes a game. No special teams play. And playing him 2 out of 3 games at the most and never back to back.

Reactions: clydesdale line

coolhand

Jan 20, 2016
Streamwood, IL
Scratching Seabrook is gonna solve nothing, hes not gonna get any better, when you eat KFC and sit on a couch all summer long no amount of punishment will magically get you to perform well not matter how "motivated" you are. He will be back in and get lucky and score a goal, everyone will praise JC and then it will be business as usual.
He doesn't have to be motivated, he'll get his money no matter what he does. His only motivation is pride in giving 100% and I'm not sure Seabs or the core in general really has that in them anymore here.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
The point is that Seabs is good for 1 or 2 egregious errors or simply gets beat on these or is screening OUR goalie and shots go through hom or deflect off him instead of blocking the shot and goals agaibst result..or the myriad failed clear attempts that never fet out ..or the too slow to get to a loose puck and then clears hoidvdmen CAN...this fiscal too much of a litanymof flaws that sitting g will not make better..But the point is that it should be addition of competence by subtraction of Seabrook on shift....plus Seabrook on with Toews on any shift is a disaster waiting to happen.. So you remove him to prevent all that bad stuff from ever happening it at least ever happening so often...

If Toews co tinues his own goofs orcslacks or simply lack of production THEN you sit him Next ...it hopefully wakes up Toews to have more positive impact on games ..but if this making it clear that incompetent pkay cannot be tolerated fails to inspire Toews to contribute better, then we can at least determinevif Toews has irvhas not fallen off the cliff lijecSeabs has ckearlyvdone..

We would in that case be faced with sitting all that $$$ down ...or playing it precisely to Tank for hioefulkyca lottery gamechanger.

Right now fans are hoping Toews notvover the cliff but just on the edge of falking over into an abyss...Seabrok already has z d he cannot ever climb back to the top of the cliff again..With Toews we are insure ..he might steady himself and not topple over...but he might be on his last solid ground with a chance to right himself ...we do not know ..but hopefully the warning by the "had to do it" to Seabs for the sake of the team's sanity and future performance with belief still intact that winning is possible...hopefully that warning about incomptent/negative production not being acceptable just because you were great In The Past,is enough tobget Toews going.....we shall find out.

KWP

Aug 18, 2018
The Nearest Gin Joint
Somebody gonna break a 2 game losing streak tonight. Hmmm ... which club will it be?

No more satisfaction derived than beating the LAKs (well, NSH, STL, BOS, ANA notwithstanding of course ;-).

We GOT this.
Let's DO this.
GO Hawks.

KWP

Aug 18, 2018
The Nearest Gin Joint
Seabrook out . All hail Zorp.

Will - and want to - say, Brent Seabrook will always be one of my all time Hawks.
We don't experience the TRUE gloriousness of Cup celebrations w/o his play & leadership.
The realities of pro sports tho ... this move the right one for sure. AINEC.

Reactions: pvr

MileHighHawksFan

When the going gets tough, Hawks fly together!
Jan 16, 2012
Denver, CO
I also think it's time to consider selling high on gustafsson now before he plays himself out of more trade value. He is a part of the problem on the blue line and we shouldn't be signing him to big money with boqvist knocking on the door. This would also serve as an early season shake up and shot across the bow of the team
I don’t think he gets paid like we thought he might. Why should he get paid more than Gardiner when Gardiner has a larger body of work. Maybe I’m wrong but I think jake and gus are good/fair comps

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Last time the Hawks scratched Seabrook, they won 8-2. I will never forget it. Day after my birthday. Best present ever. Thanks Q.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
If we play well does JC stick with this line up or flip flop back?

I don’t think this defense without Murphy is capable of playing well enough as a unit for Seabrook to be scratched a second straight game.

Kings are averaging like 38 shots a game, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad