Pre-Game Talk: Kings at Hawks

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
He scratched him but immediately said it’s just rest for the veteran. I am happy he’s sitting, but I don’t expect anything different. He’ll be right back in there.
he's not going to trash him, JC just isn't that type of coach..no matter what reason he says, we know why it was done..actions speak louder than words..and yes Seabs will get back in, but this is going to be happening more and more this season for him.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
He scratched him but immediately said it’s just rest for the veteran. I am happy he’s sitting, but I don’t expect anything different. He’ll be right back in there.

ya JC should have chosen his words much better IMO

JC's pressor two games ago was all about effort and that it was not the line combos but tied to effort...

he backtracked from that last night and stated something to the effect that was likely not the line combos

Last year he was steadfast and consistent with his messaging and that was good, he seems to have become a lot more inconsistent with his messaging this year which likely does not bode well for the team.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I won't list the underperformers to date but here are the players who for the most part have pulled their weight (in my view of course):
- Saad
- Nylander
- Dach
- Carpenter
- dH
- Maatta
- Lehner
- Kampf
- Kubalik

Borderline (but can or need to be better):
- Cags
- Murphy
- Shaw (perhaps)

Kinda sad that not a single top 6 player on the achiever list (with the exception of an 18-year-old rookie and Nylander if he's considered as top 6 but another rookie).

It's time to score some goals!

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
Coaches don’t scratch 7mil dollar players for extra rest this early in the regular season. Seabrook and JC used to play together so he’s not gonna chuck him under the bus but Seabrook isn’t that much of an idiot that he buys the media speak. He knows it’s perfomance related.

He probably will be right back in but him getting scratched this early in the season is a good sign and tells me it’s probably not gonna be the only one this year.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
"veteran rest" as if anyone believes that poop

At least with the hossa rest days all the years it was now known to be to give him days off out of his equipment due to his condition

Didn't know veterans suddenly needed game days off for rest playing only 11% of the season schedule so far. That's what days off of practice for, not games

Seabrook sucks, just come out and say he isn't playing well enough and the team is in a slump and time to shake things up

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Also, count me in as relatively impressed with how nylander has looked with the very limited ice time and linemates he has been given

Being. .5 ppg in what will be a true rookie season playing fourth line and getting 13 min or less in 5 of his 8 games ain't bad

Smells a lot like of the kind of talent bubbling with limited exposure much like strome was in Arizona. Not saying he's next in line for a similar breakout but even if nylander just manifests into a 50+ pt winger the trade was worth it IMO. I don't see joker turning into some stud, but rather a steady all around second pair guy

Reactions: Muffinalt

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Let's not pretend that the scratching of Seabs is a cure-all for what ails this team. To say Hawks D is still suspect is a vast understatement.
agreed..but this is how a coach takes a hold of his team..our core players need to know that unless they are giving 100% regardless of their contract or past success, they too will be held to the same standards as Perlini, 4K, Smith, Nylander, etc...

if Toews doesn't step up in the next game or two, JC has to do the same there as well..

Reactions: KennyWharramPeace

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Let's not pretend that the scratching of Seabs is a cure-all for what ails this team. To say Hawks D is still suspect is a vast understatement.
I also think it's time to consider selling high on gustafsson now before he plays himself out of more trade value. He is a part of the problem on the blue line and we shouldn't be signing him to big money with boqvist knocking on the door. This would also serve as an early season shake up and shot across the bow of the team

puterwiz53

Nov 17, 2010
Saint John, New Brunswick
Seabrook does play with effort but his play has gone south because of how slow he has become and mainly due to aall the punishment he has taken over the years. To say he sucks is totally wrong. He plays hard, he plays smart but cannot keep up anymore and there is why we see all his mistakes. You would think he would rather retire than make a fool of himself. Maybe he will come to his sense and retire realing he doesn't have it anymore and only looks foolish out there being far too slow for today's game.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Seabrook does play with effort but his play has gone south because of how slow he has become and mainly due to aall the punishment he has taken over the years. To say he sucks is totally wrong. He plays hard, he plays smart but cannot keep up anymore and there is why we see all his mistakes. You would think he would rather retire than make a fool of himself. Maybe he will come to his sense and retire realing he doesn't have it anymore and only looks foolish out there being far too slow for today's game.

His effort is actually pretty shitty. You can see it when he consistently stops skating 1-2 strides early on every play.

puterwiz53

Nov 17, 2010
Saint John, New Brunswick
It is simply because Seabs can longer handle today's game of speed and gets worn out so easily. It is time for him to hang up his skates and hopefully he soon realizes that. I would love to see him stay in the organization in a postion where he could work with the players. Maybe continually benching him will sink in with him and get him to retire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad