Confirmed with Link: Kings acquire rights to Erik Portillo for a 3rd round pick from the Buffalo Sabres

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Who said that?

1680968632250.png

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
At his age goalies, except for the obvious phenoms, are largely seen as malleable balls of clay that can be shaped and molded. They clearly like his tools and possibilities, but no way in hell is any scout watching this kid thinking he is close to the NHL.
Which is pretty much what every report I’ve seen/heard says. Big potential but work to do first in the AHL (I’m obviously paraphrasing).

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
Are you inferring that break dancing is a bad thing?

I break dance daily, it's excellent cardio
Yup, as we saw from Quick, if your moves are not lightning fast you and the team pay..
Portillo had a couple break dancing solos and Qpac did the booty wop into the net twice and beat him on the slow shoulder shake.

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
So, Portillo got his Reign ATO and didn't play and the Kings have not signed him.
I have a feeling if Portillo was epic in the frozen four and went on to lead them to the
national championship - instead of having a poor final game, they would have signed him
by now. Just a thought. I think he will still be signed, though. I saw his last few games and
that last one was not good.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
So, Portillo got his Reign ATO and didn't play and the Kings have not signed him.
I have a feeling if Portillo was epic in the frozen four and went on to lead them to the
national championship - instead of having a poor final game, they would have signed him
by now. Just a thought. I think he will still be signed, though. I saw his last few games and
They would have had to have really soured on him in the practices to not sign him after giving up what they did for him.

They watched him a lot this year, so they had to have seen something they liked.

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
Apparently Blake was mad at your post and did something to show you up

• Wow
Reactions: Peter James Bond II

JeanBlanc

Jul 8, 2009
SF Bay Area, CA
2023-02-01
Hockey Royalty: Why the LA Kings should acquire Erik Portillo

2023-07-28
LA Kings Insider: Camp To Camp – Erik Portillo
Between now and training camp, we’ll share the stories of several young prospects, who attended development camp in the summer and are approaching training camp in the fall with a variety of goals. This week’s story is about Erik Portillo, who joined the Kings organization at the trade deadline and will begin his professional career in the fall.

2023-09-12
Hockey Royalty: LA Kings Training Camp Preview: Erik Portillo

2023-12-18
LA Kings Insider: Erik Portillo’s Development Process & Strong Start With The Ontario Reign

Nice profile and description of how he's been developing.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
It's still an early sample size, but the Kings have to be happy with how Portillo has looked as a pro. Remember, he had no goaltending coach for his final 2 seasons in college due to the whole Steve Shields issue. He will always have some movement issues due to his size, but that size can be molded by a competent goaltending coach (which the Kings very clearly have).

I was skeptical how he would do against pro shooters, and maybe he will have issues clearing the AHL/NHL filter, but the Kings have to be optimistic that maybe he could be the backup goaltender next season.

Moses Doughty

Aug 19, 2008
It's still an early sample size, but the Kings have to be happy with how Portillo has looked as a pro. Remember, he had no goaltending coach for his final 2 seasons in college due to the whole Steve Shields issue. He will always have some movement issues due to his size, but that size can be molded by a competent goaltending coach (which the Kings very clearly have).

I was skeptical how he would do against pro shooters, and maybe he will have issues clearing the AHL/NHL filter, but the Kings have to be optimistic that maybe he could be the backup goaltender next season.
Can't remember where I saw this initially, but is it also true he's still getting a bit taller?

Reactions: Johnny Utah

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA

What’s the Steve Shields issue?

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
  • Wow
Reactions: lumbergh

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest