Confirmed with Link: Kings acquire forward Viktor Arvidsson in exchange for two draft picks

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Brown did not say it nor did I.
His 8 year contract expires after this season and in no way, should he get another year.
I even doubt he will play much of a role this year, or possibly not make it to the end of the year.

As several other posters have intimated and I agree with their assessments, he's pretty much done, as being an effective every day NHL player.
He did score goals, but most were in the first 2 months. There are about 7 players that should be gearing up to take his spot this year....and
surely next year: Tkachyov, Kupari, Kaliyev, Fagemo, Madden, Turcotte, Thomas. Sure, some of these are not top 6 forwards, but neither is Brown, anymore. If 2 or 3 are not good enough to take his spot, woe to the Kings!

sorry missed the period between that and this.

RossLonsberryFan

Aug 28, 2019
Does anyone think Brown signs another contract or do we think he's going to retire after this season?

I agree with regards to the glut of middle six guys we seem to have. Andersson, Grundstrom, Wagner, and Lizotte probably all sit at various points throughout the season to let guys Kupari, Kaliyev, Fagemo, Turcotte, and Thomas have a cup of coffee. Hopefully one or two of them will play so well that Blake and McLellan won't have a choice but to keep them up for the rest of the season. I have no idea where Tkachov fits into the equation.

I think this is Brown’s final season.

RossLonsberryFan

Aug 28, 2019
A lot of people mention Clague, but there will be a lot of veteran NHL D men to build the roster on, and you're taking a risk with Clague that he is a sure thing to make the team. He is not waiver-exempt, so that has to be a consideration. Kings could claim him right back if he wasn't deemed ready. Clague has not proven he can play consistent defense at the pro level, I think we all like his offensive upside as a puck mover.

I think the Kings should try to include Clague in a trade for a top pairing LHD. I’d like them to take a shot at Rasmus Sandin from Buffalo.

This year’s #8, next year’s 1st + Strand + Clague would be my offer.

onlyalad

The bounce
Jan 13, 2008
I think Brown signs a one year farewell tour deal. So he can get the gifts and fan appreciation as he visits other arenas for the last time. Like Luc and Teemu and other players who are adored by everyone in the league.
Umm sure. But I think they do give him a final year deal.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
I think Brown signs a one year farewell tour deal. So he can get the gifts and fan appreciation as he visits other arenas for the last time. Like Luc and Teemu and other players who are adored by everyone in the league.
Umm sure. But I think they do give him a final year deal.
He can do that this year. He just doesn't have the will to put in the work anymore. He had a great run, he doesn't need to embarss himself and the team needs his spot.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Brown had surgery at the end of the season (it was said to be bothering him for a while), so that could've been a factor in his terrible 2nd half.
At his age his body will continue to fail him.

He can't play a lesser role because he can't provide the energy or fulfil the responsibility of that kind of player. Its cherry pick a few goals or nothing at this stage of his career.

Peter James Bond III

CHROMIAK COMETH
Jul 8, 2020
sorry missed the period between that and this.

No worries. I love Dustin Brown...but comes a time.
One of my favorite photos I ever took, was 2006-07 Dustin Brown's first full season and he was coming out of (then) Health South training complex and my (then) 6 year old son Aaron had a Dustin Brown
hockey card. I asked Dustin if he could sign the card and he did. Aaron was stoked and looking at the card and then Dustin also signed his jersey! We did not ask him to, but some others were signing it (Norstrom and a few others) So, I took a photo of Dustin signing his jersey, while Aaron is staring at the card in his hands. So cool. I would never expect or ask anyone to sign 2 items. He was so gracious and amazing. Got a photo of Norstrom leaning down to Aaron's level and that was second best King photo I ever took.

I hope Dustin heals from whatever surgery he had and has an awesome year. He should have never had C taken.

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Brown has a ton of pride. He’s made around $70M in career earnings, so the money probably isn’t a factor if he want another deal. I can see him wanting to keep playing, I don’t blame him.

Maybe he goes the route of finding a role on a competitive team as a vet you bring in for the playoffs. I wouldn’t blame him for wanting another cup. He’s got the rest of his life to spend at home with the wife and kids.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
At least if Brown goes to a competitor after this season, it won't be Anaheim or San Jose.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
He can do that this year. He just doesn't have the will to put in the work anymore. He had a great run, he doesn't need to embarss himself and the team needs his spot.

Dude, you make it sound like he scored 10 points last year. He was one of the few guys who tried to score, unlike the other bums. He lead the team in goals, and without the shorten season would've put up at least 25. I'd like to know who exactly fill that spot who can, you know...score. And don't include Kempe, the experiment doesn't work past 3 games.

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
Dude, you make it sound like he scored 10 points last year. He was one of the few guys who tried to score, unlike the other bums. He lead the team in goals, and without the shorten season would've put up at least 25. I'd like to know who exactly fill that spot who can, you know...score. And don't include Kempe, the experiment doesn't work past 3 games.
How about Kaliyev? He played one game and scored. Hes a goal scorer.
If anyone else on the team played like Brown defensively theyd be benched.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
How about Kaliyev? He played one game and scored. Hes a goal scorer.
If anyone else on the team played like Brown defensively theyd be benched.

doesn't mean he is an 82 goal guy.
I am all for Kaliyev finding his way into more NHL games this year, but I also think that can happen not at Brown's expense

Iafallo-Kopitar-Arvidson
Kempe-XXX/Vilardi-Vilardi/XXX
Brown-Byfield-Moore
Grundstrom-JAD-Kaliyev

Anderson and Lemiuex waiting in the press box and moved in and out based on performance.

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
doesn't mean he is an 82 goal guy.
I am all for Kaliyev finding his way into more NHL games this year, but I also think that can happen not at Brown's expense

Iafallo-Kopitar-Arvidson
Kempe-XXX/Vilardi-Vilardi/XXX
Brown-Byfield-Moore
Grundstrom-JAD-Kaliyev

Anderson and Lemiuex waiting in the press box and moved in and out based on performance.
Brown isnt an 82 goal guy either.
Caufield scores a goal playing on the top line and everyone creams their pants. Theres a goal scorer here in Kaliyev and you want him on the fourth line.
Andersson should earn a spot out of camp. He finished the season strong next to Vilardi.
There are so many forwards on the roster I think all prospects besides Byfield will probably be in the AHL. Wonder what they do with Kupari who is probably ready to play in the NHL but will not have a roster spot at center here. So many questions this coming season it will be interesting to see it play out.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Caufield scores a goal playing on the top line and everyone creams their pants. Theres a goal scorer here in Kaliyev and you want him on the fourth line.
Andersson should earn a spot out of camp. He finished the season strong next to Vilardi.
There are so many forwards on the roster I think all prospects besides Byfield will probably be in the AHL. Wonder what they do with Kupari who is probably ready to play in the NHL but will not have a roster spot at center here. So many questions this coming season it will be interesting to see it play out.

I am a big Kupari fan but I think he spends most the year in the AHL. It won't be bad for him.
I am good with Andersson taking Grundstroms spot.
yes I have Kaliyev starting on the 4th, but could be 4th with PP time

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

Agree that it's a numbers game but to the boldfaced I sure f***ing hope not because that means no one has stepped up. THEN we get to start questioning drafting/development imo.

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
Agree that it's a numbers game but to the boldfaced I sure f***ing hope not because that means no one has stepped up. THEN we get to start questioning drafting/development imo.
Yea I get that but the Kings havent been giving most of the kids much of a good shot. Like I said Kaliyev scored in one game playing next to Amadio. He got sent down. Clague had a game changing hit and got sent down. Vilardi and Byfield were put in a position to succeed but the others have not been so lucky.
It makes sense to let them develop but at some point you have to see that they have better players in the organization than Lizotte and Wagner. Carter Amadio and Luff are now gone but they have players from the outside coming in to replace them it seems.
There is also instances where they miss their window with prospects like Ladue and Rempal. They showed signs that they could be in the NHL but never got a fair shake.
So I got sidetracked but I think Im saying yes these kids need to step up. But at the same time they should be given a fair chance to take Carter and Browns place. Not bottom six minutes with Amadio and Lizotte.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
He had three goals in his last 25 games. He could STILL be playing and not hit 25.

He had an extremely lucky three week run, but he was easily the teams worst forward away from the puck, nobody else was anywhere near as poor. If you aren't going to forecheck, backcheck, engage along the wall, make responsible passes, pick up your defenders when they pinch or give away multiple OT goals, and just float to the net hoping to be fed taps ins, you better score a whole hell of a lot more than 3 goals in 25 games.

I have only ever said this about 1 LA King ever - Scott Parse - and know it has to be said about Dustin Brown: he sucks as a player.

Reactions: Deaders Ghost

Gjwrams

A Know Nothing Fool
Mar 4, 2019
images

Reactions: Lt Dan

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site

It can't be both a numbers game, and that the prospects didn't win a spot. Only so many more veteran guys that might be sent down.

Reactions: Lt Dan

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
He had three goals in his last 25 games. He could STILL be playing and not hit 25.

He had an extremely lucky three week run, but he was easily the teams worst forward away from the puck, nobody else was anywhere near as poor. If you aren't going to forecheck, backcheck, engage along the wall, make responsible passes, pick up your defenders when they pinch or give away multiple OT goals, and just float to the net hoping to be fed taps ins, you better score a whole hell of a lot more than 3 goals in 25 games.

I have only ever said this about 1 LA King ever - Scott Parse - and know it has to be said about Dustin Brown: he sucks as a player.
1- there is no such thing as luck
2- He was playing hurt. remember the exisitng injury got too bad and they shut him down?

Reactions: kingsfan28

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
With Brown, I think the writing is on the wall with wanting to add 2 top 6 players this summer. Brown will need to slide down the lineup and support the bottom 6. If he is still in our top 6 this season because he is out producing others, we have issues.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad