Confirmed with Link: Kings acquire forward Viktor Arvidsson in exchange for two draft picks

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Initial reaction.

628128636.0.jpg

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
Expect plenty of moves like this prior to the expansion draft. Kings buy low on a contract for a couple of years on a guy who could rebound. If he doesn't, the loss isn't earth-shattering as the Kings have a pretty stocked prospect cupboard.

bmr

Jan 23, 2013
Good move - I doubt we could get someone of his caliber with either of those 2 picks (at least in the first couple of years). I love trades like this where you pick up a solid guy in a bad year. I do the same thing in fantasy leagues when a guy is in a slump.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Looked at the Preds cap and it didn't seem like an issue so I got worried that they were dumping him because they know he's busted but then I read about protection list issues: better to get something for him then lose him for nothing.

Great move by Blake and exactly why you collect assets so you can take advantage of a situation. Still have a 2nd this year and a 3rd next year after moving the picks in this deal.

As for the player, feels like a bridge guy that helps the team get better while it grows but won't necessarily be here when things get real good. Those players are absolutely necessary though since you can't just ice a bunch of 20 year old kids and hope for the best.

I think they let AA walk now unless Blake strikes out on someone else. Even then, he might let him walk regardless. The rumor was looking for two Top 6 wings: here is one. Let's see if he adds another.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
Kopitar
Iafallo
Arvidsson
Lemieux
AA
Moore
Kempe

Doughty
Roy
Walker

Peterson

for the expansion draft? And if they add another forward they can leave AA exposed.

Reactions: Basilisk

tbrown33

Jun 22, 2019
Kopitar
Iafallo
Arvidsson
Lemieux
AA
Moore
Kempe

Doughty
Roy
Walker

Peterson

for the expansion draft? And if they add another forward they can leave AA exposed.

Lemieux won’t be protected and not sure they want to bring back AA. Lias will be protected, then one of AA, Grundstrom, or Brown.

Reactions: Peter James Bond II

rajuabju

The One & Only
Dec 30, 2006
Los Angeles
I like this a lot. We bought low. Very happy to give up just a 2nd + 3rd next year. We didnt lose any top tier prospects, didnt give up a 1st, and he will excel on Kopitar's wing. Cap Hit is only $4.25Myear, and he's signed for 3 more seasons. Its the perfect "Stoll/Greene" type deal we need more of.

Sybil227

Jun 16, 2004
Santa Clarita
Does anyone know which 2nd round pick we're giving up? (I don't think it matters too much, but I'd like to know)
Also, that Gretzky is terrible on breakaways. If you can't beat a goalie 1-on-1 you're useless. We can get a good, gritty player with that 7th rounder.

Reactions: KingTech

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
Smart trade by Blake. Kings need a finisher on the wing, Blake goes out and gets one for picks, which he has an excess of. Maybe the key part is that Arvidsson is signed for only $4.25 AAV for three seasons, which is not only affordable, but not a long term anchor. Very clever trade for the Kings.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3