Confirmed with Link: Kings acquire forward Viktor Arvidsson in exchange for two draft picks

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
If the speculation\rumors are true that we are still looking for another forward, we need to start looking at trading some bodies. Quick look at the roster and lines, we have no room for a prospect or new forward. Maybe trade RFA rights? And hope Seattle takes another forward.. an Amadio type of trade for a D man?....no clue how this will work out.

Iafallo Kopi RV
Kempe Vilardi Brown
Moore(RFA) QB AA(RFA)
Lemieux JAD Wagner

(Top 6 forward TBA)
Andersson(RFA)
Grundstrom
Lizotte
Luff(RFA)

Kupari
Kaliyev
We also signed this guy.

cut.png

Reactions: Mats26

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
I think we have a glaring hole at 2C that needs to be addressed unless we're trusting a 19-year-old Byfield or unless Vilardi improves significantly (which are both possible, but not bets I'd want to make necessarily). Would love to acquire a left-handed defenseman too. Someone floated Reilly, cost might be right.

Iafallo - Kopitar - Kaliyev
Kempe - Byfield - Arvidsson
Andersson - Vilardi - Brown
Grundstrom - JAD - Lemieux

Reilly - Doughty
Bjornfot - Roy
Anderson - Walker

Petersen
Quick

Those are three very important roles that we're essentially relying on rookies for: 1RW, 2C, 3C.
I think in reality our Centers will line up as you have detailed. I’d guess Byfield and Vilardi will play as a 2a/b in terms of ice time over the season.

I think Turcotte and Kalyev will battle it out for a spot at wing with Kempe at LW/RW depending on which one gets a job. All subject to another acquisition, of course…

verbalkint47

Heroes and Villans
Aug 12, 2009
Emerald State
I don't get it, are you expecting them to try and contend?

They are clearly in developmental mode, of course they are going to go with the kids this year.

And what's with everybody putting Moore back on the 4th or leaving him out entirely?
I agree with you 100% on Moore. He should be a lock for the middle 6 for the next couple years.
To your first point however.. Blake flat out said this season wasn't good enough and that they've identified what holes need to be filled and are prepared to take the next step in improving the roster. Adding Arvidsson, and potentiality another top 6 forward and/or a LHD, doesn't sound to me like he is content to be drafting in the top 5-10 again next season. That doesn't mean actually contending for the cup, but at least being in contention for a playoff spot seems like the goal.

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016

They are clearly in developmental mode, of course they are going to go with the kids this year.

And what's with everybody putting Moore back on the 4th or leaving him out entirely?
I dont get why hes being left out of some lineups. He was one of the only bright spots this season.
But hes being put on the 4th line in some lineups because Grundstrom-JAD-Moore was really good. They had good chemistry. It also helps when you can role 4 lines and not be worried about matchups. When they were out there it seemed like they could grind vs teams top lines.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site

There's only so many spots for the kids.

Also, Kings just jumped from second to last payroll (not including Seattle) to 14th.

Next season ONLY Brown and Maata come off the books and Cal Peterson is a UFA. So Kings might have to start watching bucks.

14th, before any summer shenanigans gets under way. They were "19th" before getting Arvidsson.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009

You're missing Trevor Moore who I think is going to make another leap next season. Hell he played center for Team USA and did it well.

Yeah that's my bad, just forgot Moore, wasn't on purpose. For as good as he was last year though I'd really love to see him on our third line. Without any more moves, here's my guess as to what opening night actually looks like:

Iafallo - Kopitar - Brown
Andersson - Vilardi - Moore
Grundstrom - JAD - Lizotte
MacDermid, Lemieux

Anderson - Doughty
Bjornfot - Roy
Maatta - Walker
Strand

Petersen
Quick

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
Yeah that's my bad, just forgot Moore, wasn't on purpose. For as good as he was last year though I'd really love to see him on our third line. Without any more moves, here's my guess as to what opening night actually looks like:

MacDermid, Lemieux

Anderson - Doughty
Bjornfot - Roy
Maatta - Walker
Strand

Petersen
Quick
Thats probably the most realistic of the lineups posted. Still leaves Wagner, Frk, Kupari and Clague and the rights to AA and Luff as tradable assets. Also one will be going to Seattle and that could be Lizotte also.

LAKings88

Fire BLuc
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole

MacDermid, Lemieux

Anderson - Doughty
Bjornfot - Roy
Maatta - Walker
Strand

Petersen
Quick
Tkachov too.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Does anyone think Brown signs another contract or do we think he's going to retire after this season?

I agree with regards to the glut of middle six guys we seem to have. Andersson, Grundstrom, Wagner, and Lizotte probably all sit at various points throughout the season to let guys Kupari, Kaliyev, Fagemo, Turcotte, and Thomas have a cup of coffee. Hopefully one or two of them will play so well that Blake and McLellan won't have a choice but to keep them up for the rest of the season. I have no idea where Tkachov fits into the equation.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Does anyone think Brown signs another contract or do we think he's going to retire after this season?

I agree with regards to the glut of middle six guys we seem to have. Andersson, Grundstrom, Wagner, and Lizotte probably all sit at various points throughout the season to let guys Kupari, Kaliyev, Fagemo, Turcotte, and Thomas have a cup of coffee. Hopefully one or two of them will play so well that Blake and McLellan won't have a choice but to keep them up for the rest of the season. I have no idea where Tkachov fits into the equation.

Its possible Brown stays another year or 2. He had a pretty decent year for him and if he's only used as a powerplay guy he could still get by. That being said I think he knows the writing is on the wall for him. He's going to be in a lesser role this upcoming year and its only going to get worse once the prospects start making the jump. I honestly can't see him leaving the team and chasing a cup, so if its not here I think he'll be done.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Tkachyov will get his shot in camp. Probably not make the team and go back to Russia.

I hope I'm wrong.

TruKingFan

Two-Time Cup Winner
Aug 16, 2004
Beachfront
According to Cap Friendly, Tkachev’s contract includes up to $850K in possible performance bonuses. That tells me he’s looking to make the team and even if not out of camp, has. 2-way contract and play with the Reign for a possible call up.

Trash Panda

May 12, 2021
Its possible Brown stays another year or 2. He had a pretty decent year for him and if he's only used as a powerplay guy he could still get by. That being said I think he knows the writing is on the wall for him. He's going to be in a lesser role this upcoming year and its only going to get worse once the prospects start making the jump. I honestly can't see him leaving the team and chasing a cup, so if its not here I think he'll be done.
Brown is completely spent.

Outside of cashing checks that his linemates wrote for the first third of the season, he hovered between worthless & detrimental all year.

Zero physicality, an absolute liability at the defensive blue line on the back check & breakout, losing checks, and a general ability to kill any sort of chance with a fumble were his calling cards all year.

I love brownie, and what he became in the prime years, but he is toast now. Points don’t tell his story.

LAKings88

Fire BLuc
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
If the speculation\rumors are true that we are still looking for another forward, we need to start looking at trading some bodies. Quick look at the roster and lines, we have no room for a prospect or new forward. Maybe trade RFA rights? And hope Seattle takes another forward.. an Amadio type of trade for a D man?....no clue how this will work out.

Iafallo Kopi RV
Kempe Vilardi Brown
Moore(RFA) QB AA(RFA)
Lemieux JAD Wagner

(Top 6 forward TBA)
Andersson(RFA)
Grundstrom
Lizotte
Luff(RFA)

Kupari
Kaliyev

Let Luff and AA walk.
1 of Grundstrom/Lizotte/Wagner to Seattle

Reactions: kinghock

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site

Brown can sign a contract, just not with the Kings. They don't need to bring back Martinez either. Doughty was the last contract from those days. What are you bringing a 38 year old Brown back for?

With no taxi squad, you're not just sitting guys. You can't. There are only so many roster spots. They'd have to be hurt or traded. Or sent down themselves. If they bring in another forward, and even if they also let AA go(which I don't know if they should, but whatever), and we're assuming Byfield is here instead of juniors, there aren't many places to go. Arvidsson isn't cheap. Andersson, Grundstrom, Wagner, they're all making real money. Money they're being paid in order to play. As boring as it is, that matters.

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
Let Luff and AA walk.
1 of Grundstrom/Lizotte/Wagner to Seattle

AA has some value, it would be foolish to not ask for assets back for him and just let him walk. Also you won't sign a player for his production cheap in UFA. If he signs for under 3 million and produces 15-20 goals that is a bargain. Can he do it without Carter though?

The only issue with him and Kempe for that matter, is that they can't seem to find chemistry with anyone on the roster. Hopefully that changes with new propsects\players added to the roster.

If I'am Seattle I will take a long look at AA if exposed in the expansion draft.

LAKings88

Fire BLuc
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
AA has some value, it would be foolish to not ask for assets back for him and just let him walk. Also you won't sign a player for his production cheap in UFA. If he signs for under 3 million and produces 15-20 goals that is a bargain. Can he do it without Carter though?

The only issue with him and Kempe for that matter, is that they can't seem to find chemistry with anyone on the roster. Hopefully that changes with new propsects\players added to the roster.

If I'am Seattle I will take a long look at AA if exposed in the expansion draft.
It’s just a crowded house. If you can get him on a two year affordable deal then go for it. Need spots open next year tho for the youngins.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Seemed like an even swap but now given some time I like this deal for LA. Mostly because preds fans and some players do not like it.

Peter James Bond III

CHROMIAK COMETH
Jul 8, 2020
Brown is completely spent.

Outside of cashing checks that his linemates wrote for the first third of the season, he hovered between worthless & detrimental all year.

Zero physicality, an absolute liability at the defensive blue line on the back check & breakout, losing checks, and a general ability to kill any sort of chance with a fumble were his calling cards all year.

I love brownie, and what he became in the prime years, but he is toast now. Points don’t tell his story.

Even his own kids think he's not very good, as Dustin himself stated that. This should be his last year (don't get the Hoven comment about perhaps signing him another year!)
and I won't bag on his play, as he was stellar and a cornerstone of the Cup years, in which he was captain...gave it his all and only recently has fallen off. It's amazing he's only
recently fallen off, considering the physical play and thousands of hits he dished out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad