Confirmed with Link: Kings acquire forward Viktor Arvidsson in exchange for two draft picks

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
We will see if TMc actually gives the kids the room to grow. He had ridiculously long leashes on the vets. And allowed them to suck up all the best matchups and linemates even when they did not do well. Vilardi needs to work on his consistency yes. That being said when he had crap linemates he had crap production. When he had good linemates he had good production. If you want the kids to develop you cannot partner them up next to a bunch of stone hands linemates.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
I have only ever said this about 1 LA King ever - Scott Parse - and know it has to be said about Dustin Brown: he sucks as a player.

That's pretty low :laugh:

Fun fact: Brown had more points last season than Parse did his entire career.

Yeah, he's not what he used to be, but I don't know if sucks is the word. He outscored guys like Couture, Hughes, Mantha, Rackell, and Monahan. he had a better P/GP than Hall, Niederreiter, Eberle, Tarasenko, Kadri, and so on. He had the same production as Keller, who is a pretty damn good player.

And that's with the injury he was dealing with.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
That's pretty low :laugh:

Fun fact: Brown had more points last season than Parse did his entire career.

Yeah, he's not what he used to be, but I don't know if sucks is the word. He outscored guys like Couture, Hughes, Mantha, Rackell, and Monahan. he had a better P/GP than Hall, Niederreiter, Eberle, Tarasenko, Kadri, and so on. He had the same production as Keller, who is a pretty damn good player.

And that's with the injury he was dealing with.

Exactly. There are plenty of guys who actually suck, he wasn't one of them.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
He had three goals in his last 25 games. He could STILL be playing and not hit 25.

He had an extremely lucky three week run, but he was easily the teams worst forward away from the puck, nobody else was anywhere near as poor. If you aren't going to forecheck, backcheck, engage along the wall, make responsible passes, pick up your defenders when they pinch or give away multiple OT goals, and just float to the net hoping to be fed taps ins, you better score a whole hell of a lot more than 3 goals in 25 games.

I have only ever said this about 1 LA King ever - Scott Parse - and know it has to be said about Dustin Brown: he sucks as a player.

Everything you listed about Brown you can applied to the entire team at some point , including Kopitar. But hey,you got to blame someone for last season, lets single him out .

as for scoring, you mean like Kempe's 3 goals in 31 games [injury free], and his 112 offensive zone penalties? Top line player, right? You want to talk about sucking, only Wagner and McD were worse .

Including Parse with Brown in the same sentence is just flat out wrong man, and you know it.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
I am a big Kupari fan but I think he spends most the year in the AHL. It won't be bad for him.
I am good with Andersson taking Grundstroms spot.
yes I have Kaliyev starting on the 4th, but could be 4th with PP time

He will be part of a deal somewhere, just too many centers right now and he has value. Wouldn't be surprised at all if he's traded at the draft along with something else to get another forward or the LHD we badly need.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
He will be part of a deal somewhere, just too many centers right now and he has value. Wouldn't be surprised at all if he's traded at the draft along with something else to get another forward or the LHD we badly need.
i could see it

Sleeping Dog

Fan Since ‘68
Sep 21, 2013
LBC
Is there anyway Tkachev makes the team and can get a regular role? Kid looks like he has some skill. Might be one dimensional, but we need someone to score some goals.

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
Is there anyway Tkachev makes the team and can get a regular role? Kid looks like he has some skill. Might be one dimensional, but we need someone to score some goals.

Tkachev isn't the finisher that some have him pegged to be.

“Super skilled”
“Can takeover games”
“He has skill and vision. More of a playmaker than a scorer. A shot would be his fourth option.”
“A straight up skill guy, doesn’t battle in corners.”
“Very fun to play with him, he sees the ice so well.”

Kopitar, Villardi, AI, Ardvisson, and down the road Byfield and Turcotte are all pass first type players. Would be interesting to partner up Tkachev with a player who can battle along the boards.

Until Kaliyev is ready, I wish this team could find a scorer/finisher. Hopefully Blake will address this during this flat cap/expansion window of time.

This is why someone like Andersson is important to this team is because he plays a game in and around the net.

Will be interesting to see this team with a scorer and LHD to round out the off-season going into next season. I there will be enough turn over to have this roster shaken up a bit, because there were awfully stale later in the season.

Peter James Bond III

CHROMIAK COMETH
Jul 8, 2020

“Super skilled”
“Can takeover games”
“He has skill and vision. More of a playmaker than a scorer. A shot would be his fourth option.”

Kopitar, Villardi, AI, Ardvisson, and down the road Byfield and Turcotte are all pass first type players. Would be interesting to partner up Tkachev with a player who can battle along the boards.

Until Kaliyev is ready, I wish this team could find a scorer/finisher. Hopefully Blake will address this during this flat cap/expansion window of time.

This is why someone like Andersson is important to this team is because he plays a game in and around the net.

Will be interesting to see this team with a scorer and LHD to round out the off-season going into next season. I there will be enough turn over to have this roster shaken up a bit, because there were awfully stale later in the season.

Yes, goal scorers, #1 need. I think Kaliyev can make the jump this year. Led Ontario in scoring and was +4 there too, when most of the team were minus players.
Wrobo said Arthur was good defensively.

I am hoping Kupari and Fagemo can score. Although, not much room, among the 12 spots. The D really needs to activate and help in scoring. I think Clague
could help, but see him odd man out, or Seattle bound.

Sad to know no 20 goal scorers this year and only Kopi reached 20 (21) last year. Consider Brown and Carter were 2nd and 3rd in 19-20 and that's even bleaker,
as Carter is gone and Brown about to be 3rd liner. Someone needs to step up. Arvidsson should top 20 and I think Kempe can, if he has consistent linemates.
I am not sure Iafallo or Vilardi can surpass 15. Would be a bonus. I also love Lias' net presence and some games, he had 2 or 3 chances with 7 minutes of ice.
He got to play more like 12-13 mins the last few weeks and looked generally good, with Gabe, I think Lias can be good for 10-12 and Moore reach up to 15 now.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009

“Super skilled”
“Can takeover games”

I wish this team could find three other scorers on top of Kaliyev contributing.

Brown was tied for 59th in scoring, Kempe 107th, Kopitar and Iafallo 122nd.

Maybe trading for Sam Reinhart wouldn't be the worst idea. He's scored 22+ goals in all but one season in his career.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I wish this team could find three other scorers on top of Kaliyev contributing.

Brown was tied for 59th in scoring, Kempe 107th, Kopitar and Iafallo 122nd.

Maybe trading for Sam Reinhart wouldn't be the worst idea. He's scored 22+ goals in all but one season in his career.

Reinhart would be a great get. I do wonder what sort of contract he would be looking for.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad