Post-Game Talk: King Cullen

Status
Not open for further replies.

hardnosed

Feb 27, 2017
All you guys screaming for Mika to get benched, yet nobody ever shines a light on K'horrible.

Why does he get a pass for error after error after error?

Why does he never get held accountable for never being willing to take a hit to make the right play instead of dumping it anywhere to avoid contact?

Why does he get a pass after constantly not picking up coverage in front of the net?

Why does he get a pass for chasing a player with the puck out past the circles or even to the blue line and f***ing up the coverage game after game after game?

He is not a good defenseman. He has the hockey sense of a hammer. He has all the tools you would ask for but not a single clue about what he should be doing. On top of that he doesn't appear to be learning it either.

I have said before he is Brady Skjei 2.0 because of this: he has all the tools. You look at him and think he could win the Norris. But he has a checkers brain in a chess game. He will probably put up some seasons that are really good, but he will never come close to what his potential is because he either truly can't figure it out or doesn't care enough to get to the next level.

Please please please trade this f***ing guy before we sign him to a horrible boat anchor of a deal and handcuff this team until he's retired.

I have been saying this since the moment I saw him. He is not a top tier defenseman and if we pay him like one we are screwed.
I agree with a lot of this. However, chasing the puck carrier to the blue line is our plan. All our guys do it. There have been numerous times where our D man leads a rush, including last night's breakaway, because the puck gets turned over when they are chasing their guy up high.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
profetkeyboards.com
None of the current players are inspiring. Even Rick Nash was less vanilla than these current guys

I miss Rick Nash's unwaivering eye contact interviews...

Even sitting on a couch 50miles away... They would make me uncomfortable. Yet... I felt something... I have no interested in what any of these dude's say. Because they say nothing. There is no emotion in any of these players.

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
profetkeyboards.com
All you guys screaming for Mika to get benched, yet nobody ever shines a light on K'horrible.

Why does he get a pass for error after error after error?

Why does he never get held accountable for never being willing to take a hit to make the right play instead of dumping it anywhere to avoid contact?

Why does he get a pass after constantly not picking up coverage in front of the net?

Why does he get a pass for chasing a player with the puck out past the circles or even to the blue line and f***ing up the coverage game after game after game?

He is not a good defenseman. He has the hockey sense of a hammer. He has all the tools you would ask for but not a single clue about what he should be doing. On top of that he doesn't appear to be learning it either.

I have said before he is Brady Skjei 2.0 because of this: he has all the tools. You look at him and think he could win the Norris. But he has a checkers brain in a chess game. He will probably put up some seasons that are really good, but he will never come close to what his potential is because he either truly can't figure it out or doesn't care enough to get to the next level.

Please please please trade this f***ing guy before we sign him to a horrible boat anchor of a deal and handcuff this team until he's retired.

I have been saying this since the moment I saw him. He is not a top tier defenseman and if we pay him like one we are screwed.

This is what happens when you introduce young guys to this league without proper coaching and structure.

Quinn was the wrong coach.
Gallant was the wrong coach.
Lavi is the wrong coach.

This team needed a systems/structure/accountability coach from day 1 of the rebuild lasting at least 3 years.

We still haven't gotten that coach and the on ice product just oozes that.

Beginning of the season showed so much promise with a structure and system that was easy to see. But when bad habits started creeping back in, no one was benched. And so we're back to square one where the lines and defense have no system, no structure because it's readily apparent that unless you are a young player or getting paid league minimum, there is very little chance that there will be repercussions.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
I'm going to wait until the playoffs, but if we're not ready for round one, game one, then I'm probably going to turn into one of the most incessant posters here, wanting to dump every 26+ year old on the roster.

Reactions: Unpredictable1

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
profetkeyboards.com
I'm going to wait until the playoffs, but if we're not ready for round one, game one, then I'm probably going to turn into one of the most incessant posters here, wanting to dump every 26+ year old on the roster.

This team is screaming for another rebuild.

Broken record time:
They went through the last rebuild without drafting a single first line player, and without drafting a top pairing dman.

That just can't happen, they packed it up and called it done way too prematurely.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
I don't blame Laf.

It was a nice save. And also a bit lucky.
Yeah ok keep going with the goalie was lucky narrative

He lifts the puck and no one would be talking about it here. It wasn't even a glove save. It was a PAD save. Which any goalie makes when he slides over. Absolutely no extra effort needed.

If I saw a glove windmill, then maybe I'd be inclined to agree

Last edited:
Reactions: Clark Kellogg

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
This team has no offense. It's a myth, perpetuated by Panarin's individual excellence, a lot of fancy perimeter passing and an elite power play (which is tumbling). It's easier to do the tic tac toe happy passing when the other team has one less defender. They're full of themselves thinking they're offensively talented.

Other teams' players when they go to the net are in full control of what they intend to do on our goaltenders. There's almost no one here that's sure of what they want to do other than pass the puck off laterally.

Last edited:

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
profetkeyboards.com
Not rotten but not championship caliper. I always shake my head when this board becomes obsessed with changing 7-12 minute players. Its not the 7-12 minute guys that will get us to a cup. Its the guys playing 15-21 minutes that need to be upgraded.

So back to mediocre... They wasted the rebuild.

They were like... #1 and #2? Right after drafting our future medal throwing captain and our future Russian superstar?

What could go wrong?

Next rebuild they need to wait until they see on ice production before going for it.

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC

They were like... #1 and #2? Right after drafting our future medal throwing captain and our future Russian superstar?

What could go wrong?

Next rebuild they need to wait until they see on ice production before going for it.
The rebuild was aborted the moment they acquired Trouba and Panarin.

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
I agree with a lot of this. However, chasing the puck carrier to the blue line is our plan. All our guys do it. There have been numerous times where our D man leads a rush, including last night's breakaway, because the puck gets turned over when they are chasing their guy up high.
Yeah. K'Andre is not the only one who does that. Trouba the other night chased a guy to the boards, lost him, & a goal was scored.

I'd like to see K'Andre away from Trouba.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Not really.

Maybe Fox but that's just because the Gus-Lindgren pair was somehow good and Lindgren-Fox hasn't been for two years.

This to me is the craziest thing. Why the D pairings are in blood. 3 coaches they are in blood. No adjustments. Why not shake things up? Makes no sense to me. No one in the top 4 is playing well. Shake it up. This is crazy

Shadowtron

Feb 27, 2002
Earth
Not rotten but not championship caliper. I always shake my head when this board becomes obsessed with changing 7-12 minute players. Its not the 7-12 minute guys that will get us to a cup. Its the guys playing 15-21 minutes that need to be upgraded.

Agreed. The 15-21 guys are not big game players. They’re good regular season guys…but they don’t have that big game gear in them.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011

What could go wrong?

This car is not a Ferrari but its also not a Pinto. The problem is the pretty good engine doesn't have enough top end horsepower to win Daytona. My preference is not to total a car with many good parts. My preference is to add a supercharger to the solid not spectacular engine.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
I go home tomorrow.

The team better figure out how to win without me here….
You are going back into the future. Tell us if we even make it into the playoffs. Thanks.

There will never be a net more wide open for the kid unless it's empty.

hDyuZmg.png
Look at this shit

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
Yeah ok keep going with the goalie was lucky narrative

He lifts the puck and no one would be talking about it here. It wasn't even a glove save. It was a PAD save. Which any goalie makes when he slides over. Absolutely no extra effort needed.

If I saw a glove windmill, then maybe I'd be inclined to agree
It was actually the tip of his skate, Will. Even so, he still should have lifted the puck.

• Love
Reactions: will1066
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: