Post-Game Talk: King Cullen

Status
Not open for further replies.

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
Trorts can make a difference sometimes, but it's always short-term, same as most coaches. It's fair to say you like the way a team looks with Torts, but in 23 years he's won one Cup and that was 20 years ago.
Makes you wonder how Al Arbour lasted so long on the Island.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
I've seen it. He had to take another touch to lift the puck. He did the right thing getting it on net quickly.

The team has plenty of weaknesses to talk about and it always has to be some dumb f***ing narrative.

Soft! Can't finish! No killer instinct! Good teams don't lose! A good player finishes that specific chance!

The morons running the team think the same way which is why helmet chucker plays 21 minutes a game. They probably unironically believe that turned the season around.
Why does it need to be framed as "dumbing f***ing narrative" when you don't agree? I don't need you to agree. At the same time, you push the Trouba thing with very little Miller context. You just focus on Trouba. Fox and Lindgren aren't much better, if at all, currently.

And you know what? This wasn't the only dangerous chance where Laf hadn't scored. Ir's a legitimate gripe that he has trouble finishing.

Reactions: Boris Zubov

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Why does it need to be framed as "dumbing f***ing narrative" when you don't agree? I don't need you to agree. At the same time, you push the Trouba thing with very little Miller context. You just focus on Trouba. Fox and Lindgren aren't much better, if at all, currently.

And you know what? This wasn't the only dangerous chance where Laf hadn't scored. Ir's a legitimate gripe that he has trouble finishing.
We're not talking about who's good or not or what holes Laf has in his game.

It's about how a loss comes down to bitching about our best chance of the game not going in, and how that's somehow indicative of larger problems with the team.

"Bunch of dusters, can't finish chances, not killers!"

It comes up every game. There's nothing to indicate that the Rangers are a poor finishing team. It's just another useless deflection.

When we scored 5 goals on 1.5 expected against Seattle, nobody brought up finishing. Finishing only gets discussed when you don't do it.

ReddestRum

Sad even when winning
Dec 19, 2013
We're not talking about who's good or not or what holes Laf has in his game.

It's about how a loss comes down to bitching about our best chance of the game not going in, and how that's somehow indicative of larger problems with the team.

"Bunch of dusters, can't finish chances, not killers!"

It comes up every game. There's nothing to indicate that the Rangers are a poor finishing team. It's just another useless deflection.

When we scored 5 goals on 1.5 expected against Seattle, nobody brought up finishing. Finishing only gets discussed when you don't do it.

Interesting assessment.

328 shots in 10 games.
24 goals.
3-6-1 stretch.
6 games w/ 30+ shots and 3 games with 40+ shots.
Deserve to win award for the month of January.
Thank god we scored 5 on the 22nd ranked team.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
By comparison, the 2014 team had:

Zuccarello - Brassard - Pouliot
Boyle - Moore - Carcillo/Dorsett/Fast/Miller

Depth is an issue for this team and Chytil alone won’t fix it.
Yeah we are ass backwards.

The only way I can think of to improve depth is to get guys like Berard, Sykora, Edstrom developed and in the lineup over Pitlick and Goodrow.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Interesting assessment.

328 shots in 10 games.
24 goals.
3-6-1 stretch.
6 games w/ 30+ shots and 3 games with 40+ shots.
Deserve to win award for the month of January.
Thank god we scored 5 on the 22nd ranked team.
This is why you look at the whole season and not a stretch of games.

We're averaging 3.19 goals per game on 3.44 expected. It's nothing extraordinary.

Kravtsov420

May 4, 2019
It’s not the coach, I mean how many coaches can we go through before there’s a consensus that it’s the players and always been the players. One coach? Fine. Two? Shame on me. THREE? nope.

It’s time to change the other variables besides the coach. We hitched our horses to losers, simple as that.

ReddestRum

Sad even when winning
Dec 19, 2013
This is why you look at the whole season and not a stretch of games.

We're averaging 3.19 goals per game on 3.44 expected. It's nothing extraordinary.

How many goals in the season have we potted with the man advantage vs even strength?

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
It’s not the coach, I mean how many coaches can we go through before there’s a consensus that it’s the players and always been the players. One coach? Fine. Two? Shame on me. THREE? nope.

It’s time to change the other variables besides the coach. We hitched our horses to losers, simple as that.
It goes beyond the coaches and the players. It's an attitude that runs through the entire organization coming directly from the top: The Dolt. I don't think he's ever cared (or given a thought) to the Rangers winning a championship or even having a good team -- as long as they made the playoffs, had enough "star" presence on the ice to ensure fannies in the seats and made money, everything was fine. The only positive thing he's ever done for the Rangers is to hire hockey people to run them and then left them alone. Of course, most of his "hockey people" choices left a lot to be desired.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese