Post-Game Talk: King Cullen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
And while the same problems persist, it must be said that we really kind of outplayed them and were an inch from deservedly tying it.

And I don't wanna hear about "but long stretch of the game without a shot!!"

I had a long stretch of this game where I scratched both balls. That's just as relevant.

Reactions: cheech70

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
Safe to say going with the safe, predictable, retread coaching hire is bearing it's expected fruits. It took two months of .500 hockey to get a 35 year old Nick Bonino off the ice for a game.

How bad will it have to get before Trouba plays less than 23 mins a night and Zibanejad isn't used as a 1C?

He would never.

Brutananadilewski

Nov 6, 2021
Wherever the keg is!
And while the same problems persist, it must be said that we really kind of outplayed them and were an inch from deservedly tying it.

And I don't wanna hear about "but long stretch of the game without a shot!!"

I had a long stretch of this game where I scratched both balls. That's just as relevant.

They get paid to pot goals and win games.

12-11-1

.500 team

Everything sinking all around the team (Scoring, defense, PP, PK, saves) with teams now really breathing down their necks.

Reactions: Slaydagnar

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
They get paid to pot goals and win games.

12-11-1

.500 team

Everything sinking all around the team (Scoring, defense, PP, PK, saves) with teams now really breathing down their necks.
They've had a very bad stretch. That has nothing to do with playing better in this game.

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
Phil Housley is one of the greatest U.S. born NHL defenseman ever to have played the game.
I’m sure he been working with with the d-men trying to get them to play more physically but they are too lazy or too set with their bad habits to change.
I can’t remember seeing a d corp so ineffective in their own zone and I’ve been watching hockey for a very long time.
Make Housley the scapegoat and fire him. Longshot, but they might listen to the next guy.

Reactions: TheDirtyH

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Phil Housley is one of the greatest U.S. born NHL defenseman ever to have played the game.
I’m sure he been working with with the d-men trying to get them to play more physically but they are too lazy or too set with their bad habits to change.
I can’t remember seeing a d corp so ineffective in their own zone and I’ve been watching hockey for a very long time.
Make Housley the scapegoat and fire him. Longshot, but they might listen to the next guy.

It’s an entire team afraid of confrontation. And we dive for calls as much as any team in the league. It’s not a style of play that makes you proud to be a fan.

Brutananadilewski

Nov 6, 2021
Wherever the keg is!
Than every game in January pretty much. This game was fine.

We'll see how they play tomorrow.

A stretch of bad play is frustrating but you can't include a good game where they lost on a great save.

They didn't lose because of a great save: they lost because of too many stupid giveaways (Mika), where the Kings scored off of one (Miller), and them being offensively inept for over a period.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
thats why they pay him the big bucks

Had his big moment as captain 30 games into his first season now they’ve all tuned him out. Look no further than his D partner, they play together like they’ve never met.

I'm proud of diving lol

More power to you but this brand of hockey sucks ass. Nothing to look forward to

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
More power to you but this brand of hockey sucks ass. Nothing to look forward to
Not disagreeing with the concept of your post necessarily.

Just saying that don't give a single f*** about diving.

f*** this entire league. Dive, cheat, play dirty, circumvent the cap. Don't give a f***. Honor is for p***yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad