Confirmed with Link: Kimmo Timonen to Hawks for 2015 2nd and 2016 2nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hzzz

May 5, 2012
Do you really think you can win with Timonen?

Stanley Cup final 2010 lost
Olympic final 2006 lost
World Cup final 2004 lost
World Championships final 2001 lost
World Championships final 1999 lost
World Championships final 1998 lost

After he left Finland he has only lost his finals.

I hope he wins this time, but he has proved he can't handle the finals.
Not sure if serious. :shakehead

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Class act for a class act. His contribution to Blackhawks will have been jumpstarting Teräväinen's rise to being an NHL star.

Win it for Kimmo "Team"onen

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
I think he was not that visible this game which is a good thing, but then again the whole team looked bad so maybe it was the camouflage effect?

DayNah

Ship it donk!
Feb 11, 2010
Outside of an Icing call I thought he played one of his better games last night.. No real turnovers (that I saw) and he had a shot on goal.

jaysoneil

Feb 22, 2013
IL
Outside of an Icing call I thought he played one of his better games last night.. No real turnovers (that I saw) and he had a shot on goal.

Agreed on him having one of his better games, though a shot off the post isn't a shot on goal.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

Agreed. I thought the penalty against him was weak. I really do wish they would use him on the pp because he has a strong accurate shot.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
Agreed. I thought the penalty against him was weak. I really do wish they would use him on the pp because he has a strong accurate shot.

You knew a penalty was coming, it was his only recourse at the time.

I actually thought he was brought in to lead the PP, too logical though.:nod:

blams

LeGoat
May 14, 2015
Illinois
Chemo almost got his first goal yesterday....would have been cool to see. He's done, but it would be cool to get him his cup going out.

The post ****ed us yesterday.

Thucydides

Dec 24, 2009
Timonen played around 6 minutes and he was mostly invisible besides his one scoring chance which beat the goalie but hit the crossbar. That isn't to say he played well, but at least he wasn't noticable for his awfulness the way he was in Anaheim. I hope that's his one game, and then he gets his name on the cup.

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
i would keep playing Timonen and up his minutes to boot to around 10
It's foolish to only play guys like Timo and TVR 5 minutes because if you need them later in the game they are cold and the opposite of confident.
There is also the wearing down of the top 4 … Keith looked tired to me for the first time after the game last night during his interview with Pierre.
Either play Timo more or bring in Pokka or whoever but give them at least 10 minutes!!

Cyber

Dec 31, 2014

I've always hated that NHL refs can't seem to get a handle on players clamping their arm down on a harmless stick to draw the hook.

Drives me nuts.

Panzerspitze

Mar 4, 2010
No, quenneville rather dress TvR for those 15-min bench-warming shifts
i would keep playing Timonen and up his minutes to boot to around 10
It's foolish to only play guys like Timo and TVR 5 minutes because if you need them later in the game they are cold and the opposite of confident.
There is also the wearing down of the top 4 … Keith looked tired to me for the first time after the game last night during his interview with Pierre.
Either play Timo more or bring in Pokka or whoever but give them at least 10 minutes!!

Hawksfan2828

Mar 1, 2007
Libertyville, IL
I've been watching hockey for 30+ years and I've never seen a player as done as Timo lol.

Why did Bowman have to give up (2) 2nd round picks for him anyway? It had to have been his offer because he could have been had for a 7th IMO.

Gootie

GOATie
Jul 28, 2010
Chicago
Man, how amazing would it be to see Kimmo lift that Cup tomorrow night?
Probably won't happen given veteran hierarchy, but I think it would be neat to see Toews to Kimmo to Teuvo. That being said I don't give a damn what happens as long as we win.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Cristiano Simonetta
‏â€Kimmo [Timonen] is so excited that I have to calm him down.â€

-Teuvo Teravainen, haha. #Blackhawks.

Timonen has been mentoring TT a lot, and he has been honest with him which I like. He knows and has told TT that he can be a real star in the league but that means no golfing this offseason or in the near future(has lots of training to do) :laugh:

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
Since Timmo came into the fold, TT has hit another gear. Yea, it may be spurious, but I'm willing to believe that Timmo had a lot to do with Teuvo unleashing his talent so quickly and on the highest stage.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
I hate what we gave up for him and would rather have seen us add a more competent defensemen (Petry or Zidlicky); but if we do win this series, I will love seeing Timonen hoist the cup. Great guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad