Confirmed with Link: Kimmo Timonen to Hawks for 2015 2nd and 2016 2nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I won't be angry, but I'd rather see Keith get it first after Toews, especially if the Hawks win on home ice.

Fair enough but we all know the old guy/never one the cup guy gets the cup first. I actually asked my wife last night if she would cry like she did when they handed the puck to Hossa or Rosival. Her answer? Yes harder than when they handed it to Rosi but not has hard as when they handed it to Hossa. She loves that KT has been like a 2nd father to TT.

jrc494

Jan 6, 2012
@NHLBlackhawks: Teuvo on Kimmo: "He's been like a second dad for me because my real dad is in Finland. Just great to have him here." #Feels

Is it bad if I think the trade was worth it just for this single quote?

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Toews always seems to give it to the guys that haven't won it yet, first.

Timonen, Vermette, Rundblad, Cumiskey, Desjardins, will probably be some of the first players to get it.

RedBaronIndian

Jul 9, 2010
@NHLBlackhawks: Teuvo on Kimmo: "He's been like a second dad for me because my real dad is in Finland. Just great to have him here." #Feels

Is it bad if I think the trade was worth it just for this single quote?

I am with you on that.

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
Unless he plays in the finals, KT in my opinion doesn't belong on the Cup. He shouldn't get it for "long and meritorious service" in the NHL for other teams.

However, I think the Hawks played a marginal first game and won, and they will play significantly better in game two and it will be difficult for TB to win. If the Hawks go up 2-0, they will likely win the Cup in four, maybe five games. In that scenario, KT probably gets played in one of the final games and then his name goes on the Cup.

Regarding who gets passed the Cup, likely he gets it first rightly or wrongly. A lot of key Hawks seem to get the Cup passed to them quite late, and the first that comes to mind is Kane, who always seems to be an afterthought in receiving the Cup.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
He should get it because he missed all the season with an injury until the bits he played with Chicago. If he was a normal healthy player traded for by the Hawks only to get bumped from the roster before the Final then it would be a different scenario. It's because of his injury case he deserves to be argued for. He doesn't need to play in a game to get it, the blood clots case was significant enough.

perth blasters

Jun 4, 2015
Perth
This is not assuming anything -but going with the 'argument' as being made...

the entire 'deserves name engraved' thing is ridiculous in that if you look at about half of the names from the 2013 listing were front office people ... personally I really think those marketing guys deserve a listing etc... so really when talking about any given player -it all becomes a little silly imo.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Unless he plays in the finals, KT in my opinion doesn't belong on the Cup. He shouldn't get it for "long and meritorious service" in the NHL for other teams.

However, I think the Hawks played a marginal first game and won, and they will play significantly better in game two and it will be difficult for TB to win. If the Hawks go up 2-0, they will likely win the Cup in four, maybe five games. In that scenario, KT probably gets played in one of the final games and then his name goes on the Cup.

Regarding who gets passed the Cup, likely he gets it first rightly or wrongly. A lot of key Hawks seem to get the Cup passed to them quite late, and the first that comes to mind is Kane, who always seems to be an afterthought in receiving the Cup.

He should get it for being a member of Chicago Blackhawks!

Enyaw

The names ... Wayne
Jan 17, 2014
Not for just being a member but for playing a majority of the games and providing leadership in his time here (multiple players have now commented on this subject so it is measurable).

KT played 16 regular season games ... majority?

mikee*

I think the rule should be changed to have anyone who suits up for a playoff game (not just SCF) should get their name on it. Kimmo and Nordstrom have played multiple playoff games. If the team thinks enough of you to play you in a playoff game, your name should be engraved.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
I think the rule should be changed to have anyone who suits up for a playoff game (not just SCF) should get their name on it. Kimmo and Nordstrom have played multiple playoff games. If the team thinks enough of you to play you in a playoff game, your name should be engraved.

I think the problem is there's only room for so many names. And as for Nordstrom - the Hawks played like crap whenever Nordstrom has been in the lineup. He's done nothing to deserve his name on the Cup..

mikee*

I think the problem is there's only room for so many names. And as for Nordstrom - the Hawks played like crap whenever Nordstrom has been in the lineup. He's done nothing to deserve his name on the Cup..

Nordstrom is an active member of the team, and unlike the other Rockford guys (except Teravainen) he hasn't just been along for the ride in practice, he has played nearly half the regular season with the Hawks and played in two separate playoff series.

Its not like there needs to be room for 40 guys. Most teams aren't going to use more than 25-26 guys during the playoffs. There is plenty of room for that.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
I thought Timo might get some time in the SCF and it appears this is the case.

I really hopes he steps up and helps them get a big win tonight.

agent082

Feb 11, 2012
Do you really think you can win with Timonen?

Stanley Cup final 2010 lost
Olympic final 2006 lost
World Cup final 2004 lost
World Championships final 2001 lost
World Championships final 1999 lost
World Championships final 1998 lost

After he left Finland he has only lost his finals.

I hope he wins this time, but he has proved he can't handle the finals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad