Confirmed with Link: Kimmo Timonen to Hawks for 2015 2nd and 2016 2nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

sooni

Oct 23, 2014
Vaasa
Kimmo Timonen last year. 77games 6 goals 29 assists 35points. Not bad for 39 year old veteran who was top paired with Vatanen at Olympic games at Finnish team which win bronze medal game against Usa.

He have been playing whole hes career more than 20mins+ for a game. It is hard for old player to play 8-10 mins. Chicago won hes first change to become Stanley cup winner. He almost died last summer and was out like 8 months. Still he is not giving up.

He deserves that Stanley Cup.

He have lost all big games of his career. World Cup final, Olympic game final and once that Stanley cup.

Stop fighting and just remember this is hes last 2 weeks as a player. Give him change to be one of your team and respect hes career. Thank you.

I´m from Finland so sorry with my English writing time to time :yo:

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
Kimmo Timonen last year. 77games 6 goals 29 assists 35points. Not bad for 39 year old veteran who was top paired with Vatanen at Olympic games at Finnish team which win bronze medal game against Usa.

He have been playing whole hes career more than 20mins+ for a game. It is hard for old player to play 8-10 mins. Chicago won hes first change to become Stanley cup winner. He almost died last summer and was out like 8 months. Still he is not giving up.

He deserves that Stanley Cup.

He have lost all big games of his career. World Cup final, Olympic game final and once that Stanley cup.

Stop fighting and just remember this is hes last 2 weeks as a player. Give him change to be one of your team and respect hes career. Thank you.

I´m from Finland so sorry with my English writing time to time :yo:

I for one and I think most Hawk fans are with you on this.
He's a class guy and deserves to be part of this.
I say put him in for a couple of games at least.
Still would have loved to see him paired with Pokka but that's dreaming!

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

It seems that all but 1 or 2 of us 100% agree with you on KT.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

To think all the things he has done for smaller blue liners is incredible, he was drafted in the 10 round and no one ever expect him to be anything because of his size.
He became a blue line beast and beat the odds, was a captain for Nashville, "A" for Philly and for Finland, how many has done that?

He has scored 2 50 point seasons, 6 40 point seasons while being strong defensive D-player, I know he has struggled, but you have to admire his passion for hockey, he tried to come back, wanted to leave on his own terms, be a mentor for TT/Pokka at the same time and say goodbye to hockey with skates on.

I get that you have some Hawks fans here who don't feel much for Timonen, but looking at the things he has done he deserves respect, he has earned that by playing.

And if the Hawks want to put his name on the cup it wouldn't be the biggest crime in the world.

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
HFHawks, like every forum, just has a few ignorant posters.
Most of us respect the career KT has had, and I am glad he is a part of our team. He is a mentor for TT and TT has looked his best since being with KT.

Hes a great guy and was a great player. Unfortunately, his age has just caught up to him.

tdfxman

Jul 5, 2010
Would love to hear from Philly fans and have then compare what Timmo was last year versus now. I mean I was a huge fan of this trade. For picks you get an Olympic level D man who plays top 4 minutes. And then he turned out he just can't play. I am shocked at how bad.

Are you guys that know him shocked as well?

NHLfreak1

Jan 6, 2014
As someone who's watched Kimmo for years, yes I am a little shocked to see him struggle. However, he's had a lot of challenges, the not playing all year, the reduced minutes, and of course having it happen when you're 40 doesn't help. I'm not making excuses, he's not playing SCF quality hockey. I feel like he was handling his minutes OK up until the Anaheim series. I do think, and hope, he dresses for a game in the Finals. He's definitely a player I have a lot of respect for, and was really hoping he'd shine as a #5/#6 with the Hawks.

thelos

Bunk
Jul 19, 2011
Would love to hear from Philly fans and have then compare what Timmo was last year versus now. I mean I was a huge fan of this trade. For picks you get an Olympic level D man who plays top 4 minutes. And then he turned out he just can't play. I am shocked at how bad.

He was definitely miles better than this last year, but his footspeed had been noticeably declining the last couple of seasons

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

He was much better and had a strong 2nd half in the season(20.2min per game with 3.42 pp time, 35 points), was strong for us in the olympics, it's sad that he lost so much due to health issues.

Merya

Jokerit & Finland; anti-theist
Sep 23, 2008
Helsinki
Hes a great guy and was a great player. Unfortunately, his age has just caught up to him. [/COLOR]

It's deep vein thrombosis in lungs and legs that got him. Had to be on bloodthinners for half a year and still fought and trained himself to be at least borderline NHL. Give the guy the respect he deserves.

zac

Apr 29, 2009
It's deep vein thrombosis in lungs and legs that got him. Had to be on bloodthinners for half a year and still fought and trained himself to be at least borderline NHL. Give the guy the respect he deserves.

Who isn't giving him the respect he deserves?

He sucks now. This isn't the NFL where you can hide somebody on the bench for an entire game and put them in for one play. You are wasting a valuable spot by putting Kimmo on the bench. Moreover if he plays you are likely jeopardizing the game.

Put his name on the Cup, I don't care. Fact is he doesn't deserve to be on it as he hasn't contributed a damned thing while being on this team. He's a great guy, but past accomplishments don't have precedence over the present. That's not disrespect, rather common sense.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
Who isn't giving him the respect he deserves?

He sucks now. This isn't the NFL where you can hide somebody on the bench for an entire game and put them in for one play. You are wasting a valuable spot by putting Kimmo on the bench. Moreover if he plays you are likely jeopardizing the game.

Put his name on the Cup, I don't care. Fact is he doesn't deserve to be on it as he hasn't contributed a damned thing while being on this team. He's a great guy, but past accomplishments don't have precedence over the present. That's not disrespect, rather common sense.

I was going to post something similar, glad you took the heat. :nod:

I never said he didn't have a stellar career or didn't accomplish a lot in the game of hockey.

I did say he was done, before the trade, just I like I did with Andrew Brunette.

The KT farewell tour does not include automatic inclusion on the Cup, unless he qualifies. I don't think he gets a game in the Finals, but if he does it's moot, he's on the Cup.

Very few players have achieved winning a Stanley Cup, I think about many great players whose names are not on there. You could build one helluva team with guys not on the Cup. If KT is one of those who doesn't get on a Cup, it won't diminish his achievements but it will reinforce just how difficult it is to actually win a Cup.

To think this is a KT vendetta or that he deserves it for his career accomplishments or because he's a great guy is way off base.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I was going to post something similar, glad you took the heat. :nod:

I never said he didn't have a stellar career or didn't accomplish a lot in the game of hockey.

I did say he was done, before the trade, just I like I did with Andrew Brunette.

The KT farewell tour does not include automatic inclusion on the Cup, unless he qualifies. I don't think he gets a game in the Finals, but if he does it's moot, he's on the Cup.

Very few players have achieved winning a Stanley Cup, I think about many great players whose names are not on there. You could build one helluva team with guys not on the Cup. If KT is one of those who doesn't get on a Cup, it won't diminish his achievements but it will reinforce just how difficult it is to actually win a Cup.

To think this is a KT vendetta or that he deserves it for his career accomplishments or because he's a great guy is way off base.

You have made it seem like a vendetta so that is why people (myself included) are bringing that up.

The thing is that he has been a part for the journey to the cup. If TVR plays 1 game he gets his name on the cup but a player who will have played over 70% of playoff games and close to 90% total games possible would not? It makes no sense and the number of games played and the leadership in the room that players have spoke about should get his name on the cup no questions asked. If he would have played very few games I would agree but he has played in a majority of the games and that is a HUGE difference.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
I don't get how you can be so against Timmo getting his name on the cup and being fine with Mayers being included.

He was just as done and didn't see a minute of playoff time.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
with the hawks getting game 1 and securing the split in Tampa at a minimum, I wouldn't mind Kimmo or TVR getting in game 2 even though I didn't have a problem with Rundblad or Cumiskey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia