[KHL] Vladimir Tarasenko traded to SKA Petersburg

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
I don't know, how about safe travel, modern conveniences, playing against the best players in the world, just to name a few things.

Don't want to speculate, but have you been to St. Petersburg? Its like Paris on Steroids, and it is a much nicer city than St. Louis, or pretty much any North American city.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
you contradict yourself. If he wanted to play only for Sibir, he would not go to SKA.

It's not like we know the full story. He might have wanted to win a title and knew he was leaving for the NHL next season. Vlad is the one who said that he wouldn't play for another KHL team besides Sibir, so this is more of a playoff rental type deal, so he can win a title.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
That thread title's a head-turner. :laugh:

Thought he wasn't NHL-bound for a second. Hopefully he's still committed to the Blues.

flamesfan5

Aug 11, 2010
Anyone know what he traded for?

Not that I follow the KHL just curious what it takes to get him.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
What's his name in English? Don't mean to offend, but I can't read Russian unfortunately. :(

you have english version of his name under russian, look at link - Vyacheslav Solodukhin. He played mostly VHL, russian 2nd tier - something like AHL.

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
chances for staying in KHL
yesterday 5%
today 50%

nope yesterday 5%
Today still 5%

I'll bet my life savings on that. The guy wanted to stay in Sibir, said that was the only place in the KHL he would play. Obviously, this is only a temporary move which probably benefited Sibir financially so Tarasenko gave it the okay. He will be in St. Louis next year.

flamesfan5

Aug 11, 2010
So a no name player for a very talented player. Sounds like a Burke - Sutter type of trade :laugh:

Market Street Heroes

Nov 2, 2008
Why would Sibir trade Tarasenko for, essentially, nothing, unless they wanted to make sure they got SOMETHING for him before he jets for the NHL?

I don't believe the chances of him coming to the NHL and the Blues have diminished at all. From everything i've read, the kid is a competitor and wants to play in the far superior league.

LuckyLuke87

May 11, 2010
Prague
Considering that junk Sibir traded him for, it seems they knew for sure he's going to join STL and wanted to get at least something for him. After this trade probability of Tarasenko staying in Russia went from 5% to 0.5%. SKA got themselves great player for PO for free. That's all...

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
can i hate ska's of the world even more? don't think so....this move in any decent self-respecting league would have been voided by the league.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
So, Sibir trades him for very little knowing they have to salvage value knowing he wasn't coming back next season, and suddenly in the span of a day or whatever, Tarasenko's stated dreams of testing himself in the best league in the world are sold out because he's in Russia's rich Eden on Earth compared to the hellhole of St. Louis?

I see, I see. (strokes chin thoughtfully)

You can see from watching his games he won't spend a minute in the AHL – that is zero risk. He's way beyond that skill level. His game is better suited to narrower ice. He'll have a fixed ELC but there are bonus allotments and I'm sure the Blues will be willing to offer him the maximum attainable bonuses they can. The kid is exactly what they need, and they've taken thoughtful care about interacting with him and letting him know how much they want him. Tarasenko knows that the ELC rules are the ELC rules for all players no matter how talented. He's known this for years, all while dreaming of the NHL.

I've seen a bunch of his KHL games this year, the talent is clearly below the NHL and everyone in it knows it. So in order to stay Tarasenko would have to be willing to be bought off for the knowledge about himself whether he truly is one of the best in the world. He'll come over and be a millionaire next year.

pouskin74*

I don't know, how about safe travel, modern conveniences, playing against the best players in the world, just to name a few things.

there is no place in world where you can be 100% in safe, there is a tons of players in KHL who are better hockeyplayers than most of 3-4 liners in NHL and dozens who are better than many 1-2 liners in NHL, you cant name even few things....:laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:

ult

Sep 21, 2009
St.Petersburg is a lot nicer then St.Louis. A Lot nicer.

St. Petersburg

Home rink of SKA.
0120110320skaatlkuz003.jpg

ledringoriginal02.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad