[KHL] Vladimir Tarasenko traded to SKA Petersburg

SirPaste

Jun 30, 2010
STL
My god, I was on the HFBoards front page and saw Tarasenko traded in this forum and almost **** my pants.

We knew he was getting traded in the KHL though, I think this bodes well for the Blues and definately think he will be coming over here this summer now.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Sent: Jan 13, 2012 11:56a

SKA St. Petersburg swoops in at the last moment to snatch Vladimir Tarasenko from Dinamo Moscow. Unsurprising. And troubling for #STLBlues.

sent via web
On Twitter: http://twitter.com/SlavaMalamud/status/157868715180957696

The richest team in the KHL. Why not stay in the KHL making more money than entry level money and not worry about playing in the AHL. Especially with some possible labor strife just around the corner.

BeersHockey

Jun 15, 2011
Chicago, IL

SKA St. Petersburg swoops in at the last moment to snatch Vladimir Tarasenko from Dinamo Moscow. Unsurprising. And troubling for #STLBlues.

sent via web

The richest team in the KHL. Why not stay in the KHL making more money than entry level money and not worry about playing in the AHL. Especially with some possible labor strife just around the corner.

I don't know, how about safe travel, modern conveniences, playing against the best players in the world, just to name a few things.

Jules Winnfield

Fleurymanbad
Mar 19, 2010
I don't know, how about safe travel, modern conveniences, playing against the best players in the world, just to name a few things.

Most Russians will put a lot more $ above everything you just described. :sarcasm:

St. Petersburg is one of the most beautiful cities in the world. It's not like he's playing in Newark.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
He always said he'd only play in the KHL for Sibir. Guess we'll see if he sticks to his word (I beleive he will come over next year, he's not playing in the AHL)

Jim Morrison

Aug 4, 2009
Wow, ok, now I really do think he might stick around in the KHL. He'll be getting so much money from SKA it's not even funny.

Last edited:

CCBC

Feb 18, 2007
Illinois

sent via web

Tarasenko won't sniff the AHL. Probably STL or the KHL.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
He always said he'd only play in the KHL for Sibir. Guess we'll see if he sticks to his word (I beleive he will come over next year, he's not playing in the AHL)

Exactly this. This topic has been brewing on the St. Louis board and it seems that Vlad only wanted to play for Sibir in the KHL and his ultimate goal is the NHL. He will be guaranteed a roster spot on the Blues.

Tarasenko isn't most Russians, something a lot of people seem to be forgetting.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Tarasenko won't come over without a guaranteed NHL contract. He would've had that before this trade.

He is a Blues top prospect, they are waiting for him as a second Jesus incarnation, so he will definitely get as many chances to play in the NHL as any young player can get. And it'll be only up to him. I mean if all those 19-years old canadiens could why he can't? And if he can't then he just sucks.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
it seems that Vlad only wanted to play for Sibir
you contradict yourself. If he wanted to play only for Sibir, he would not go to SKA.

his ultimate goal is the NHL.
I would agree if he played for Dynamo Moscow (as reported). Coming to SKA is another story, I bet they will sign him in summer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad