[KHL] Vladimir Tarasenko traded to SKA Petersburg

Hooch314

Mar 16, 2008
He's right. Hitchcock is a horrendous coach for young players. He's the type of guy you bring in when you are really close to competing for the Cup and don't care much about developing youth.

I hope at some point in life you realize how stupid this statement is.

Something like 20-5 with one of the youngest teams in the league.

Our top guys in icetime are Pietrangelo and Shattenkirk.

The 3 real vets on the team are Arnott, Langenbrunner, Nichol. Arnott is the only one who gets decent ice time.

Tarasenko has already said he is coming here. Sibir wouldn't have given him away if they didn't know it for a fact.

Fulcrum

You have not been to St. Louis. Never in your life.

What does any of this have to do with Hockey? I'm sure "how nice a city is" is pretty close to the bottom of Tarasenko's priority list. The guy is not even married and doesn't have children. It's not like he has to think about his family's comfort levels or anything.

I'm 95% sure he's coming to the NHL unless there is a lock out or something goes horribly wrong with his STL contract. There are no indicators at all that he will stay, and there are lot of reasons why he'll come over. Just common sense.

Bure

Jan 3, 2011
Ottawa, Ontario
I noticed that all the "Tarasenko will now stay in rich, glorious eden St. Petersburg" talk has dried up.

Huh.

It has nothing to do with his decision, I was just replying to the guy who thinks Russia is a third world country.

Tarasenko, is coming to St.Louis next year, not because of the city, but to play in the best league in the world. Just like any other Euro player does.

Dynamo81

Mar 21, 2008
Aussie in Moscow
PocketNines continuing to dig his own grave :laugh:

pouskin74 never said the KHL is the best league in the World but he has made you(PocketNines) look like an ignorant little teen who has never left home. :laugh:

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
To everyone bagging on Saint Petersburg, it is one of the nicest cities I have had the pleasure of visiting in Europe, although I did it in the summer time, which seems to be the right time to be there.

If I was the Blues I would be a little wary of this move. They spend a lot of money, I think Tarasenko still plans on playing in the NHL, but his situation in Russia has improved today in my opinion.

Dynamo81

Mar 21, 2008
Aussie in Moscow
To everyone bagging on Saint Petersburg, it is one of the nicest cities I have had the pleasure of visiting in Europe, although I did it in the summer time, which seems to be the right time to be there.

If I was the Blues I would be a little wary of this move. They spend a lot of money, I think Tarasenko still plans on playing in the NHL, but his situation in Russia has improved today in my opinion.

Most Europeans consider St.Petersburg to be one of the beautifulest cities in Europe. I agree with you on the second comment. Eventually he has to go to the NHL any quality player would always be eager to test themselves at the highest level.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I hope at some point in life you realize how stupid this statement is.

Something like 20-5 with one of the youngest teams in the league.

Our top guys in icetime are Pietrangelo and Shattenkirk.

The 3 real vets on the team are Arnott, Langenbrunner, Nichol. Arnott is the only one who gets decent ice time.

Tarasenko has already said he is coming here. Sibir wouldn't have given him away if they didn't know it for a fact.

Hitch is notoriously hard on young players, be glad most of those guys experienced large parts of their growing pains before he showed up. Watch closely what he does with the guys coming up. He is a very good coach, but he burns players out and has a tendency in past stops to turn his young players against him.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Most Europeans consider St.Petersburg to be one of the beautifulest cities in Europe. I agree with you on the second comment. Eventually he has to go to the NHL any quality player would always be eager to test themselves at the highest level.

I just think especially with CBA uncertainty, he could very well sign a one year deal at huge money in Russia. They are one of the teams that could do that without thinking twice about it. Not to mention if I was a young Russian, I would wait until the CBA was ratified and assured me I got to play in Sochi, before I considered coming across the pond. If it isn't agreed upon and I am Tarasenko I sign a three year tax free big money deal, come over after my Olympic experience. The chance to play in the Olympic games in your home country and actually make more money while waiting to do it, in an amazing place to live, in a culture I am comfortable with, seems like a pretty good option. Come play in the NHL in 2015, might make Blues fans angry but this is now an option he has. I wouldn't do anything if I was him until he gets a good look at the CBA decisions.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
PocketNines continuing to dig his own grave :laugh:

pouskin74 never said the KHL is the best league in the World but he has made you(PocketNines) look like an ignorant little teen who has never left home. :laugh:

Lighten up, Nancy. You obviously missed the original joke which was him saying there are "tons of" players in the KHL better than nearly all 3d-4th liners and "many" better than 1-2 liners in the NHL. I watch the KHL and it's an ok league with a lot of guys who couldn't hack it in the NHL and his statement is literally Pejorative Slured. He went over the top and threw in the mocking emoticon to emphasize he meant it, and so yes, I'm making fun of him.

"Dig his own grave"!!! Oh so serious. Oh noes!!! teh GRAVES!

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands

It is utterly irrelevant how nice or not nice St. Petersburg is because on April 30 of this year, his Russian rights transfer back to Sibir.

As I posted earlier in this thread. Which should inform your opinion about whether his situation in Russia "has improved today." All it does is confirm that Sibir knows he's gone next year which is why they rented him out so he doesn't leave and they get nothing. (If they knew he was on the fence about staying, they'd try to show their commitmemnt by keeping him and trying to sign him to a new contract since his expires this year.

By getting back his rights on April 30, if he ever were to go back to Russia, Sibir (his hometown team) would own his rights. All that happened in this trade to SKA is it made it even more likely he's coming over next year.

pouskin74*

Lighten up, Nancy. You obviously missed the original joke which was him saying there are "tons of" players in the KHL better than nearly all 3d-4th liners and "many" better than 1-2 liners in the NHL. I watch the KHL and it's an ok league with a lot of guys who couldn't hack it in the NHL and his statement is literally Pejorative Slured. He went over the top and threw in the mocking emoticon to emphasize he meant it, and so yes, I'm making fun of him.

"Dig his own grave"!!! Oh so serious. Oh noes!!! teh GRAVES!

what have you been watching? Continental hockey league?? CHL?:sarcasm:lies is detected here and you making fun of me? lolwut?:laugh:

pouskin74*

PocketNines

just for example, guys like Grachev,Nichol,Polak,Reaves(not even talking about guys who have less than 10 games in season) from St.Louis wouldnt make top line in several clubs in KHL. Hope you understand what it means?:sarcasm: And i am not making even fun of you:laugh:

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
PocketNines

just for example, guys like Grachev,Nichol,Polak,Reaves(not even talking about guys who have less than 10 games in season) from St.Louis wouldnt make top line in several clubs in KHL. Hope you understand what it means?:sarcasm: And i am not making even fun of you:laugh:

You totally nailed me! Great point about Polak not being a top line forward in the KHL. Holy crap how do you do it?

Are we really having an argument about KHL vs. NHL in terms of talent? Just checking to make sure it's still real life.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
PocketNines

I wasn't on board with the bashing of cities.

But the KHL might be a slight upgrade over the AHL, it is far off from the NHL in talent. For the guys you just named, it is easy to come back with Bochenski (6th in scoring), Dallman (top scoring D man), Platt, and Thoresen as guys that have had great success that were unable to make any dents whatsoever in the NHL. Of the listed players their track records in Russia do not differ largely from their outputs in the AHL. Yes the first lines and first d pairings are better than most AHL rosters. But I would say the KHL is much closer to the AHL in terms of over all talent than it is the NHL. Nichol for instance would probably see a great increase in his production in that level and would in fact be playing a bigger role over there as he has done in the past on lower levels of hockey. Polak would also probably play in the top four D in the KHL. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, mine could be completely wrong, but that is what I see. It also shows when watching the speed of the players and the pace of the game in the KHL it reminds me more of AHL level quality.

pouskin74*

Are we really having an argument about KHL vs. NHL in terms of talent? Just checking to make sure it's still real life.

no doubt NHL is best league in world but in reality there is a many players in Europe who are not any worse than 1-2 line players in NHL.(and i am not talking about 3-4 liners) There is really very strong clubs but weak ones as well, so... Can you explain me why players like Nikitin,Grachev,Voinov,Orlov,Dadonov,Loktionov,Babchuk,Tyutin,Emelin,Burmistrov( if we talking just about russians) for example are in NHL but Tarasenko,Kuznetsov,Nikulin,Grebeshkov,Medvedev,Koltzov,Radulov,Marozov,Igor Grigorenko,Chipachyov,Chudinov are not? Playing in NHL dosnt mean "definitely" best you know:sarcasm: I am still living in real life but not sure about you.

pouskin74*

I wasn't on board with the bashing of cities.

But the KHL might be a slight upgrade over the AHL, it is far off from the NHL in talent. For the guys you just named, it is easy to come back with Bochenski (6th in scoring), Dallman (top scoring D man), Platt, and Thoresen as guys that have had great success that were unable to make any dents whatsoever in the NHL.

Hockey in Russia is bit different than in NHL(style,rink is bigger..) and we have another examples when NHL star(LeCavalier,Kovalchuk for example) players were not able to show anything special but even worse ,they failed. Just latest example, Jaromir Jagr has similar stats in KHl as he is having currently in NHL. Frolov is at same pace in scoring currently as he was last year in NHL. Nabokov failed big time in KHL last year but is main goalie in Islanders right now and so on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad