[KHL] Vladimir Tarasenko traded to SKA Petersburg

sina220*

St.Petersburg is a lot nicer then St.Louis. A Lot nicer.

And a lot more expensive. Moscow and St. Petersburg have 2 of the highest costs of living in the world.

Making a mil in st. Louis would be akin to making 2 or 3 in st. Petersburg.

Zeroknowledge*

:laugh: lol thanks for the early morning laughs, I needed that.

Oh please, he is known for giving first and second year players hell for icetime, no wonder very fee jackets players did reach their potential, great coach yea but I question is handling of rookies more than any other NHL coach.

And don't be shocked to see Tarasenko signing a 4-5 million dollar a year to stay there at this point, nice city, rich team, lots more money. He will definitely consider it.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Oh please, he is known for giving first and second year players hell for icetime, no wonder very fee jackets players did reach their potential, great coach yea but I question is handling of rookies more than any other NHL coach.

And don't be shocked to see Tarasenko signing a 4-5 million dollar a year to stay there at this point, nice city, rich team, lots more money. He will definitely consider it.

I guess people don't understand one thing. Tarasenko is a young kid, and young kids are always curios. He for sure wanna see a new country, new world almost, play in a new hockey league... If he'd be 25 years old man then there will be a lot more chances him to stay in Russia. But as a 20 years old I'm sure he wanna taste a bit of America. And you can't say he'll play for nothing. His ELC will be big enough.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
there is no place in world where you can be 100% in safe, there is a tons of players in KHL who are better hockeyplayers than most of 3-4 liners in NHL and dozens who are better than many 1-2 liners in NHL, you cant name even few things....:laugh:

Aw that is *so cute.* You guys and your KHL.

KHL so good super #1 league!

Last edited by a moderator:

Multimoodia

Sicker Than Usual
Nov 6, 2010
The Range
St. Pete has some absolutely gorgeous areas and overall is a much more pleasant and cosmopolitan city than St. Louis. I doubt anyone who has experienced both would argue.

there is a tons of players in KHL who are better hockeyplayers than most of 3-4 liners in NHL and dozens who are better than many 1-2 liners in NHL

You were fine until this point, now...less sense.

Regardless, if Tarasenko wants to play in the premier league in the world and not settle for second-class he will be playing for St. Louis next year. Less desirable city or not, St. Louis is where his career should go.

Last edited by a moderator:

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006

Hmmm... have you seen the ice time for Alex Pietrangelo and Kevin Shattenkirk?

barneyg

Apr 22, 2007
Hmmm... have you seen the ice time for Alex Pietrangelo and Kevin Shattenkirk?

...or Brenden Morrow, Jamie Langenbrunner, Jeff Carter, Mike Richards, Joni Pitkanen.. or Nikolai Zherdev, his best year (sophomore season) under Hitchcock?

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
He's right. Hitchcock is a horrendous coach for young players. He's the type of guy you bring in when you are really close to competing for the Cup and don't care much about developing youth.

Wow that's so interesting. Because to me it totally seems like the Blues are loaded with young players and are 19-5-6 under Hitchcock and he's a Jack Adams candidate, but what do I know, I just watch every game.

Ice time:
1. Pietrangelo (21): 24:11
2. Shattenkirk (22): 21:28
3. Jackman (30): 20:04
4. Backes (27): 19:42
5. Steen (27): 19:31
6. Oshie (25): 19:03
7. Colaiacovo (28): 18:56
8. Polak (26): 18:48
9. Perron (23): 18:09
10. Berglund (23): 17:49

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
@AlexSerenRosso AlessandroSerenRosso
It was also confirmed that Tarasenko's #KHL rights will be moved back to Sibir after 04/30. This screams NHL to me #StlBlues

I don't get it. I mean it's like Tarasenko means it when he says he's going to the NHL or something.

pouskin74*

Name them.

At first i want to say that we have seen many times in WC how Team USA ( made mostly by NHL 2-3-4 liners) are manhandled by many teams from Europe. Secondly, if someone did not made success in NHL dosnt mean he is worse than who made it because we have seen many times when people from NHL did not do well in KHL, so...
better than many 1-2-3- liners in NHL? I am not going to talk about 4 liners. sometimes you can just wonder why did they made the roster at all:D
Radulov,Marozov,Mortensson,Tarasenko,Frolov,Weinhandl,Kalinin, Igor Grigorenko,Zherdev,Immonnen,Grebeshkov,Kuznetsov,Kapanen,Sharipov,Chudinov,Shipachov,Zbynek Irgl,Thornberg,Niskala,Nikulin,Kontiola,Koltzov,Dallman,Afinogenov,Nagy...just out of mind

pouskin74*

Kennedy,Fraser,Adam Hall, Pechkam,Nichol,Thorburn,Macenauer,Hendricks,Tyrell,Babchuk,Gordon ..list goes on.....and many-many other players who have outstanding lebel on forehead-fulltime NHL players!!! is it the almighty level we talking about??:sarcasm:

taylord22

Mar 30, 2009
Someone saying Hitchcock ruining Russians and youngsters, and/or having a trap system have become a good indicator for a lack of hockey knowledge.

Leaps in logic at the very least.

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
I'm not here to promote the KHL but its easy to see how Jagr spent 3 years there and only flirted with ppg and now continues to be a very magical NHL player. Another guy Nikitin, was an average guy on the same team as Jagr and is now a #1 NHL defenseman loading up 25 min. a game. Its a different game over there, I think a lot of NHL teams would have a difficult time playing against the puck management system which Detroit cripples teams with. I think that SKA would punish any NHL team except for Detroit due to the style of play and skill of their team. SKA goalie is only soft spot.
Anyways at the very least KHL is great at developing talents as it slowly grooms them to stardom. It gives them great polish before they come to the NHL. St. Louis will be happy with what is has done for Tarasenko. Tarasenko, Kuznetsov, and Panarin are 3 best top young guys in Russia.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
I'm not here to promote the KHL but its easy to see how Jagr spent 3 years there and only flirted with ppg and now continues to be a very magical NHL player. Another guy Nikitin, was an average guy on the same team as Jagr and is now a #1 NHL defenseman loading up 25 min. a game. Its a different game over there, I think a lot of NHL teams would have a difficult time playing against the puck management system which Detroit cripples teams with. I think that SKA would punish any NHL team except for Detroit due to the style of play and skill of their team. SKA goalie is only soft spot.
Anyways at the very least KHL is great at developing talents as it slowly grooms them to stardom. It gives them great polish before they come to the NHL. St. Louis will be happy with what is has done for Tarasenko. Tarasenko, Kuznetsov, and Panarin are 3 best top young guys in Russia.

lolwut?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad