KHL Trades, Rumors and Free Agent Talk Part 6

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
it is the papers what matter here and so far we can't see any contract registered in the KHL database. On the other hand, if it will appear there, then it will mean Spartak has something to register there, so makes sense to refresh his KHL profile page from time to time.
So they announced the signing (usually meaning there is a done deal in place) but haven't registered the contract in a week (almost certainly confirming there was no set deal in place at the time). From everything that came out until now, Indrasis is to blame that it took him a week to come out with any kind of statement or explanation. Everything else, however, is just a terrible look for Spartak.

Good thing for them this is the KHL so there is inevitably going to be a new tire fire in a few days and everyone will forget about this one.

• Haha
Reactions: Jussi

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Well Indrasis mother admitted her son signed a contract and said he had problems with one of his kids' health and needed a lot of money for treatment.

Well I think he can now ask Latvian government or patriots for help. Will they help him, I wonder.

And now Kalnins signs a contract with Amur and this time he even explains that he doesn't care about what people say and he expects big shitstorm but he needs money.

Rigafan

Jul 28, 2016
Europe
Well Indrasis mother admitted her son signed a contract and said he had problems with one of his kids' health and needed a lot of money for treatment.

Well I think he can now ask Latvian government or patriots for help. Will they help him, I wonder.

And now Kalnins signs a contract with Amur and this time he even explains that he doesn't care about what people say and he expects big shitstorm but he needs money.

I highly doubt that Indrasis needed money to pay for some medical bills!

barriers

Feb 10, 2020
This guy isn't great with providing sources but he often has stuff like this right

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
With current ruble the cap in the KHL is $17M. As far as I remember, SHL teams have budgets about $4-5M, and those are full budgets not salary ones. Then factor taxation into the budgets, and 5 times becomes pretty generous for the SHL.

for the 19/20 season Färjestad paid the most in salary at about $9.7M and Oskarshamn paid the least at $4.1M. (With todays exchange rate Swedish krona to USD)

Last edited:

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
for the 19/20 season Färjestad paid the most in salary at about $9.7M and Oskarshamn paid the least at $4.1M. (With todays exchange rate Swedish krona to USD)

Those numbers are for the entire organisation and not solely the players’ expenses. It also includes the payroll tax (arbersgivaravgift) and other taxations/costs which boosts up those numbers significantly.

Here are more accurate numbers from the beginning of the same season as the EY report, citing that Oskarshamn had a salary budget of 28 MSEK (2.67 MUSD), and some teams had salary payments of over 50 MSEK (4.77 MUSD).

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
Thank you. It looks like SHL salaries are more or less on par with NLA's.
I know that several players have stated that salaries are about the same. The difference being that the net income in Switzerland equals the pre-tax income in Sweden.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Those numbers are for the entire organisation and not solely the players’ expenses. It also includes the payroll tax (arbersgivaravgift) and other taxations/costs which boosts up those numbers significantly.

Here are more accurate numbers from the beginning of the same season as the EY report, citing that Oskarshamn had a salary budget of 28 MSEK (2.67 MUSD), and some teams had salary payments of over 50 MSEK (4.77 MUSD).

Ah, the fact that it's the entire organisation I should have been able to figure out myself, I was foolishly thinking players and staff. But thanks for clearing up about the arbetsgivaravgift, I guess it makes sense. As an employee and someone who is not an accountant you kind of forget that it even exists.. :laugh:

Reactions: Exarz

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
Tough situation. From what I've read the contract was already signed before February 24 but became official today as his contract expired. Comments on social media regarding Claeson have been quite heated, will be interesting to see whether he will to terminate his contract or not.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Tough situation. From what I've read the contract was already signed before February 24 but became official today as his contract expired. Comments on social media regarding Claeson have been quite heated, will be interesting to see whether he will to terminate his contract or not.
Sounds indeed strange, you know: in the case with Avtomobilist's Finnish players their agents didn't announce it like that, as it would look just stupid to announce it (in such a manner like it is here) and then to try to terminate it.

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
Sounds indeed strange, you know: in the case with Avtomobilist's Finnish players their agents didn't announce it like that, as it would look just stupid to announce it (in such a manner like it is here) and then to try to terminate it.
The other side of the coin is that Djurgården's GM has stated in media that they have had continuous contact with him regarding a comeback for next season, and media has reported this spring that he was close to signing in Switzerland. So the sources stating that he signed with CSKA already in January or February might just be an attempted smokescreen to justify his contract.

Then again, he might've had offers from Switzerland but CSKA has refused to terminate his contract.

AlexanderSemin21

Jun 2, 2022
Medellín, Colombia
Some rumours from the KZ media are saying that Jakob Lilja will go to Dynamo Moscow. Like Indrasis he was in a tough spot because he wanted out of Russia, we will se how this goes.

Also, with the open market in the NHL, i wonder if guys like Kostin, Maltsev or Galchenyuk end up in the KHL.

aonb

Oct 26, 2013
zherdev on a tryout in minsk lmao, fingers crossed he somehow makes the team

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad