KHL Trades, Rumors and Free Agent Talk Part 6

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Yeah, the stupid decision by KHL not to continue the season is forcing players to find pay and pt elsehwere.
I always wanted marginal KHL players or even average ones to start moving to Europe, to grow and see the work ethic for less money.
Paigin isn't alone, a few made a jump recently. Liga is becoming a Russian tournament :)

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
paigin, good khler and captain for torpedi signs with timrå in shl. :huh:
Their season is over, guys just want to play hockey wherever. Otherwise, they would have to basically go on hiatus for half a year. It's not like he signed a 3-year deal, undoubtedly he will be back next season.

Last edited:
Reactions: Section Netherlands

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
hmmm. i did not know that. will be interesting to see which other khlers signs in other leagues. Seems like Liiga is the first choice for many. 14 russians in Liiga right now.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
hmmm. i did not know that.
Lenc was the first to sign in the SHL almost 2 weeks ago. Guys obviously started to look for spots immediately after the cancelation was announced.

Regarding the leagues, the difference between guys moving to SHL and Liiga is obvious. Liiga is more of an alternative to the guys who don't want to be stuck in the VHL. Nikolishin is far and away the best skater playing there but even he had to start the year in the VHL.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Sulak extends with Admiral, big win for them.

Now he's signed thru the end of the year with Örebro. Are these more like loan moves or is Sulak's contract with Admiral now finished? I get that he'll probably return to the KHL for next season but are his rights owned by Admiral since he extended thru 2023 with them or can he go wherever he wants in the summer?

Audette moved to Örebro too - his contract with Vityaz was over in the spring so does he and others making these moves who have contracts ending just become typical free agents this summer I assume?

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Now he's signed thru the end of the year with Örebro. Are these more like loan moves or is Sulak's contract with Admiral now finished? I get that he'll probably return to the KHL for next season but are his rights owned by Admiral since he extended thru 2023 with them or can he go wherever he wants in the summer?

Audette moved to Örebro too - his contract with Vityaz was over in the spring so does he and others making these moves who have contracts ending just become typical free agents this summer I assume?
Yes, all guys who sign elsewhere have been released from their contracts so the only thing teams might have is some kind of gentleman's agreement.

Reactions: BKarchitect

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki

The first eight Jokerit players have left the club. Kossila, Leskinen, and Sklenicka all had contracts stretching past this season.

Reactions: Jussi

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Shipachyov, Galiyev, and Voynov traded from Dynamo Moscow to Ak Bars Kazan for 1000 rubles ($14).

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Shipachyov, Galiyev, and Voynov traded from Dynamo Moscow to Ak Bars Kazan for 1000 rubles ($14).
Not yet though but likely will be soon. The most strange part is even not the trade itself (as there were rumors about it already at the deadline), but that they didn't get any young player in return, I'm sure Ak Bars has some they don't need too much. Although probably not so strange, just Safronov being Safronov.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Trade is now completed, but without Galiyev, I guess he costs more than that. :sarcasm: Seriously though Ak Bars decided that they prefer to spend the cap space on Kirill Semyonov instead.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Metsola who supposedly signed with Avto - the only team that has announced meaningful import signings so far - has been rumored to move to Kloten.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Severstal lets Shostak go, very suspicious since I'm fairly sure they lose his rights this way, don't they? They might have some kind of gentlemen's agreement but at the same time, they know Minsk will be going after him in the summer.
According to this article it is a "loan" - but not sure how transactions work in the KHL.

Also curious, since Severstal has no goalies listed on its current roster according to EP, who is projected to be the club's goalie?

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Also curious, since Severstal has no goalies listed on its current roster according to EP, who is projected to be the club's goalie?
They do have both Podyapolsky and Shugayev under contract for another year, no changes there. The team's page on EP just isn't fully updated (maybe they do that on July 1st), if you check any of those guys personally it does show they are under contract.

Neftekhimik announced signing Anthony Camara, 5th in scoring on Pardubice last year so, once again, one can only guess if that's a guy that would be playing in the KHL under different circumstances. It's Neftekhimik though, so, maybe.

Knight staying in Avangard is probably the biggest win for any team so far. And they take Boucher back because of course they do.

Last edited:

barriers

Feb 10, 2020
Report: Panthers' Mamin returning to KHL
...According to Russian news outlet TASS, Mamin, a pending unrestricted free agent, has signed a three-year contract with CSKA Moscow, who he has spent six previous seasons in his career with.

Hadn't seen ths posted yet.

Meanwhile, with the firesale Dynamo has been having lately I'm surprised Jaskin's rights haven't been moved yet. The report linking him to Kazan was probably bunk but I expected the rights (unless I'm mistaken about his rights being owned still) to have been sold off by now.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Yes, all guys who sign elsewhere have been released from their contracts so the only thing teams might have is some kind of gentleman's agreement.
EliteProspects lists Sulak as signed by Admiral for 2022-23. Is that a mistake on their part or is he returning to the KHL?

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00