KHL Trades, Rumors and Free Agent Talk Part 6

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Teemu Pulkkinen signs with Dinamo Minsk, 1 year deal.
- i guess, he either takes one step backwards to take two forwards
or he has returned to Europe for good, i put my money on first

Anything from 20, 30, 40 goals are possible for Pulkcannon in the KHL.

I still believe in Pulky, this is not the last time...he'll get back to NA one day.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I put my money on 2nd and we can bet he won't score more than 25. Good get by Minsk though.

powerplaymaker

Mar 5, 2018
Helsinki
Jokerit is rumored to be after a young gun Vesalainen. Ska owns his player rights and I don't see any chance they would give/trade/sell them to Jokerit.

Jokerit might have some interestin player rights to trade but I don't see any sense from ska:s viewpoint in this hypotetical situation...

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Jokerit is rumored to be after a young gun Vesalainen. Ska owns his player rights and I don't see any chance they would give/trade/sell them to Jokerit.

Jokerit might have some interestin player rights to trade but I don't see any sense from ska:s viewpoint in this hypotetical situation...
Fine, I see you. I have a question. Do you remember a foreign player under 20 who was signed by SKA during KHL era? Or, any other top RUS team? Would be great if such young guys coming to the KHL regularly, of course.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012

The sense from SKA point of view is that if they believe Vesalainen is going to be NHLer in 3 years there is no point for them to hold onto his rights. Might as well get some money for an asset they won't be able to use.

powerplaymaker

Mar 5, 2018
Helsinki
Fine, I see you. I have a question. Do you remember a foreign player under 20 who was signed by SKA during KHL era? Or, any other top RUS team? Would be great if such young guys coming to the KHL regularly, of course.

I have to say that I don't remember any right now.

But that wasn't my point. Point was that if Ska asked for a reasonable sum for the rights wich Jokerit would be willing to pay, Ska wolud strengthen it's rival in the same division.

It would not be the first time that ska would hold on to the rights of some player that they don't even want. Like Cervenka.

We'll see and I truly hope that they will trade the rights and Vesalainen comes to Jokerit.

Edit:

The sense from SKA point of view is that if they believe Vesalainen is going to be NHLer in 3 years there is no point for them to hold onto his rights. Might as well get some money for an asset they won't be able to use.

That's a good point.

I think Ska would benefit more if they hold on to the rights and dont give Jokerit an extra player (see: young player, khl roster rules etc.. you know).

Ska has so much money behind them that little pennies from Jokerit wont make a big of a difference. Would be a drop in the ocean.

Insted they can "weaken" their rival. That might be worth the money.

I think Vesalainen is NHL-ready next year. Might be already...​

Last edited:

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I don't think they SKA considers Vesalainen to be a difference maker. If SKA doesn't let Jokerit have it Jokerit will just go out and get themselves another player of comparable quality and SKA will just get nothing out of it. In Cervenka's case, the team would be getting a star player. In Vesalainen's case, it's a player who starts a season as a 3rd liner, most likely.

powerplaymaker

Mar 5, 2018
Helsinki
I don't think they SKA considers Vesalainen to be a difference maker. If SKA doesn't let Jokerit have it Jokerit will just go out and get themselves another player of comparable quality and SKA will just get nothing out of it. In Cervenka's case, the team would be getting a star player. In Vesalainen's case, it's a player who starts a season as a 3rd liner, most likely.

I'd say Vesalainen is a potential star player considering his age and status as a junior player in the KHL rules. A bit like Tolvanen. Of course it's Jokerit who has to take those risks that player might not live up to that potential. As Ska does not have to take those risks in order to come up with a competitive roster.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I'd say Vesalainen is a potential star player considering his age and status as a junior player in the KHL rules. A bit like Tolvanen. Of course it's Jokerit who has to take those risks that player might not live up to that potential. As Ska does not have to take those risks in order to come up with a competitive roster.

As I posted in the other thread, I think Vesalainen and his agent are waiting for the Jets to re-sign the necessary players and then see how much room they have in their cap.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
So Ak Bars bring in Postma to replace Tokranov while SKA "trades" Dyblenko to Spartak, how very nice of them.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
LOL to replace Tokranov is a good one. Ohtamaa maybe.
Yes offensive defenseman playing on the right is being brought in to replace defensive defenseman playing on the left. Right on as usual :facepalm: Obviously Ak Bars were looking for someone to replace Tokranov's offense first and foremost.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Yes offensive defenseman playing on the right is being brought in to replace defensive defenseman playing on the left. Right on as usual :facepalm: Obviously Ak Bars were looking for someone to replace Tokranov's offense first and foremost.
Postma... an OD... in the KHL... Just get sober.

His grand total of pts is 41 in the last five(!) seasons and 190gp in the AHL and NHL.

Let me introduce to you Andrei Pedan. 26 pts in the AHL over the course of 52 games last season.

And I don't like the Pedan signing much for now.

Just don't try too hard to look like an expert. I don't pretend to know much about everything and everyone, but I know a thing or two about players my team signs. As well as it's former players.

Anymore "offensive defencemen" who can't score points for the last half-decade out there to sign?

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Postma... an OD... in the KHL... Just get sober.

His grand total of pts is 41 in the last five(!) seasons and 190gp in the AHL and NHL.

<...>

Just don't try too hard to look like an expert. I don't pretend to know much about everything and everyone, but I know a thing or two about players my team signs. As well as it's former players.

Anymore "offensive defencemen" who can't score points for the last half-decade out there to sign?

He is at 0.64 career PPG in the AHL and your "shocking" grand total is only a result of mostly playing garbage minutes (or not playing at all) in the NHL for the better part of those seasons. Postma has some serious offensive skill and that's why he was chosen because Ak Bars need some Ds that can replace Tokranov's production and play on PP. They are very much comparable, the only real difference is Tokranov is leftie playing on the right rather than an actual rightie. Comparables between Ohtamaa and Postma are that they are both imports and that their surnames end with the same letter. That's more or less it.

You admit to not know much after arguing just for the sake of it just looks silly. You know a thing or two about the players your team signs yet you were about to send Galiev to the VHL when he was signed because in your eyes every AHL player is a plug. So much for that knowledge.

And therein lies the problem, really. You think you know more because this particular player happened to signed with Ak Bars and not some other team. "I know a thing or two about players my team signs". Meaning what? You get a memo from the club two weeks ago to make yourself a scouting report on a guy they are eyeing? How are we not on the level ground here? Few months into the season - sure, you will be seeing a lot more of him than I will - but now?

Last edited:

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
He is at 0.64 career PPG in the AHL and your "shocking" grand total is only a result of mostly playing garbage minutes (or not playing at all) in the NHL for the better part of those seasons. Postma has some serious offensive skill and that's why he was chosen because Ak Bars need some Ds that can replace Tokranov's production and play on PP. They are very much comparable, the only real difference is Tokranov is leftie playing on the right rather than an actual rightie. Comparables between Ohtamaa and Postma are that they are both imports and that their surnames end with the same letter. That's more or less it.

You admit to not know much after arguing just for the sake of it just looks silly. You know a thing or two about the players your team signs yet you were about to send Galiev to the VHL when he was signed because in your eyes every AHL player is a plug. So much for that knowledge.

And therein lies the problem, really. You think you know more because this particular player happened to signed with Ak Bars and not some other team. "I know a thing or two about players my team signs". Meaning what? You get a memo from the club two weeks ago to make yourself a scouting report on a guy they are eyeing? How are we not on the level ground here? Few months into the season - sure, you will be seeing a lot more of him than I will - but now?
LOL career ppg. Yes, totally, because we sign his career not the player right here and now. I find Pavel Bure's career numbers very intriguing. We should sign him ASAP.

And don't embarass yourself with Galiev once again. You still have no clue about him. Ppl like you are not watching hockey. Ppl like you were in awe with Kitsyn. Ppl like you are obviously have jobs in the NHL. Doesn't make them less stupid. Galiev is a slightly better version of Kitsyn. As long as he has his Kuznetsov ppl like you will praise him. Then they will make the puzzled look when he falls flat on his face when not playing with the best playmakers and top skilled guys on the team. He is a replaceable sidekick with the right name. Any of our 4th liners would score the same numbers on that line.

And yes, I get inside input from time to time from the team. It's inevitable. I live here. I don't pursue it. I am no journalist, but I know from time to time in advance who the team wants to get and why. The thing is I don't agree with what those in charge do every time. Postma is just another panic button signing. Yes, Burmistrov and Klinkhammer and all. Basically the typical thing. A guy some guys you know know and they said he's okay. That's not exactly what I expect from scouting.

And of course you have no idea how the team is built. Nobody is trying to "replace" the "great" Tokranov. There are more than enough defencemen in the system. That is one of the reasons I don't like the signing. We did not exactly need it desperately. It is just the usual depth improving by quantity instead of quality.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
LOL career ppg. Yes, totally, because we sign his career not the player right here and now. I find Pavel Bure's career numbers very intriguing. We should sign him ASAP.
He scored 12 points in 17 games in the AHL last season. How about that?

Also, you give me flack for not watching hockey while giving stat-watcher's argument about how Postma hasn't scored many points so isn't an offensive defenseman completely ignoring the circumstances that lead to it..

Anyway, you obviously will get triggered no matter what I say so lets drop it. Again, I admire your audacity to write "don't embarass yourself with Galiev once again" when you are the one who embarrassed himself completely while I got it pretty much right. Also good job comparing top goalscorer of the KHL playoffs to the guy who was sort of ok in the ECHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad