KHL Season 2022-23

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
really? you don't know Russian and can't use google?
I just did and indeed there was an incident with him driving when he hit a cyclist and it resulted in his death, so my bad, missed those news. However I still think that providing a source for that kind of stuff is kind of a good manners thing, so I'm not sure why you are reacting like that.

kp61c

Apr 3, 2012
separate civilization
I just did and indeed there was an incident with him driving when he hit a cyclist and it resulted in his death, so my bad, missed those news. However I still think that providing a source for that kind of stuff is kind of a good manners thing, so I'm not sure why you are reacting like that.
the story was all over the place then, now it was dragged out in connection with today's story. it seemed strange to ask for a source.
Edit: Looks like it was a false report and he is innocent after all.

Last edited:

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Ezhov against Admiral might be one of the worst performances I've ever seen from a goalie in playoffs. Props to Admiral for well-deserved win, they showed the grit and will to fight at all times. Now hoping for them to tire Ak Bars as much as they can.
Ezhov always was a mediocre goalie

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
Severstal takes it to 7th game against CSKA, Torpedo eliminating Dynamo in six... This was one of the best first round in KHL's entire existence and the only reason I'm not saying "definitely the best" is I don't remember some seasons at all haha. I hope it won't be more one-sided in the second round. We are in for a treat.

Reactions: Mawwerg and Rigafan

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Severstal takes it to 7th game against CSKA, Torpedo eliminating Dynamo in six... This was one of the best first round in KHL's entire existence and the only reason I'm not saying "definitely the best" is I don't remember some seasons at all haha. I hope it won't be more one-sided in the second round. We are in for a treat.
Riga eliminating SKA's All-Star team is tough to beat, Torpedo were the favorites to win that one standings-wise, after all. They might win the prize for the most miraculous season overall in the league's history though.

Yellow and the green

Dec 26, 2020
I don't think its that suprising when you see Rotenberg on the bench. What Merit did he even have to be the main coach besides being a oligarch?
edit mistaken the two ska clubs

Last edited:

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
The first playoff round average attendance is 7 660 spectators per game (48) with an occupancy at 90,4%. Two games of 2nd round were played so far, total attendance is 20 569 fans. All-time record for Gagarin Cup total attendance is ~ 696 000 fans.

Reactions: Rigafan

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Four games of 2nd round were played so far, total attendance is 40 879 fans.

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
All conference SF series are now 2-0 but every single game was fantastic with losers having chances to win till last minute. Great post-season so far. To be fair I didn't have a lot of expectation from Avangard but we've looked quite good. Not ideal yet it might be enough to keep going in the east. Couldn't watch much of western games honestly, not sure about their level.

Reactions: Mawwerg and vorky

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
This sequence of the ref jumping onto the net was hilarious, thanks for posting it. I had no time to take a pic of it during the game lol. Now the scorelines for AKB-ADM series is 3-2, 2-1 and 1-0 with the last one being in favour of Admiral. They've slowly drained Ak Bars and are on course to beat them with minus goals on Wednesday. Beautiful. I have so much respect for Tambijevs & the boys. I didn't even think I'd realistically see Admiral in playoffs in recent years honestly and now look at where they are.

SKA destroyed NN today which is probably the "meh"est pairing of all so far despite having energetic hockey. Feels a little bit too one-sided to me. Though I can see it getting way more exciting if Torpedo can get the next win at home. They are young, unpredictable, able to score. A lot of things can go wrong for SKA. I'm rooting for a fifth game at least.

Maybe with the exception of Avangard-Magnitka series, all winners are quite predictable this time around but after the great first round we had, I'm not complaining. Matches are not that bad anyway.

Mawwerg

Nov 7, 2017
Ak Bars won 2-1 in overtime in Vladivostok and is very close to conference final.

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
Does anyone know what happened to Artyom Manukyan? Albeit solely based on numbers, I was quite excited with him in the long run for Avangard but it looks like his career just didn't go anywhere... Apparently he spent this season at three different teams in VHL, having just a total of 17 apps for them. How did he go from dominating younger categories so hard to this? I know he's physically small (relatively) but this alone shouldn't destroy one's career, right? Maybe it prevents him from being a highly sought-after star player but it is no obstacle in being a decent third liner in the KHL. Injuries? Discipline issues? Would like to hear more about him if anyone knows anything.

On a different note, despite the loss, props to Admiral once again for making it close. Genuinely enjoying the hockey they have been playing. I wouldn't be surprised if they somehow sneaked their way to a win in Kazan. Probably as good as gone but maybe they can make the series longer.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Does anyone know what happened to Artyom Manukyan? Albeit solely based on numbers, I was quite excited with him in the long run for Avangard but it looks like his career just didn't go anywhere... Apparently he spent this season at three different teams in VHL, having just a total of 17 apps for them. How did he go from dominating younger categories so hard to this? I know he's physically small (relatively) but this alone shouldn't destroy one's career, right? Maybe it prevents him from being a highly sought-after star player but it is no obstacle in being a decent third liner in the KHL. Injuries? Discipline issues? Would like to hear more about him if anyone knows anything.

On a different note, despite the loss, props to Admiral once again for making it close. Genuinely enjoying the hockey they have been playing. I wouldn't be surprised if they somehow sneaked their way to a win in Kazan. Probably as good as gone but maybe they can make the series longer.
For Manukyan injuries really ruined everything.

Reactions: hansomreiste

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Still a bit bitter about Torpedo being swept by SKA just because this result isn't closely reflecting how it was in game: in game 1 Torpedo looked better, game 2 was really close and in game 4 they led 3:1 coming into the third, but it ended how it ended.

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
It would be unfair to call the games in this round underwhelming but eventual scorelines for all the series look meh. I'd expect Magnitka to do more against us and it would be cool if Torpedo got at least one game from SKA. Both Ak Bars and CSKA play home next so there is a realistic possibility we might have two sweeps and two 4-1s in conference semifinals. Guess this is the price we have to pay for a very entertaining first round. Death, taxes and CSKA-SKA final in the west is once again inevitable.

Maybe I shouldn't complain about having swept Magnitka but this one in particular was one of the worst series I've ever watched. No intensity whatsoever, MMG have zero clue what they are playing for... It all felt like a meaningless regular season game when it is supposed to be one of the biggest "derbies" in the league. QF against Sibir was way more entertaining and exciting honestly. I'm not hopeless for the likely tie against Ak Bars but if we can't get Sharipzyanov back it will not be easy. For years I've always wanted to have SKA in the final so we can beat them, let's see how it goes.

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
You're asking me to have some Admiral hockey for breakfast on Sunday? I think I can handle that.

No matter how this series end they are the heroes of this season in my opinion. This is the flair KHL needs. Refreshing to see some competitive hockey with different teams involved.

Reactions: Rigafan

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2