Blue Jackets Area
How about this new Vityaz jersey?

photo_5294289732492181898_y.jpg

5eb3dbf7a353cf60341cdd1226954591.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Rigafan

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
The color scheme and wing patterns have a strong Avangard's ripoff vibe (I don't think Vityaz have ever used any black in their uniforms ever before) and the winged knight looks like a fantasy game character but at least they have gotten rid of nazi slogans in their logo, so I guess that's net positive in the end.

Still including it in the second photo is also kinda hilarious, can't leave the wehraboo-ing behind just like that.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Would have been nice to see Amur in the playoffs. They had a great season, expectations-wise. Foundation season for Likhachyov, Dubakin, Grebyonkin, Drozg.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Neftekhimik, in the hunt for the playoff spot, lost at home to Sochi yesterday. Which, at first glance, is absolutely unacceptable at this stage of the season. But, upon further investigation, they scored 1 goal on 62(!) shots so I guess you can't blame them for lack of trying.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Literally every series on the first day starts with an upset. Including both 8th seed wins.

Mawwerg

Nov 7, 2017
Hosts won only 2 games. I believe it's quite unusual for KHL although I did not check.

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
Can't believe all quarterfinal series are 2-1 after three games. Some are in favour of underdogs like Cherepovets even. Had to wait an eternity for something resembling parity in the league and here we are. Just wish we were living in better times and not under the shadow of a war. From a sports perspective it looks like KHL (albeit probably accidentally lol) found the right balance - it's almost all-Russian at this point, no club is extremely rich anymore, spending money on unsustainable projects is a thing of the past... I mean if it worked, I'd be so happy to have KHL teams from other parts of Europe but this is a dream long gone. Hope at least we can get back the likes of Lada, Novokuznetsk etc. because having 68 games with eight playoff slots for 11-12 teams is kinda ridiculous lol.

On another note, does anyone know what happened to this Conway guy with great posts about KHL on his blog? He hasn't posted anything in years. Hope he is doing fine and just lost interest in the league.

Last edited:

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Can't believe all quarterfinal series are 2-1 after three games. Some are in favour of underdogs like Cherepovets even. Had to wait an eternity for something resembling parity in the league and here we are. Just wish we were living in better times and not under the shadow of a war. From a sports perspective it looks like KHL (albeit probably accidentally lol) found the right balance - it's almost all-Russian at this point, no club is extremely rich anymore, spending money on unsustainable projects is a thing of the past... I mean if it worked, I'd be so happy to have KHL teams from other parts of Europe but this is a dream long gone. Hope at least we can get back the likes of Lada, Novokuznetsk etc. because having 68 games with eight playoff slots for 11-12 teams is kinda ridiculous lol.

On another note, does anyone know what happened to this Conway guy with great posts about KHL on his blog? He hasn't posted anything in years. Hope he is doing fine and just lost interest in the league.
Great that you have just confirmed all messages written on this forum regarding the KHL Development Strategy were true.

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
Great that you have just confirmed all messages written on this forum regarding the KHL Development Strategy were true.
What do you foresee for the near future? Admittedly I've been quite far from the KHL in recent seasons for various reasons as evidenced by my lack of activity here. I was on course with results and the general picture but nothing beyond that. What I see as a positive is that there seems to be a lot of new arenas are being built. If everything goes as planned, maybe we'll soon have Lada, Novokuznetsk, Krasnoyarsk and Perm... And many of the current teams will have modern, new arenas able to accommodate more fans.

Not asking anything about expansion at this point because I fear this is practically impossible at least until 2030 if not beyond. And to hell with "new markets" unless they already have some hockey culture... Union State plus Kazakhstan is enough, looking forward to Kunlun leaving personally but I reckon it's not gonna happen.

Mawwerg

Nov 7, 2017
Salavat have just lost fifth game at home and is now at the edge of elimination as they trail in series to Admiral 2-3. The game was quite exciting. And as for now current playoff round exceeds far my expectations.

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
Ezhov against Admiral might be one of the worst performances I've ever seen from a goalie in playoffs. Props to Admiral for well-deserved win, they showed the grit and will to fight at all times. Now hoping for them to tire Ak Bars as much as they can.

kp61c

Apr 3, 2012
separate civilization
Meanwhile looks like Sochi player Ivanuzhenkov kills another person in Russia. I remember arguing with one poster here (who has been in ignore list for years) that Ivanuzhenkov brothers were playing for national teams only because of nelotism. Now they both are done.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Meanwhile looks like Sochi player Ivanuzhenkov kills another person in Russia. I remember arguing with one poster here (who has been in ignore list for years) that Ivanuzhenkov brothers were playing for national teams only because of nelotism. Now they both are done.
First, if I understand correctly at this point he is one of the suspects. Second, "kills another person" kind of hints that you're probably confusing him with his brother. Those tiny little details are important though to be compliant with Hfboards libeling rules.

And while I don't think I'm on your ignore list I still think that this Ivanyuzhenkov had hockey talent, as he was looking legit at the U18 project and was producing even while getting only bottom-six roles there.

kp61c

Apr 3, 2012
separate civilization
First, if I understand correctly at this point he is one of the suspects. Second, "kills another person" kind of hints that you're probably confusing him with his brother. Those tiny little details are important though to be compliant with Hfboards libeling rules.

And while I don't think I'm on your ignore list I still think that this Ivanyuzhenkov had hockey talent, as he was looking legit at the U18 project and was producing even while getting only bottom-six roles there.
First, I am not confusing him with anyone. He killed a cyclist a couple of years ago. Anton sent to reanimation a couple of passerby and tried to leave the scene of a crash but didn't kill anyone as far as i know. Check your facts before threatening me with libeling rules and don't libel his brother.
Second, he's not one of the suspects, he is the mains suspect and eyewitnesses collaborate the story it seems.
And while you are not in my ignore list i don't agree with you either. He and his brother never had hockey talent and the only reason they were playing for national teams of various ages was nepotism. He should not even be playing in the KHL. Another case of nepotism.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
First, I am not confusing him with anyone. He killed a cyclist a couple of years ago. Anton sent to reanimation a couple of passerby and tried to leave the scene of a crash but didn't kill anyone as far as i know. Check your facts before threatening me with libeling rules and don't libel his brother.
Second, he's not one of the suspects, he is the mains suspect and eyewitnesses collaborate the story it seems.
And while you are not in my ignore list i don't agree with you either. He and his brother never had hockey talent and the only reason they were playing for national teams of various ages was nepotism. He should not even be playing in the KHL. Another case of nepotism.
Source for that please.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad