KHL Season 2022-23

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Larionov's Torpedo plays Soviet style hockey. One of the youngest and poorest KHL teams destroyed two teams in the row.
That begs the question - how did Torpedo become so poor?

Vityaz deserve a shoutout as well, with a very Vityaz-like roster they are 3/3 beating Avangard and SYu. Avangard themselves on the other hand... I guess they want to prove Hartley wasn't being paid for nothing.

Also should be mentioned that while Bauer has left the Russian market and CCM kind of didn't officially, but also are having issues with deliveries, still there are foreign companies like Sherwood or True who are apparently staying. So the main issue is not with the stick availability as such, but with the players, who are used to some exact stick model they use for years and now will have to readjust.
Surely there is any number of ways to get the sticks you want, it's just that you might be forced to find a way to do it. More of a nuisance than a real issue.

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
I guess it's what being old feels like: Mozyakin is a Metallurg executive, Syomin is a Sokol executive, Zaripov is a stick plant owner, Yeryomenko retired, Kovalchuk is a national team manager, Afinogenov sells pelmeni at VDNH, and even Larionov's son seems to be somewhat impressive.

Good thing we still have Radulov as a bridge to old times:

fetch

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
One particularly obstinate German poster is somewhere pounding sand in anguish at the fact that Kunlun is still a team in the KHL and won their game yesterday.
Wait until China reaches the elite division which they inevitably will with this kind of roster. Poor sand.

AlexanderSemin21

Jun 2, 2022
Medellín, Colombia
Vadim Shypachov has scored a goal today but he only has 7 points in 20 games, the guy is totally washed but he is earning a huge paycheck until 2025. Kazan season is a mess given the investment they made. Surprising how bad are working teams like Omsk, Chelyabinsk or Kazan.

ForsbergForever

May 19, 2004
Vadim Shypachov has scored a goal today but he only has 7 points in 20 games, the guy is totally washed but he is earning a huge paycheck until 2025. Kazan season is a mess given the investment they made. Surprising how bad are working teams like Omsk, Chelyabinsk or Kazan.

It could be that he just hasn't found chemistry with his new teammates yet, sometimes it takes awhile to settle in.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Ak Bars remind me of Sushinsky/Yashin era SKA. Bunch of veterans with huge names, 0 results.

Val

Jan 19, 2021
Gretzky scores the second goal of the season!

Last edited:

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
So Admiral is no firmly in the 4th spot in the East with almost half of a season gone. One has to admit: 1) East stinks; 2) whatever Tambijevs is doing, he has talent, if winning 3 championships over the last 5 years wasn't enough evidence.

aonb

Oct 26, 2013
does anyone know details of the Yevgeni Mozer situation? he hasn't played since the 19/20 season and now i can see him with Dinamo St. Petersburg. Its been 2 years tho. Injury related? he scored a couple nice goals in KHL and was a decent middle six guy

ForsbergForever

May 19, 2004
does anyone know details of the Yevgeni Mozer situation? he hasn't played since the 19/20 season and now i can see him with Dinamo St. Petersburg. Its been 2 years tho. Injury related? he scored a couple nice goals in KHL and was a decent middle six guy

According to Elite Prospects he has 12 pts in 18 games for St. Petersburg in the VHL. I'm guessing he couldn't crack the KHL roster after missing the last two seasons.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Is that good or bad?
It is below average due to obvious reasons. It depends on #games, the best number is over 5 million, worst is 3.5 million if not counting covid seasons. Still the best number in Europe (NL is 1.1 million) for obvious reasons.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Daily European hockey attendance of the season for September, October & November. The most attendad game of a day (league) taken into consideration. Leagues: KHL, NL (Swiss), DEL (Germany), SHL (Sweden), Liiga (Finland), TELH (Czech), CHL (Champions Hockey League).

Attachments

• euro.png
    euro.png
    9.5 KB · Views: 11
  • euro-graph.png
    euro-graph.png
    159.3 KB · Views: 11

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad