Status
Not open for further replies.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Leafs problems run so deep now.

Soft star players.

Poor head coach (with brand new extension).

Bad, reactionary management in a market obsessed with Don Cherry-isms.

They were close a couple years ago and probably unlucky not to go on a run. Now ... their window is closing rapidly, and might be shut entirely.

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
For all the Stars opportunities, their shots haven't really looked very dangerous, and they're overpassing instead of just shooting for rebounds.

It's also funny watching Eichel trying to change directions. He's like the polar opposite of Garland. Covers a ton of ground though and can really slow things down.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
What's crazy is the Leafs had an opportunity last off season to make a big change and yet again ran it back. Now everyone has NMCs kicking in, meaning they can control where they go.

If Shanahan survives this, Leaf fans should just stop going to games at this point. He's been a complete disaster. At the same time, their big four have routinely shown they care more about bumping their regular season stats than playoff success. Granted, I'd be curious how any one of them play somewhere else.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Leafs problems run so deep now.

Soft star players.

Poor head coach (with brand new extension).

Bad, reactionary management in a market obsessed with Don Cherry-isms.

They were close a couple years ago and probably unlucky not to go on a run. Now ... their window is closing rapidly, and might be shut entirely.
feels good man

Dallas seriously faded in the 3rd.

Let's get a 6+OT game. I want to wake up in the morning and still see the game going on.
They are going to beat themselves up for not scoring with like 3 breakaways

Reactions: SeawaterOnIce

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Dallas seriously faded in the 3rd.

Let's get a 6+OT game. I want to wake up in the morning and still see the game going on.

Hypothetically speaking, if one OT and no score, they just go to another, and another, and another...is there actually a hard limit?

This might be a pretty impractical question, but I can't help but wondering about it...

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
What's crazy is the Leafs had an opportunity last off season to make a big change and yet again ran it back. Now everyone has NMCs kicking in, meaning they can control where they go.

If Shanahan survives this, Leaf fans should just stop going to games at this point. He's been a complete disaster. At the same time, their big four have routinely shown they care more about bumping their regular season stats than playoff success. Granted, I'd be curious how any one of them play somewhere else.
Yeah, I thought last year's roster was much better and their offseason was terrible. They've wasted their prime and it's going to require a really capable GM to improve their roster and Trieveling (Sp) isn't it.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC

I think they’re pretty much screwed until the year after next year. Probably the best option they have is to convince Marner to waive but the return would be pretty low I’d think.
To me he’s the guy who disappears the most and Tavares won’t be moved. It’s almost unfixable until after next year but they probably need to start the shakeup by moving Marner somehow.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Hypothetically speaking, if one OT and no score, they just go to another, and another, and another...is there actually a hard limit?

This might be a pretty impractical question, but I can't help but wondering about it...
I think the powers that be would probably call off the game once players start collapsing on the ice.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Was pretty crazy watching Nylander playing on the 3rd line and setting up Pontus Holmberg FFS. Keefe is a complete idiot fir doing that.

Top goal scorer Matthews. Top playmaker Marner yes no reason why you would pair them up lol

Reactions: mossey3535

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Yes hanging out with a couple idiots and saving their panel. He's awesome

I like him, it is a bit jarring when the host kicks from Biz and Carter doing Madame Cleo impersonations that sound more like the Count from Sesame Street, to this serious discussion on the game.

Reactions: sting101

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Thompson is single-handedly stealing this game
I don't want Vegas to win this game but I felt bad for Thompson last season. He was in the all-star game and then got hurt just in time for them to go on the playoff run.

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
I don't want Vegas to win this game but I felt bad for Thompson last season. He was in the all-star game and then got hurt just in time for them to go on the playoff run.
Has he faced a lot of dangerous chances? I was thinking they looked non too difficult, but now I'm doubting that opinion.perhaps has just making it look easy?

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011

I think it's idiotic that Treliving apparently needed to "see it for himself".

Very high chance the issue is that their Core 4 are just gutless. However, by having Keefe as coach despite him getting out-coached at every turn in the playoffs and also failing to instill a coherent defensive system, there's a small chance that a different coach could have gotten to them. Now it's basically too late and their window is closing.

They could probably manage a quick re-tool if they get rid of Marner but they have so many holes. And Treliving's lack of urgency when he came in doesn't make me think he has the balls to carry that out.

Stayed up for this entire game, it was amazing.

Has he faced a lot of dangerous chances? I was thinking they looked non too difficult, but now I'm doubting that opinion.perhaps has just making it look easy?
I'm not super paying attention, just have the game on while I try to get some data analysis done so I'm not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad