KHL Season 2021-2022

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
What exactly is the Jokerit statement? Because you stated that the season is suspended until 22nd February. And that is simply not correct as the Olympics break was going to happen anyway. And it has nothing to do with COVID.

This is the official statement by Morozov. It is as follows: 4 gamedays will be posponed and the games will probably take place during the Olympics brake. The exact schedule for the posponed games to be anounced by the end of January.

Сообщение КХЛ об эпидемиологической ситуации в Лиге на 12 января

Avtomobilist-peli siirtyy uudelleen | Jokerit.com

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
As expected, we can see the misinterpretation of the Jokerit´s statement by people not familiared with the league.

Jokerit says "KHL has decided to freeze all games on 15.1. forward until the Olympic break." The Olympic break was planned to start on January 21 (23).

Rufus T Firefly

Jul 8, 2020
Since the regular season looks to be over, can someone post the playoff matchups? It doesn't look like points percentage will change anything in the standings, but I can't tell for sure on mobile.

Reactions: teddygmr

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
KHL has released the official pairs for Gagarin Cup 1st round:

SKA - Dinamo Minsk
Jokerit - Spartak
CSKA - Lokomotiv
Dynamo Msc - Severstal

Metallurg - Barys
Traktor - Neftekhimik
Salavat Yulaev - Sibir
Ak Bars - Avangard

KHL playoffs starting on March 1, best-of-7

The league released the rules if a team can not play a game/series. The minimum number of players for a game is 13 skaters + 2 goalies.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I just realized the cancelation took away Shipachyov's very real chance to complete the best KHL scoring season ever. He was definitely still within touching distance.

Reactions: Section Netherlands

rohky

Jun 17, 2019
Reading
We are one week away from the start of the Gagarin Cup Play-Offs. In my opinion, the most interesting pairs are Ak Bars Avangard, Jokerit - Spartak, and Dinamo Moscow - Severstal. I'd bet on Ak Bars, Jokerit, and Severstal that they will advance further. I also think that Dinamo Minsk will win one game against SKA.

Reactions: Rigafan and vorky

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Please keep political views and opinion out of this thread.

Forum Rules Reminder:

4) Threadjacking/OT/Politics: Posts that waste space or time on the site, annoy users due to characteristics or repetition, disrupt the site functionality, or cause threads to veer off topic may be considered “threadjacking/OT”. This also applies to signatures, user titles, avatars, profile fields, and so forth. Stay on topic as much as possible. Post new threads in the appropriate forum only.
Political discussion is not permitted on the forums except within the narrowly defined scope of hockey-related matters.

Flukeshot

Briere Activate!
Sponsor
Feb 19, 2004
Brampton, Ont
With @AchtzehnBaby 's comment in mind, avoiding the political topic, I am interested in how this conflict may impact the season.

Are there Ukrainian players on KHL teams that will leave their team? Is there anticipation that other European and North American players may walk away mid-playoffs?

Have Jokerit or Riga made any comments or indications they will pull out?

Rigafan

Jul 28, 2016
Europe
With @AchtzehnBaby 's comment in mind, avoiding the political topic, I am interested in how this conflict may impact the season.

Are there Ukrainian players on KHL teams that will leave their team? Is there anticipation that other European and North American players may walk away mid-playoffs?

Have Jokerit or Riga made any comments or indications they will pull out?

Your answer to Jokerit is above my post, apparently they have left?

Riga, well, the Latvian government said yesterday that they may not (or will not) grant a licence for Dinamo Riga to compete in the KHL next season.

Reactions: Flukeshot

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
There are only a few weeks to play remaining for most of them and they would lose bonuses, unpaid salary, etc. I think most guys will just play it out rathet than force the issue in an uncertain situation. Maybe some inquired about being let go (like Prince) and teams simply said no.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Libor Hudacek says, all Minsk foreign players want to leave the team. Maybe SKA also gets free pass to the next round.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Libor Hudacek says, all Minsk foreign players want to leave the team. Maybe SKA also gets free pass to the next round.
Maybe the country's fearless leader is finally getting a spot in the lineup :sarcasm: As a politician, he is just a useless puppet anyway so might as well switch careers for good.

On a more serious note, they will just play whoever agrees/can be bullied into playing. No way they are allowed to pull out just because those capitalist sly dogs betrayed them.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Watched a little of cska game, not really in the mood....
Same here. I always have Minsk games on the other tab open, but today I can't muster anything even remotely close to excitement of playoffs starting...

Flukeshot

Briere Activate!
Sponsor
Feb 19, 2004
Brampton, Ont
Any word on if foreign players are leaving Russian teams?

TSN Insider trading just covered that topic. The answer is yes. Even if players aren't concerned about the political aspects they certainly are concerned with the financial and that the value of their pay has been cut in half by the decline of the ruble.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Granada vs Osasuna
    Granada vs Osasuna
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $10.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $40.00