KHL Season 2021-2022

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
The comedy just writes itself.

And of course all the manservants are wishing him luck. Even Fetisov.

at-this-point-its-getting-ridiculous-shea-whitney.gif

Reactions: Exarz

karhukissa

Apr 2, 2019
What a family. His brother Boris has been a professional footballer for over 10 years now, playing at the biggest Russian clubs like Dinamo Moscow, Lokomotiv and Rostov. Funny thing is that he's terrible and has no business playing professional football, he also has one national team match with Finnish national team and he was absolute garbage.

Roman makes himself as the head coach of the biggest hockey team outside of NHL. Russia really is a rich mans paradise!

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
And of course all the manservants are wishing him luck. Even Fetisov.
This is the worst part. Rich dude can do with his team whatever he wants - fine, but the endless of parade of approvals from every single person involved with hockey is truly embarrassing.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Actually I think that's some good news:

if he ends up being bad, then it is good that he won't hide behind Bragin's back anymore and will take the blame;
if he ends up being good somehow (I mean, even Fedorov and Nazarov aren't doing too bad, so there's a chance), then it is good too for obvious reasons.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Terrible. This guy will coach Michkov.
I think you assume he will do way more coaching than he's actually going to.

if he ends up being good somehow (I mean, even Fedorov and Nazarov aren't doing too bad, so there's a chance), then it is good too for obvious reasons.
How would that happen? Fedorov is 4th in the conference with the stacked team and Nazarov (who was a decent coach all along, albeit completely embarrassing one) is getting adequate results after SKA started sending him quality players one after another. If anything, the most likely (and best) scenario is that this is just a title to feed his ego and he will do none of the real work.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
I think you assume he will do way more coaching than he's actually going to.

How would that happen? Fedorov is 4th in the conference with the stacked team and Nazarov (who was a decent coach all along, albeit completely embarrassing one) is getting adequate results after SKA started sending him quality players one after another. If anything, the most likely (and best) scenario is that this is just a title to feed his ego and he will do none of the real work.

I mean, both Fedorov and Nazarov were expected to do much worse I think.

Anyway, if I'd have to bet, it would be on the scenario that he actually fails (for example makes an early first-round exit), then Timchenko fires him and he ends up somewhere where he still has enough influence.

Rufus T Firefly

Jul 8, 2020
Seems like an impossible position for the SKA players....
I mean, both Fedorov and Nazarov were expected to do much worse I think.

Anyway, if I'd have to bet, it would be on the scenario that he actually fails (for example makes an early first-round exit), then Timchenko fires him and he ends up somewhere where he still has enough influence.
I don't understand anything of the SKA ownership/management. Does HC Rotenberg report to GM Tochitskiy who reports to VP/CEO Rotenberg who reports to President Timchenko who reports to owners Gazprom?....but Rotenberg works for Gazprom(bank) as VP. So is he part of the ownership group or no? Is there really any accountability for him as head coach?

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Seems like an impossible position for the SKA players....

I don't understand anything of the SKA ownership/management. Does HC Rotenberg report to GM Tochitskiy who reports to VP/CEO Rotenberg who reports to President Timchenko who reports to owners Gazprom?....but Rotenberg works for Gazprom(bank) as VP. So is he part of the ownership group or no? Is there really any accountability for him as head coach?

For the start, GMs in the KHL are not the same as in the NHL, usually general director is more of an equivalent, so Tochitskiy has nothing to do here. So currently Roman Rotenberg is the head coach, general director and vice-president of SKA. Technically he reports to the SKAs board of directors, but in reality that means to Timchenko. As for the ownership, SKA is owned by a Gazprom's subsidiary and Gazprom is state owned.

Anyway, what really matters is that recently Rotenberg's team lost control of the Team Russia for the Olympics and was replaced by Zhamnov, who is considered to be Timchenko's guy, so it's not like Rotenberg is totally not accountable.

Reactions: Rufus T Firefly

Rufus T Firefly

Jul 8, 2020
For the start, GMs in the KHL are not the same as in the NHL, usually general director is more of an equivalent, so Tochitskiy has nothing to do here. So currently Roman Rotenberg is the head coach, general director and vice-president of SKA. Technically he reports to the SKAs board of directors, but in reality that means to Timchenko. As for the ownership, SKA is owned by a Gazprom's subsidiary and Gazprom is state owned.

Anyway, what really matters is that recently Rotenberg's team lost control of the Team Russia for the Olympics and was replaced by Zhamnov, who is considered to be Timchenko's guy, so it's not like Rotenberg is totally not accountable.
Aha, thank you, Caser! Wonderfully explained! So the de facto head of SKA is Timchenko? That's where the final decisions are taken?

And if Timchenko has soured on Rotenberg and Rotenberg is now on the outside looking in of Team Russia's Olympic team, is Rotenberg taking over as SKA's coach more like a desperate move for him as a guy on the way out? Or is it simply Rotenberg not trusting Bragin and micromanaging?

Reactions: Caser

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Aha, thank you, Caser! Wonderfully explained! So the de facto head of SKA is Timchenko? That's where the final decisions are taken?

And if Timchenko has soured on Rotenberg and Rotenberg is now on the outside looking in of Team Russia's Olympic team, is Rotenberg taking over as SKA's coach more like a desperate move for him as a guy on the way out? Or is it simply Rotenberg not trusting Bragin and micromanaging?

Final decisions, but rather global ones, not like which player to get or something.

I think it is more of a "all or nothing" move now from his side and "Prove that you're as good as you think you are" from Timchenko. As for Rotenberg and Bragin it is hard to tell what is going on inside there, but reportedly the SKA players' reaction was more like "nothing really has changed anyway". So I mean, likely Rotenberg was in that position for some time now, but he needed the team finding some wins to allow himself to make it official (as he doesn't have Bragin's reputation and wouldn't be allowed to lose a lot).

Reactions: Rufus T Firefly

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Is there a website ( CapFriendly NHL ) to see KHL salaries ?

thank you
No. Of course, the KHL has its own, private, system (KHL CIB) where all such data are online. But there is no such free, public, website/app.

All you can get are media leaks. Like this - top 95 players. Or another one - all foreigners (non-Russians) in Russian clubs. You need to understand that numbers in those leaks are BASE salary without individual & team bonuses. The KHL salary cap ceiling for BASE salaries is 900M rubles. But those two leaks does not cover the transfers during season (for example Dietz)

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Jokerit literally notified the season was suspended earlier due to so many teams having many Covid cases.
What exactly is the Jokerit statement? Because you stated that the season is suspended until 22nd February. And that is simply not correct as the Olympics break was going to happen anyway. And it has nothing to do with COVID.

This is the official statement by Morozov. It is as follows: 4 gamedays will be posponed and the games will probably take place during the Olympics brake. The exact schedule for the posponed games to be anounced by the end of January.

Сообщение КХЛ об эпидемиологической ситуации в Лиге на 12 января

Reactions: TommySalo and vorky

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad